First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, chevy bolt, bmw 1200rt, 23 ford t-bucke
Occupation
software developer
I will post an update after next saturday’s appointment, the service advisor at Ford of Clermont here in FL was very confident they could do the diagnostics and apply the appropriate repairs called for. he wasn’t 100% on parts availability on that saturday however if it needed replacement battery modules themselves.
Sponsored

LightningDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat standard range
Occupation
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
I was on the phone yesterday with Ford BEV Engineering Support concerning getting CSP 23B57 installed on my 2023 Lightning and they told me that the ECG-24.2.4.10 update just distributed changes the packet size of the updates being sent to avoid errors on the previously used larger packet sizes over the cellular network used to communicate with the trucks.

They also told me they stopped distributing CSP 23B57 Over The Air because of its size causing these issues that ECG-24.2.4.10 is supposed to address. Where the trucks were left in a disabled performance state until you went to the dealer. You currently can ONLY get CSP 23B57 installed at a dealer after they run a diagnostic on your BMS and installed batteries. I am scheduled for Saturday Aug 24th to have this done.

Everyone should check on the FordPass APP to see if you are eligible for CSP 23B57.

1723928884745-uj.png
I saw this on my app ~ 6 weeks ago, contacted my dealer and had it replaced the following week. "It could be a three day job", proved correct - zero cost (on all service/recall so far). They even picked-up, dropping off a free rental (f250 power stroke diesel), and delivering to my work door: a great service for my '22 Lariat SR. That diesel stinks bigly... and wow is it loud.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I haven't gotten an update since June, last one was 24.2.4.9. I've had the "updates ready to install" icon pop up on the screen in my truck, but it never does anything afterwards

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
These are supposed to reduce the chance of a vehicle getting bricked during an OTA. Good stuff in this one.
If only they could start sending some meaningful updates. lol....Look here's and update to help future updates that you probably wont get and have hardly anything in them!

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
So.... not an up-date. But a fix-up. Ford engineers must be so jealous of Tesla engineers, not having to figure out how to keep dozens of chip-modules happy, just one unified architecture!

I'll be happy when my lef-side speakers don't randomly not go on. But resume the next time the truck is started.
try going to sound, switch from surround to stereo to surround.
This fixed it when mine play only through the voice prompt speaker.

EFG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, chevy bolt, bmw 1200rt, 23 ford t-bucke
Occupation
software developer
I took my 23 Lightning into Ford last weekend for the CSP 23B57 and they said OK but then called me an hour or so later and said Ford wouldn't let them apply the update. So all that BS for nothing. They couldn't find out why it was being held up but Ford said another few months before they release it again. The tech suspected something major was coming as far as battery testing which is the big part of this BSP.

fvineyard

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER, 2023 Hyundai IONIQ 5
Occupation
IT Manager
I got this update today. Hoping it precludes some other more interesting updates.

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
I got this update today. Hoping it precludes some other more interesting updates.
Same. Seems like it showed up during the day vs my scheduled 1am time.

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
Same. Seems like it showed up during the day vs my scheduled 1am time.
The smaller updates will often install when they are ready. The truck is not inhibited and can be driven during these installs..

The scheduled time you set is for the updates that require the truck to be un-drivable during the install process.

Sponsored

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
Just installed on my drive home.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Update is downloading now. Funny thing that's seemed to be happening the last couple of updates. I'll turn on the truck, and the Software Updates page will show that the previous update, labeled "COMPLETED" for weeks or months, is suddenly labeled "! NOT COMPLETED." For me, this has almost become a presage that an OTA update is about to happen. This time around, I turned the truck off and on again, and then, back in Software Updates, instead of telling me Priority Update: 23-PU0110-RAD-PS was Not Completed, I got ECG-24.2.4.10 downloading. WEIRD!
Sponsored