• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Ford F-150 Lightning CSP 24B56 - Inoperative Front Parking Sensor(s) - IPMA Software Update for Certain 2022-24 F-150 Lightning Trucks CSP_24B56_Banner

BLUF: CSP released to address “Front Parking Sensors Not Available/Sensors Blocked, See Manual” messages in IPC. The fix is to update the IPMA software level. Some vehicles may have had this same issue previously repaired under SSM 52161.

Applicable build dates are: October 14, 2021 through December 15, 2023.

See attached bulletins for more info. Owner letters should be mailed out the week of 9 Sep 24.

P.S. Anytime you can get the dealership techs to update your IPMA and PSCM for free to enhance your BlueCruise functionality in addition to anything else...is a win-win.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

SteuLight

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT 312A
Question for those that are in the know: if a module is updated, either OTA or at a dealership, and I have made changes to settings in FORSCAN, will that update overwrite those changes, or will they remain?

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
Thanks for this!
CSP_24B56_Banner.png

BLUF: CSP released to address “Front Parking Sensors Not Available/Sensors Blocked, See Manual” messages in IPC. The fix is to update the IPMA software level. Some vehicles may have had this same issue previously repaired under SSM 52161.

Applicable build dates are: October 14, 2021 through December 15, 2023.

See attached bulletins for more info. Owner letters should be mailed out the week of 9 Sep 24.

P.S. Anytime you can get the dealership techs to update your IPMA and PSCM for free to enhance your BlueCruise functionality in addition to anything else...is a win-win.
Thanks for this!!!

what BC functionality is going to be imported with this? Isn’t this just going to fix the sensor issue?

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for this!

Thanks for this!!!

what BC functionality is going to be imported with this? Isn’t this just going to fix the sensor issue?
If you do have an IPMA update available to apply with FDRS it’s going to be the latest revision that improves overall BC performance. Disengages less often, less ping-ponging, etc. Essentially it’s the revision that is the same one on vehicles with BC 1.3 enabled.

Sponsored

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
If you do have an IPMA update available to apply with FDRS it’s going to be the latest revision that improves overall BC performance. Disengages less often, less ping-ponging, etc. Essentially it’s the revision that is the same one on vehicles with BC 1.3 enabled.
Well that’s sounds great. Thanks a bunch for the info. According to the bulletin, mobile service should be able to do this so gonna schedule this week.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Question for those that are in the know: if a module is updated, either OTA or at a dealership, and I have made changes to settings in FORSCAN, will that update overwrite those changes, or will they remain?
There have been instances where the configuration from the cloud at the end of the module update overwrote the FORSCAN changed settings. There have also been instances where the vehicle reported it's configuration to the cloud and the FORSCAN changes got copied to the asbuilt data and were then made more or less permanent. Could go both ways.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
Thanks for this @Mike G. Been an annoying problem I will be glad to be rid of.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Noticed it on mine, showed up just a couple days after I had it at the dealer. Woulda been nice if I could have had it done then. Oh well. Guess I'll need to schedule another drop off. Mobile service option would be nice. However, if it requires that really big update to be done first, that's a several hour job where the tech isn't doing much. Are they able to apply just this CSP update or do they need to get all the previous updates done first?

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Will I have any problem getting my dealer to do this if I haven't had any issues with the parking sensors? Just tell them I want to get it done so I don't have to worry about the issue cropping up later?

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Noticed it on mine, showed up just a couple days after I had it at the dealer. Woulda been nice if I could have had it done then. Oh well. Guess I'll need to schedule another drop off. Mobile service option would be nice. However, if it requires that really big update to be done first, that's a several hour job where the tech isn't doing much. Are they able to apply just this CSP update or do they need to get all the previous updates done first?
There is no indication that there are dependencies. So I guess they could just knock that IPMA/PSCM out.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Will I have any problem getting my dealer to do this if I haven't had any issues with the parking sensors? Just tell them I want to get it done so I don't have to worry about the issue cropping up later?
You: "I occasionally get an alert in my IPC that the second sensor from the left isn't working. Doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes. I understand that there's a CSP that addresses that issue."

Service Advisor: "Right, well we'll take a look at that."
Sponsored