Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
And then I saw this in PTS
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Lightning_SCCM_Thanksgiving_OASIS
:

So I think I'll wait a bit on updating the SCCM.....
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well despite what I said I was going to do I updated my SCCM anyway....and now this morning a new IPC has popped up in my list. I believe it's the update that adds the necessary graphics changes for BC 1.3 (lane change animations, etc.) similar to what the BC 1.2 equipped MMEs have now.
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Lightning_IPC_7-Dec-23

EDIT: Update went fine...it's kindof a two-step process of a USB update, and then after the restart an added CAN Buss block erase and replace for some other files as well. Nothing too dramatic.

Last edited:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Well despite what I said I was going to do I updated my SCCM anyway....and now this morning a new IPC has popped up in my list. I believe it's the update that adds the necessary graphics changes for BC 1.3 (lane change animations, etc.) similar to what the BC 1.2 equipped MMEs have now.
Lightning_IPC_7-Dec-23.png
So as the new IPC rolls out - I'm thinking all of those that missed the SOC% update would finally get that all wrapped up in the latest code for the IPC right?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So as the new IPC rolls out - I'm thinking all of those that missed the SOC% update would finally get that all wrapped up in the latest code for the IPC right?
That would make sense.

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yesterday after noon I ran a VIN for a member and it showed an IPMA and PSCM update that was waiting to be applied. I was thinking that their truck was built a little behind mine and wondered whether I was gonna have to take my laptop out to the truck to run the network scan there in order to see if my truck really had these pending as well. But when I checked this morning...there they were:
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Lightning_IPMA_PSCM_Jan24

I was particularly interested in getting that IPMA done in the hopes that the occasional front parking sensor "blockage" issue would get resolved (like it says in the attached TSB 23-2146).

That said...both of these would be updates that will improve cruise control functionality as well (on the steady march to BC 1.X). And since these have shown up in my FDRS list there's a good chance that they're waiting in my OTA queue (well maybe one of them today at least), so I'll do a start and turn off the shutdown timer and see if anything downloads while I'm having my coffee. If not, I'll update later with the laptop.

Edit: After starting up and hitting "Check Updates" a couple of times I started downloading an update that appears to be one of the unnamed diagnostic updates that the Mach-E folks have dubbed a "Voldemort" update. I say that because these are the same notes you would get with one of the MME Voldemort updates (there have been two of these I believe on the MME):
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Lightning_Voldemort

So...no mention of any notes that I would think would go with the IPMA and PSCM updates yet....but what has happened on MMEs that got a Voldemort update is they ended up getting other updates afterward (that were named) so that could be what will happen in this case as well.

Edit again:

So I got a subscription to PTS and sure enough it is a "Voldemort" GWM update similar to what the MMEs received last month:
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Lightning_Voldemort_GWM_4-Jan-24

I guess I'll tackle the IPMA and PSCM with FDRS later this afternoon after the gateway updates via OTA.

Attachments

Last edited:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I've noticed a few times now I'll get in the truck and the IP will be on the "My View" menu and my stereo source will change to music on my phone. This happened yesterday. I'm starting to think and correlate this to some SW downloads or something happening from Ford.

Anyone else see this behavior or signs of downloads, but not applied?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So I did the IPMA and PSCM updates today....

When I selected the IPMA I got the multiple modules will be programmed message.....well the only other module was the PSCM so....okay.

I initially had the PL2320 providing power but it didn't take long to realize that I was gonna have to get the PL6100 out cause I saw the voltage dropping to 11.0V after about 5 minutes. Good thing I did cause the whole IPMA update took 2Hrs and 45 minutes. And then the PSCM kicked off for another 5 minutes.

The only issue today was that the PSCM failed to clear off the list afterwards. I re-ran the PSCM update again...still there...tried clearing it by re-running the network scan...still there.

I know it updated correctly cause it said everything passed....it just won't drop off the list.
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS PSCM_in_the_list_still

Ah well it's not the first time this has happened and it probably won't be the last.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER

When I selected the IPMA I got the multiple modules will be programmed message.....well the only other module was the PSCM so....okay.

I initially had the PL2320 providing power but it didn't take long to realize that I was gonna have to get the PL6100 out cause I saw the voltage dropping to 11.0V after about 5 minutes. Good thing I did cause the whole IPMA update took 2Hrs and 45 minutes. And then the PSCM kicked off for another 5 minutes.

The only issue today was that the PSCM failed to clear off the list afterwards. I re-ran the PSCM update again...still there...tried clearing it by re-running the network scan...still there.

I know it updated correctly cause it said everything passed....it just won't drop off the list.
PSCM_in_the_list_still.png

Ah well it's not the first time this has happened and it probably won't be the last.
I did the same updates today and thought I might be getting a full BC update , but Voldemort it is ! It took forever and my battery maintainer (15amp diehard ) actually failed during it so it was another three hours to get it to complete . I had a weird trailer brake fault that I was finally able to clear out. I appreciate you posting this ! Btw my PCSM cleared. I actually did that update first.

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks like the IPMA and PSCM were intended to fix something rather than update to the new BC version:
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS SSM_52161

That's fine with me if it worked...I'm one of those people who've had the sensor closest to the radar unit show as "blocked" (randomly) since the day took this truck home. It doesn't happen all the time but there are days it does happen at every intersection or when parking.

Reactions: GDN

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Looks like the IPMA and PSCM were intended to fix something rather than update to the new BC version:

That's fine with me if it worked...I'm one of those people who've had the sensor closest to the radar unit show as "blocked" (randomly) since the day took this truck home. It doesn't happen all the time but there are days it does happen at every intersection or when parking.
Interesting. Maybe that is why they didn't include the configs for BC 1.4 even though everything for BC 1.4 is in the IPMA update.

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
SSM_52161.png

That’s very interesting- where did you find this?
I just got my truck back from the shop today for this very reason- they couldn’t reproduce the issue (understandable it’s pretty random). Naturally- it did it three times on the drive home and we’re back to square one.
I’ve been in contact with Ford Customer relations. Is it appropriate to copy-n-paste this to them in the hopes of getting this problem fixed?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That’s very interesting- where did you find this?
I just got my truck back from the shop today for this very reason- they couldn’t reproduce the issue (understandable it’s pretty random). Naturally- it did it three times on the drive home and we’re back to square one.
I’ve been in contact with Ford Customer relations. Is it appropriate to copy-n-paste this to them in the hopes of getting this problem fixed?
Go for it. That came from the PTS home page OASIS messages this morning. Every service advisor and tech had that on their desktop this morning.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center

My update of IPMA has been running for over 5 hours. About 3 hours ago I got 'Operation in Progress' and have had the lights dancing and a lot of clicking.
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: GDN