• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
This is all why I'm really hopefuly that the aftermarket steps in by the time the warranty expires and is making replacement packs for these trucks. The relatively easy removal and installation and the modularity of the pack, give me a lot of hope over other vehicles like teslas that have "structural" packs that can't really be serviced.
Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
For those that are worried about the battery life, did you know that the original Leaf's batteries are lasting longer than the vehicles? Nissan is releasing a new product in Japan that takes Leaf modules from those vehicles and turning them into power packs.

And that is on a passive cooled pack, which I would never buy living in South Texas.

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
For those that are worried about the battery life, did you know that the original Leaf's batteries are lasting longer than the vehicles? Nissan is releasing a new product in Japan that takes Leaf modules from those vehicles and turning them into power packs.

And that is on a passive cooled pack, which I would never buy living in South Texas.
That’s promising!
Have you got any results from testing the pouch cells in our trucks yet?

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
That’s promising!
Have you got any results from testing the pouch cells in our trucks yet?
Not under test yet. Module construction is very unique and has presented additional challenges. Plus there is a lack of available cycler channels for the next 20 weeks.

Phineas Magliozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT, optionless.
What do we think the cost estimate is to Ford for each of these repairs? I'm guessing SK has to bear part of the costs for replacing the battery module, but the module, shipping, labor to drop the battery, save and replace the glycol, etc.

I would guess $3K to $4K per replacement.
I had two modules replaced, then the BCM, then another module, and the dealer commented that they were into it for $13k+. True? Who knows, but it can't be cheap.

Sponsored

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
Finally got my truck back after right at one month of it being at the service department. They replaced the #4 battery module. Pretty aggravated that it took so long. I was stuck in a Ford edge for over a week before they were able to get me into a F150. Another irritation was having to spend a lot of money on gas. So while I'm glad to have my truck back I'm pretty irritated about it all.

Now I'm thinking I need the extended warranty or plan to sell before the battery warranty is over.
Warranty for battery is 8 year 100K miles. U got some time.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I got a call from Ford social media today. They gave me 3 years of scheduled maintenance for my troubles with the battery module I had replaced. I'm not really sure what that will give me since there are no oil changes. Free cabin filter maybe?
I suspect if you check either they misspoke or you misunderstood - they gave you an extended warranty, not service plan. They should mail you a copy.

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
I suspect if you check either they misspoke or you misunderstood - they gave you an extended warranty, not service plan. They should mail you a copy.
I already have an extended warranty I got through Grainger. I did ask them at the time if this was separate from the extended warranty that I already have and they said yes. They mentioned oil changes which I said weren't applicable for an EV. They haven't emailed anything yet, so I need to follow back up with them.

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
What do we think the cost estimate is to Ford for each of these repairs? I'm guessing SK has to bear part of the costs for replacing the battery module, but the module, shipping, labor to drop the battery, save and replace the glycol, etc.

I would guess $3K to $4K per replacement.
My service advisor was not there when I picked mine up. The other advisor wasn't really familiar with it but told me the battery module alone was $6500 and that did not include labor.

Fast87t

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
Hi All,

I have a Lariat Lightning September 22 Build and had all three recalls done light bar, dash mat, and battery software. When I took my truck in my battery was operating with no problems and the truck was fine. My SOC was 46% when the truck went in for service. When I picked it up the next day I took it home and it was fine and I plugged it into my L2 Autel home 240v charger at 8 pm.
The Ford pass App alerted me that I was charged to 90% at 12:30 am.
When I started the truck at 6 am the wrench came on and the available power was 51% but the battery pack was at 90%. I drove it 3 miles to my dealer and they have it and it needs a module 3 pack as of right now and 2 two-week wait on parts. The question is, how can it be bad when it was good before a software update? Will this be one of many failed packs down the road?I love this truck but, not for long if the battery issues keep popping up!

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Hi All,

I have a Lariat Lightning September 22 Build and had all three recalls done light bar, dash mat, and battery software. When I took my truck in my battery was operating with no problems and the truck was fine. My SOC was 46% when the truck went in for service. When I picked it up the next day I took it home and it was fine and I plugged it into my L2 Autel home 240v charger at 8 pm.
The Ford pass App alerted me that I was charged to 90% at 12:30 am.
When I started the truck at 6 am the wrench came on and the available power was 51% but the battery pack was at 90%. I drove it 3 miles to my dealer and they have it and it needs a module 3 pack as of right now and 2 two-week wait on parts. The question is, how can it be bad when it was good before a software update? Will this be one of many failed packs down the road?I love this truck but, not for long if the battery issues keep popping up!
Maybe it was always bad but the old battery management software didn't recognize that it was.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I'm taking my truck in tomorrow to get an accessory part installed. When I spoke to a SA and mentioned the CSP, he told me I'd have to leave my truck for a couple of days because it takes them time to get the parts to replace the battery module. I said, "Hey, the truck is working great, no battery warnings, I drive it very little, and the Ford letter says I can wait for the OTA update. AFAIK, I don't need a module replacement." The SA had no problem with me waiting. Strangely enough, installing an accessory part at my dealership is done through the Parts Department, not the Service Department, even though the same service techs will be involved. I was told the part installation would take 3 to 4 hours so I didn't want to complicate it by getting into the battery software update (I only have gone ~1600 miles in ~6 mo of driving :) ).

The part to be installed is the Ford Perimeter Plus Security Shock Sensor. The head of the Parts department told me he'd check to see if it was already built into the truck. He claimed that on higher-end Lariats and above, it was but just not activated.*** If not, they'll be disassembling the center console area, starting with the Sync screen to insert the part I bought on accessories.ford.com. I'm more worried about how my truck will run after that than after the battery software update! The Parts guy said they do that sort of work on ICE vehicles all the time but then they don't have the larger screen ... The price I was given for de novo insertion and programming of the sensor was $375.

Since the thread has encompassed the quality of dealer work, I'm mentioning the parts bit as my own little test of how on-the-ball my dealer is.

*** Maybe he's thinking ICE vehicles???

Edit_Update: My truck did not have the Perimeter Plus shock sensor factory-installed. The tech tagged for the work convinced me that it wasn't worth the cost and the risk that something would go wrong with the truck electronics down the line with the device installed because of the install location: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...imeter-plus-security-system.15665/post-344949

Last edited:

Tazzy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Retired
Took my lightning in yesterday for the recall, they hope it will done today, but probably will be a 3 day process. Was told software has been updated, not sure what else they need to do.
Sponsored