• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I recently got this charger from Amazon when Rugedraw counseled me against trying to do it with a Clore 20A. I just finished my updates including IPMA and it worked like a champ. Towards the very end of a 5 hour updating marathon it briefly got to 11.6V but otherwise was above 12 most of the time. Way more money than I’d hoped to spend but a bricked truck would have been more expensive.

https://a.co/d/01CuJQJ

I do have a corollary question: I finished all the updates and FDRS SW update tab is blank but there are some features that I still don’t have like having it stick in sport mode. Will additional updates populate at some point (probably immediately after my 2 day license expires)?
This is no longer a feature. It was briefly an APIM update but since then another APIM update released reversing this feature, mainly because allowing the truck to stay in Off Road mode is a federal regulation violation and resulted in a NHTSA recall.

They could’ve restricted that behavior to just Sport vs Normal mode but instead they reverted the whole thing.
Sponsored

Magendi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
This is no longer a feature. It was briefly an APIM update but since then another APIM update released reversing this feature, mainly because allowing the truck to stay in Off Road mode is a federal regulation violation and resulted in a NHTSA recall.

They could’ve restricted that behavior to just Sport vs Normal mode but instead they reverted the whole thing.
Damn! That’s the major reason I ponied up for a mongoose and power supply!!! I hope someone figures out how to make sport mode persistent. Also hoping it wasn’t all for naught and that maybe I will get some OTA updates now that I have done the heavy lifting updates by wire.

Thanks for the quick response.

dugiepts66

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER- Azure
Occupation
Tech
Alright, 100amp charge arrives tonight. Is there a way to redo/reinstall the Ipma and/or make sure it took?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Alright, 100amp charge arrives tonight. Is there a way to redo/reinstall the Ipma and/or make sure it took?
Based on your previous post, disconnecting FDRS when the IPMA update hangs at that part of the process is the right thing to do. Sometimes it causes problems, and sometimes it doesn't and it seems like you got lucky and nothing happened. I would need access to FDRS which I don't have until later to confirm if it went through or not, but it sounds like it did. Restart the laptop and rerun a network scan. If the IPMA update is no longer showing, it should be in there. Make sure you clear all codes with FDRS if you haven't already.

ditkafan1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Engineer
Just finished installed software updates. Avoided the PCM but accidentally selected ABS and it ended up updating the PCM as part of the dependent updates. Seemed to install ok. Unfortunately, FDRS crashed when verifying GWM software update. When I restarted FDRS the software update had disappeared from the SW Update tab. It keep throwing this error after every subsequent software module I updated. When I would clear and retest it would pass and be green. is this something I need to worry about? Should I try to reinstall the GWM software. I went looking for it but wasn't sure how to do that. How should I proceed?

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Screenshot 2024-04-22 144650

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Just finished installed software updates. Avoided the PCM but accidentally selected ABS and it ended up updating the PCM as part of the dependent updates. Seemed to install ok. Unfortunately, FDRS crashed when verifying GWM software update. When I restarted FDRS the software update had disappeared from the SW Update tab. It keep throwing this error after every subsequent software module I updated. When I would clear and retest it would pass and be green. is this something I need to worry about? Should I try to reinstall the GWM software. I went looking for it but wasn't sure how to do that. How should I proceed?

Screenshot 2024-04-22 144650.png
Same thing happened to @dugiepts66 a few days ago. There's an SSM about it. Nothing you can do about that for now.'

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS SSM 52008

dugiepts66

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER- Azure
Occupation
Tech
Same thing happened to @dugiepts66 a few days ago. There's an SSM about it. Nothing you can do about that for now.'

SSM 52008.png
While I'm not excited per se to have someone hanging with me in this limbo stage, I welcome you ditkafan1985. We shall endure this together.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
While I'm not excited per se to have someone hanging with me in this limbo stage, I welcome you ditkafan1985. We shall endure this together.
If Ford released an SSM about, believe me, it's a bigger party than just the two of you.

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
I'm told this morning that it is okay to resume updating powertrain modules again.

That means if you select any of the PCM, ABS, BECM, GFM2, SOBDM, SOBDMB, SOBDMC then it will start the scripted (coordinated) update of all the powertrain modules (meaning you can't just cherry-pick one out of the list without doing all of it's friends).

Normally to clear the SOBDMC DTC that you quite often get after doing updates, (not just powertrain but other stuff as well like BCM and RFA and stuff you'd think is totally unrelated) you head back to the "View CMDTCs" button and then run a clear and retest to get rid of it. Sometimes that doesn't work and it might stick. As long as you aren't left with a SVS or SSN that sticks around after a few key cycles you would be okay.

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning | Lariat SR
I'm told this morning that it is okay to resume updating powertrain modules again.

That means if you select any of the PCM, ABS, BECM, GFM2, SOBDM, SOBDMB, SOBDMC then it will start the scripted (coordinated) update of all the powertrain modules (meaning you can't just cherry-pick one out of the list without doing all of it's friends).

Normally to clear the SOBDMC DTC that you quite often get after doing updates, (not just powertrain but other stuff as well like BCM and RFA and stuff you'd think is totally unrelated) you head back to the "View CMDTCs" button and then run a clear and retest to get rid of it. Sometimes that doesn't work and it might stick. As long as you aren't left with a SVS or SSN that sticks around after a few key cycles you would be okay.
I saw a post in the other main update thread about holding off on any powertrain updates. Is that the case as of 5/1?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
I saw a post in the other main update thread about holding off on any powertrain updates. Is that the case as of 5/1?
That is the case as of right now...6 May 24.

This appeared in PTS/OASIS this morning:
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS FSA_23B57_pause_6-May-24

Which essentially means...don't update your powertrain modules until we put out an updated set.

On another note......those IOTA Engineering, 120Vdc to 12Vdc, 90A Converter/Charger are selling on Ebay for $179. And the seller is saying something about this price ending on the 30th of April...but at the same time the seller says they have 5 left at this price at the time of this writing.

Here's the current link if you're interested.

It's a hellofalotcheaper than what Grainger wants for the Schumacher INC 100 :oops:

ditkafan1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Engineer
That is the case as of right now...6 May 24.

This appeared in PTS/OASIS this morning:
FSA_23B57_pause_6-May-24.png

Which essentially means...don't update your powertrain modules until we put out an updated set.

On another note......those IOTA Engineering, 120Vdc to 12Vdc, 90A Converter/Charger are selling on Ebay for $179. And the seller is saying something about this price ending on the 30th of April...but at the same time the seller says they have 5 left at this price at the time of this writing.

Here's the current link if you're interested.

It's a hellofalotcheaper than what Grainger wants for the Schumacher INC 100 :oops:
I couldn't recommend the Schumacher INC 100 any more... but why its 1000+ on ebay when you can get it shipped off amazon for 600 is beyond me ...