• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

dovetaildan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Went back to dealership today after having this CSP applied last week to fix the 'small 360 cam' issue. No luck. Spoke directly with the Tech and he says he applied all the updates (including the 360 camera module configuration). Almost 2 full work days spent at the dealership. Unless there was a misunderstanding I'm not sure what to do now.

Has anyone with the 'small 360 cam' issue gotten it fixed by the dealer yet?
Sponsored

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
Went back to dealership today after having this CSP applied last week to fix the 'small 360 cam' issue. No luck. Spoke directly with the Tech and he says he applied all the updates (including the 360 camera module configuration). Almost 2 full work days spent at the dealership. Unless there was a misunderstanding I'm not sure what to do now.

Is your truck a 22? The dealer needs to run the 360 cam configuration in FDRS after the update.

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER

I can't say for the dealer, but if you're willing to DIY, there's a fix via FDRS for the small camera in this post and the following response via Forscan. I ran into this issue after some FDRS updates last month and that solution worked...I did not test the Forscan update to fix this.

Separately - does anyone know if there's an easy way to verify if the updates from this CSP have been applied to my vehicle from the VIN? I ran a series of updates last month, so I'm wondering if these were already included in that work. I asked Rugedraw (who's been so incredibly helpful), but they no longer have access.

dovetaildan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Is your truck a 22? The dealer needs to run the 360 cam configuration in FDRS after the update.
Yeah its a 22. Went back to the dealership and requested just this ^^. As far as I know they ran it but it is still the small camera. Thus my question, has anyone with a small camera been able to have it fixed yet.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Yeah its a 22. Went back to the dealership and requested just this ^^. As far as I know they ran it but it is still the small camera. Thus my question, has anyone with a small camera been able to have it fixed yet.
Yes. But apparently techs are not getting the word. It's a tool in the APIM list that they want...not the 360 config in the IPMA tool list!
Ford F-150 Lightning CSP 24B56 - Inoperative Front Parking Sensor(s) - IPMA Software Update for Certain 2022-24 F-150 Lightning Trucks Lightning_360_cam_small_screen_fix

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I can't say for the dealer, but if you're willing to DIY, there's a fix via FDRS for the small camera in this post and the following response via Forscan. I ran into this issue after some FDRS updates last month and that solution worked...I did not test the Forscan update to fix this.

Separately - does anyone know if there's an easy way to verify if the updates from this CSP have been applied to my vehicle from the VIN? I ran a series of updates last month, so I'm wondering if these were already included in that work. I asked Rugedraw (who's been so incredibly helpful), but they no longer have access.
Two things. 1) If you don't have an available software update for the IPMA at this point (and you don't)...you're good.
And 2) You and I have the same IPMA revision (-ACJ) and I know this fixed my front sensor issue months ago...(really...a long time ago) as well as updated my IPMA to the "BC 1.3" level software.

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
Still haven’t seen a single post by someone who actually had the front sensor issue, got this fix, and it went away. I don’t think this fix actually resolves the false front sensor parking issue at all.

It didn’t for me and I have looked and haven’t seen anyone say it has for them.

Anyone?

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Still haven’t seen a single post by someone who actually had the front sensor issue, got this fix, and it went away. I don’t think this fix actually resolves the false front sensor parking issue at all.

It didn’t for me and I have looked and haven’t seen anyone say it has for them.

Anyone?
Yeah. Me.

Of course, you could actually have a bad sensor I suppose. Or wiring.

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
Yeah. Me.

Of course, you could actually have a bad sensor I suppose. Or wiring.
Finally, that’s one!

service center confirmed sensor is fine. It passes all tests. Wiring has also all been tested. In fact all sensors have been inspected. No issues with sensors.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Finally, that’s one!

service center confirmed sensor is fine. It passes all tests. Wiring has also all been tested. In fact all sensors have been inspected. No issues with sensors.
There is a diagnostic procedure in the workshop manual for checking the sensors using FDRS to see what the distance is that they 'think' they are from an object. You can ask your service advisor to check (413-13A Parking Aid, General Procedures). There are also specifications listed that detail how far away an object should be before the system alerts, etc.

Sponsored

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
There is a diagnostic procedure in the workshop manual for checking the sensors using FDRS to see what the distance is that they 'think' they are from an object. You can ask your service advisor to check (413-13A Parking Aid, General Procedures). There are also specifications listed that detail how far away an object should be before the system alerts, etc.
Thanks a bunch but they have done this as well. It didn’t have issues for the first few months at all until I got a software update in spring sometime and poof. Nonstop errors.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks a bunch but they have done this as well. It didn’t have issues for the first few months at all until I got a software update in spring sometime and poof. Nonstop errors.
Ah..well mine was a different case...I had the second from the left and sometimes the second from the right front sensors going off from the day I drove it off the lot. After the IPMA update I did back in April the problem disappeared. This CSP was released a long time after the actual software fix became available.

Mcfly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma trd off road
Occupation
Realtor
So I got notified of the impa update thru the mail and the Ford pass app. My truck is a 23 pro SR. I've done the adaptive cruise control mod that required Forscan changes to the truck along with adding 4 wires to the harness and installing the radar unit in the bumper. If I have this update done mobile or at the dealer will I have to re do my Forscan changes? Can I just choose to opt out of this update if the truck is functioning normally?

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So I got notified of the impa update thru the mail and the Ford pass app. My truck is a 23 pro SR. I've done the adaptive cruise control mod that required Forscan changes to the truck along with adding 4 wires to the harness and installing the radar unit in the bumper. If I have this update done mobile or at the dealer will I have to re do my Forscan changes? Can I just choose to opt out of this update if the truck is functioning normally?
It shouldn't affect any of the changes you've made. I will assume you've saved your asbuilt files for the modules you modified. If you find that the IPMA update made undesirable changes, you can always put them back. But the benefits of this particular IPMA update outweigh any inconvenience you may experience having to do that.

Mcfly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma trd off road
Occupation
Realtor
It shouldn't affect any of the changes you've made. I will assume you've saved your asbuilt files for the modules you modified. If you find that the IPMA update made undesirable changes, you can always put them back. But the benefits of this particular IPMA update outweigh any inconvenience you may experience having to do that.
Thanks, I'll save the as built for the modules just in case and get the update.
Sponsored