CSP 23B57 for battery module on brand new 2023 truck at the lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I may be buying a new 2023 on the lot at a local dealer. CSP #23B57 for the BMS and battery module is listed for this truck when I search the VIN (1FT6W1EV0PWG59660). What do you all recommend I do? Should I demand they do whatever software upgrade it needs before I take the truck? Or am I actually buying a major risk of failure to begin with regarding the battery module?
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I don’t believe there is a major risk of failure. If you demand a fix before pickup, you will have to wait until they get the part but you may save a trip, See if they have a mobile tech that can replace it at your home.

OP
OP
Runaway Tractor

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I don’t believe there is a major risk of failure. If you demand a fix before pickup, you will have to wait until they get the part but you may save a trip, See if they have a mobile tech that can replace it at your home.
I don't think they replace the high voltage battery modules at home...

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
It's a simple software update. Make them do it.

Tfarrell73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23Lightning Lariat ER in production, 17 GMC Sierra
My special order truck was delivered in Nov 23 with that outstanding csp. Dealer did the software update before I took delivery

Sponsored
OP
OP
Runaway Tractor

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Did some searching and found literally every single new 2023 truck for sale with 100 miles of me has that CSP open on it. So apparently I can't avoid it. I guess my concern is what is the likelyhood of an actual battery module failure that requires replacement?

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
You should have the CSP done before taking delivery. The risk of battery failure is low. It wouldn't affect my decision at all if I were in your shoes.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Did some searching and found literally every single new 2023 truck for sale with 100 miles of me has that CSP open on it. So apparently I can't avoid it. I guess my concern is what is the likelyhood of an actual battery module failure that requires replacement?
They should apply the software update and analyze the SOH of the pack, if it's out of spec then it's a hold until repaired situation, if the pack is in spec, it's ready for sale now.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Have them apply the software update, then run the battery report, and you'll know if it detects a problem, THEN buy it.

Sponsored

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 F-450 Platinum & '23 Ford Lightning Lariat & 2 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Have them apply the software update, then run the battery report, and you'll know if it detects a problem, THEN buy it.
That’s exactly what the dealer did the day I bought mine. After the software update it passed and I bought it. Actually they wouldn’t sell it to me until they did the update and verified battery passed.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....

OverExtendedAgain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 1999 Corvette Roadster
Occupation
Real Estate
I may be buying a new 2023 on the lot at a local dealer. CSP #23B57 for the BMS and battery module is listed for this truck when I search the VIN (1FT6W1EV0PWG59660). What do you all recommend I do? Should I demand they do whatever software upgrade it needs before I take the truck? Or am I actually buying a major risk of failure to begin with regarding the battery module?
I have the 2023 Lightning Lariat (built in Aug 2023) and received Customer Satisfaction Program 23B70 letter last week. This is apparently a much different issue than the 23B57 issue but I am including the 23B70 info below for others.
It states (in part):

"At Ford Motor Company, we are committed not only to building high-quality, dependaple products but also to building a community of happy, satisfied customers. To demonstrate that commitment, we are providing a no-charge Customer Satisfaction Program for your vehicle with the VIN shown above.

On your vehicle, it may be possible the battery monitor sensor is randomly under reporting the actual 12V battery capacity during an over-the-air (OTA) software update. This may result in OTA software updates not being completed on your vehicle.

In the interest of cu.stomer satisfaction, Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to replace the battery monitor sensor free of charge (parts and labor) under the terms of this program.

The time needed for this repair is less than one-half day.
Please call your dealer without delay to schedule a service appointment for Customer Satisfaction Program 23870. Provide the dealer with your VIN, which is printed near your name at the beginning of this letter"

I checked & the local dealer has the part so I took mine in this morning. My Lightning should be back by this afternoon. No BFD (I hope!).

Last edited:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I have the 2023 Lightning Lariat (built in Aug 2023) and received Customer Satisfaction Program 23B70 letter last week. This is apparently a much different issue than the 23B57 issue but I am including the 23B70 info below for others.
It states (in part):

"At Ford Motor Company, we are committed not only to building high-quality, dependaple products but also to building a community of happy, satisfied customers. To demonstrate that commitment, we are providing a no-charge Customer Satisfaction Program for your vehicle with the VIN shown above.

On your vehicle, it may be possible the battery monitor sensor is randomly under reporting the actual 12V battery capacity during an over-the-air (OTA) software update. This may result in OTA software updates not being completed on your vehicle.

In the interest of cu.stomer satisfaction, Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to replace the battery monitor sensor free of charge (parts and labor) under the terms of this program.

The time needed for this repair is less than one-half day.
Please call your dealer without delay to schedule a service appointment for Customer Satisfaction Program 23870. Provide the dealer with your VIN, which is printed near your name at the beginning of this letter"

I checked & the local dealer has the part so I took mine in this morning. My Lightning should be back by this afternoon. No BFD (I hope!).
Totally unrelated to 23B57. Thread here..
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.