• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@Fordphanatic Check your usb drive if you leave it in the truck won’t communicate I did it by accident
Sponsored

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
Does the lack of the CCM update prevent the BC update from working?
In better terms, if you don't do your CCM which will also do the CRM, PSCM & IPMA sequentially you will not have BC availability.

sailorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4
Update day, I hope. Would someone kindly run my VIN to see if my truck updated the mothership yet.
1FTFW1E83MFA22686

Sponsored

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
In better terms, if you don't do your CCM which will also do the CRM, PSCM & IPMA sequentially you will not have BC availability.
Hey BOB can i do all my other updates and fight with TCU last ? Or does TCU have to be done first ?

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Typically if an update involves multiple modules and fdrs doesn’t run through them all sequentially it claims the update ended in an error state because the other updates didn’t run

Not sure if what I said made any sense
It was running through them all sequentially and was doing the IPMA when it abruptly stopped and threw and error code (I did revert all modules back to stock before starting any of this.) I restarted all the updates and now am stuck here with IPC and GWM both giving me this error.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
It was running through them all sequentially and was doing the IPMA when it abruptly stopped and threw and error code (I did revert all modules back to stock before starting any of this.) I restarted all the updates and now am stuck here with IPC and GWM both giving me this error.
Did you leave usb in the truck ? I did that and it closes the comma down .

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
@Fordphanatic Check your usb drive if you leave it in the truck won’t communicate I did it by accident
I know the update went through because it cleared from fdrs but I never saw anything about update succesfull and Im not getting any notification I have bluecruise. Other then the sync screen having a toggle to turn on hands free. But I do not believe its actually connected. Tried again and no Bluectruise

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I think we are all a bit stressed out. We are all trying to help everyone as best of our ability and we don’t mean any harm when we say things. We all
I know the update went through because it cleared from fdrs but I never saw anything about update succesfull and Im not getting any notification I have bluecruise. Other then the sync screen having a toggle to turn on hands free. But I do not believe its actually connected. Tried again and no Bluectruise
WHat I am meaning is if the USB drive is still oin the USB slot of the truck it wont communicate

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I must be missing some detail, instructions said FDRS would prompt you to use a USB when required? I have the usb and it was formatted correctly and in the computer, though it never asked for one.
Only cewrtain modules update through USB. If you are doing the big 4 module update they all are can bus. APIM, Gateway<IPC, TCU will go through USB Gateway and IPC and TCU have can bus as a back up

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I just ordered a nano (can't justify the money for a mongoose at this point) just to be clear, I should still be able to get the BC update with the nano, correct?
No you can NOT get BC witha nano. You need a mongoose

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I think we are all a bit stressed out. We are all trying to help everyone as best of our ability and we don’t mean any harm when we say things. We all

WHat I am meaning is if the USB drive is still oin the USB slot of the truck it wont communicate
The USB was not in the slot

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Only cewrtain modules update through USB. If you are doing the big 4 module update they all are can bus. APIM, Gateway<IPC, TCU will go through USB Gateway and IPC and TCU have can bus as a back up
I understand. FDRS never prompted me to insert a USB stick to download the update to, maybe something is failing there. Not sure what I’m doing wrong, followed the instructions carefully up to this point.
Sponsored