• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
That's my worry, look how easy they dismissed the Raptor's from getting it. I hope I'm wrong but I bet we'll be next.
My only hope is their is allot more job 1 vehicles than raptors. It is going to cost ford a shit ton of money on F-150s.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I'm not saying anyone else should have the same perception as me, but honestly Adaptive Cruise with Lane Keeping and accident avoidance is like Bluecruise Light. Or put another way, it's amazing driving assistance on long drives. I've never had any vehicle like it.
So while I wait....... I'm loving the truck.

As for updates, I think I had 14 total for my Job1 truck. This thread took care of that!

OTA and Bluecruise delays are not going to sour my enjoyment of an amazing truck.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
That's my worry, look how easy they dismissed the Raptor's from getting it. I hope I'm wrong but I bet we'll be next.
Im not even sure why they are ditching the raptors. Only thing I can think of is that Bluecruise is now bundled with active park assist which for some reason the raptor doesn’t have. I’m half tempted to add the sensors and see if I can get the park assist to work.

Last edited:

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Not to add unnecessary complexity to the FDRS updating process, but I noticed something odd this evening and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with it. After two rounds of updates, the only module for which FDRS continues to offer a software update is the GSM. I expected that. If you hover over the update, it refers to transferring data from the parking assist module (PAM) when replacing the GSM module and since I only have co-pilot assist, I have no PAM. So the update doesn’t apply to me.

What I found unusual is that the ACM, the IPC and the TRM are not listed among the modules that are updated to the latest software. But no software update is offered for them, either. I updated the IPC yesterday, so that should be current. I did notice that under the “programmable features” tab, all three modules have upgrade or configuration routines that I haven’t performed. Anyone experiment with them? I am most interested in the ACM Sound System Upgrade and the IPC Trailer Kit Configuration routines. Did executing these routines result in the modules reporting in as updated to the latest software?

For reference, the “programmable features” tab is where Blue Cruise showed up briefly yesterday. I never saw it—I don’t have BC—but the ACM, IPC and TRM routines I am curious about all appear in the same place in FDRS.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
@JEB I’m tempted to do the trailer update as I’ve had a quirk with my new travel trailer and lights. No real clue what it does though!

Sponsored
OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
There is a new version of FRDS 31.6.4 which upon initial testing fixes the corrupted module info
Can anyone with VCX Nano confirm this ? My truck is at the dealer, I can’t test this out myself

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can anyone with VCX Nano confirm this ? My truck is at the dealer, I can’t test this out myself
I can, sort of. With the exception of the APIM, which appears to spontaneously report corrupted software even when I’m not not performing network scans, I haven’t seen any other modules report corruptions. I am using the VCX Nano and the newest version of FDRS.

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
I can, sort of. With the exception of the APIM, which appears to spontaneously report corrupted software even when I’m not not performing network scans, I haven’t seen any other modules report corruptions. I am using the VCX Nano and the newest version of FDRS.
If you don’t mind, can you PM me your VIN, I would like to review your AsBuilt data, assuming you have performed Network Scan very recently

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Not to add unnecessary complexity to the FDRS updating process, but I noticed something odd this evening and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with it. After two rounds of updates, the only module for which FDRS continues to offer a software update is the GSM. I expected that. If you hover over the update, it refers to transferring data from the parking assist module (PAM) when replacing the GSM module and since I only have co-pilot assist, I have no PAM. So the update doesn’t apply to me.

What I found unusual is that the ACM, the IPC and the TRM are not listed among the modules that are updated to the latest software. But no software update is offered for them, either. I updated the IPC yesterday, so that should be current. I did notice that under the “programmable features” tab, all three modules have upgrade or configuration routines that I haven’t performed. Anyone experiment with them? I am most interested in the ACM Sound System Upgrade and the IPC Trailer Kit Configuration routines. Did executing these routines result in the modules reporting in as updated to the latest software?

For reference, the “programmable features” tab is where Blue Cruise showed up briefly yesterday. I never saw it—I don’t have BC—but the ACM, IPC and TRM routines I am curious about all appear in the same place in FDRS.
I saw them a few days ago when i had access. The ACM if i remember correctly was for the kicker upgrade. Ipc had a Tow Bar config and TRM i cant remember exactly.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I saw them a few days ago when i had access. The ACM if i remember correctly was for the kicker upgrade. Ipc had a Tow Bar config and TRM i cant remember exactly.
TRM was also for a tow bar. The descriptions are interesting. I wanted to see if anyone actually executed them and if it caused the modules to report in as updated to the latest software version.

Sponsored

Jaug

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I guess I won't be updating the IPC tonight. It keeps erroring out in the beginning when it starts to download update software. Tried multiple times still a no go. Guess I won't be fully updating tonight.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Not too bad. Do the Gateway (GWM) first and leave the IPC last.

Untitled2.png
Awesome, thanks! I've been having good luck with OTA updates recently so figured the list shouldn't be too long.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
OK! I am ready to jump on board this train. Got updates till Dec 13th but nothing since and update history says "campaign has expired". Have a APIM DTC for checksum error which I cannot clear with Forscan. Truck never seems to connect to WiFi unless running.
Looks like the vxdiag vcx nano linked on Amazon is sold out till April. Are their different versions I should be concerned about? I see one on eBay I can get in a few days here. Also looks like the VX Manager is now a subscription too? (only $6.99). Appreciate the help.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Has anyone had an issue with the VXDiag and CANFD? I can’t get it to populate the SODCMC and SODCMD in forscan but also found errors in a debug on FDRS pertaining to CANFD.

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
@tonesto7 and I worked on this most of the afternoon yesterday, I have updated to FDRS 31.6.4 and use a VCX Nano. As of this morning the following modules (there may be more) report corruption in my latest AsBuilt (xml showing as not properly formatted) and they are:
  • BCM - PartNumber
  • DDM - PartNumber
  • RTM - PartNumber
  • TCU - Calibration
  • SODR - PartNumber
I will run another scan this morning and see if it works itself out. @iceman77 I pm'ed you my VIN and uploaded the latest AsBuilt in case I scan prior to you coming online.

Thoughts:
  • If this doesn't clear up I'm thinking that FORScan may possibly help if a module change is done then 'write all', it's worth a shot.
  • How fast do the changes propagate to the AsBuilt data on the Ford Servers when I do the above?
Adding @Jesse-Infotainment for his thoughts...
Sponsored

Last edited: