• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
Even if you get past 1.7.1 like I did, I think you'll still need to manually roll some updates to start getting OTA's again as we are too far behind.

As I only have a Nano I need to avoid CCM/IPMA. I think I can do IPC though??

At that point I'm hoping OTAs at least take back over for the ones that are not safe for the Nano.
I think it's a problem on the Ford OTA server side. I was failed at 1.7.1 on 2021-12-24 and updated manually to 2.3.0 equivalent. Have yet to receive an OTA since and OTA still shows me flagged as "1.7.1 failed" with no change since.

I highly suspect those with failed 1.7.1 are "blacklisted from future OTA push until Ford clears up their end.
Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
I think it's a problem on the Ford OTA server side. I was failed at 1.7.1 on 2021-12-24 and updated manually to 2.3.0 equivalent. Have yet to receive an OTA since and OTA still shows me flagged as "1.7.1 failed" with no change since.

I highly suspect those with failed 1.7.1 are "blacklisted from future OTA push until Ford clears up their end.
I think you are right. Two ota attempts failed Nov ā€˜21. Even with the Apim replaced months ago. No ota.
Ota dept said they are not finished rolling out fixes. Can only hope and wait.
Iā€™m not happy being in over a grand trying to fix a Ford problem.

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Even if you get past 1.7.1 like I did, I think you'll still need to manually roll some updates to start getting OTA's again as we are too far behind.

As I only have a Nano I need to avoid CCM/IPMA. I think I can do IPC though??

At that point I'm hoping OTAs at least take back over for the ones that are not safe for the Nano.
IPMA rolls just fine with Nano. It is the CCM that I would not do with Nano

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Could someone check my VIN to see how many updates I have listed? Debating to buy a mongoose. Want to make sure I have updates listed before I pull the trigger.

1FTFW1CD5MFB75327

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
IPMA rolls just fine with Nano. It is the CCM that I would not do with Nano
Ah that's right - people who messed with their settings, had a wrinkle correct? Plenty to do outside the CCM to keep me busy for a bit.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The OTAs download to the truck(Gateway Module) and execute in the truck.. If they fail they fail in he truck. I can see countless failed updates where the update was fully downloaded and just failed at execution. The gateway has to kick off the update to whatever module it is getting updated. If it doesnt then it wont happen. That is why the gateway updates are typically successful while others are not.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Could someone check my VIN to see how many updates I have listed? Debating to buy a mongoose. Want to make sure I have updates listed before I pull the trigger.

1FTFW1CD5MFB75327
You're what I call a scroll
You have so many updates that FDRS creates a scroll bar for them.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS JASONATL.PNG

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
90% of the trucks I view are Powerboost.
But Powerboost nowhere near makes up that percentage of new F150's.

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
You're what I call a scroll
You have so many updates that FDRS creates a scroll bar for them.

JASONATL.PNG
I would definately suggest a 30 day license. Hes going to need a lot of time and patience. It can be done. I would get a mongoose too

Sponsored

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
I just got my mongoose and setup FDRS. Is it okay to download all the module updates and THEN apply them one by one? I tried searching for an answer to this but with 132 pages, its not easy.

My monitor shows 12.2-12.3 volts and holding steady. I have a charger hooked up and set to 12v 10 amp and the charger shows that its giving power to the truck, not sure if its safe to proceed or not.
I tried the download but itā€™s like it just Qs them up and does no really download until you start the update. Unless I am wrong and would love to know how if possible .

Jaug

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I just got my mongoose and setup FDRS. Is it okay to download all the module updates and THEN apply them one by one? I tried searching for an answer to this but with 132 pages, its not easy.

My monitor shows 12.2-12.3 volts and holding steady. I have a charger hooked up and set to 12v 10 amp and the charger shows that its giving power to the truck, not sure if its safe to proceed or not.
I believe when you select download you are just getting an installer and the real download comes when you run it. So I would say no real benefit. Also, is the charger that you are using capable of Power Supply mode. If so I would use it. The best luck Ive had I kept my volts at least 12.8 up to 13.7 volts.

Jaug

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
No sure if anyone is still not receiving the Ford Pass notification activating your blue cruise like I was. I was looking at my module info and I had what looked like corrupted info at least mild corruption on the APIM and GWM. I am using a mongoose so it kind of surprised me. When I did my updates last night I didn't run the toolbox app for the mongoose thinking it was good to go.
Anyways, I decided to run the mongoose through the toolbox app to make sure and then hook up again to FDRS to scan. Toolbox ran fine and nothing needed fixing. Hooked up FDRS and ran a network scan. Everything was green and I went into the house to get my phone and download the module info again. Before I took a few steps inside I got a Ford Pass notification on my Apple Watch saying my blue cruise was activated. Downloaded the module info and this time it all looked good. If yours is not activating maybe try this just in case.
I also still have the extra characters in the IPMA. I thought I saw someone had cleared those with the recent update.

Last edited: