• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
I noticed there are a ton of ER XLT's on dealer order and most of them are over 70k. I wonder why many people would bother with them with the FLash coming out.
Sponsored

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
most were ordered before the flash was announced, and the first deliveries of the flash will not occur till late jan early feb.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, and they are dealer stock. So I would think Ford is setting itself up for a glut of these ER XLT's to sit on the lot while people order on the spot rebate eligible flash which dont seem to be missing parts as of moment. I guess where I am leading is... are they pretty much going to have to extend the 7500 discount to these XLT ER's with the flash so soon on the way. None knows for certain other than the people in Ford marketing, but it makes sense to me.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I noticed there are a ton of ER XLT's on dealer order and most of them are over 70k. I wonder why many people would bother with them with the FLash coming out.
I don't want the big screen. I have it in my MME, and I hate it. I want the small screen and buttons and knobs to control things so that I don't have to tap through menus to get there. I also live where it's warm so I'm not really concerned about the heat pump, which IMO is the only actual improvement the Flash brings.

Now, when it's time to pick it up, I will be having a tough conversation with my dealer when Lariats are cheaper than XLTs. Hopefully we'll find a happy place on that price.

Stalemate

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Mustang, 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Utility Electrician
My Lariat just shipped so I've been emailing back and forth with my sales guy today. He says that my truck does qualify for this offer. Considering I placed the order back before the July price reduction, I feel like I'm getting quite a deal. Then I remember that I'm about to drop over 80 grand, haha.

Sponsored

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 F-450 Platinum & '23 Ford Lightning Lariat & 2 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Can anyone confirm that this $7500 discount is applicable to my Lariat that was shipped this week? I ask, because one place I read ot stated "dealer inventory". I'm trying to temper my excitement.
I predict you will be VERY pleased when you sit down when you sign the paperwork.

In the past all incentives that recently only came in effect at time of delivery were able to be applied to Ordered Ford trucks I’ve bought. It’s Ford money so it doesn’t cost the dealer anything.

FastMover

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum 14 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I was felling quite sick when I started to read this post. But after reading it all, not to bad. My Platinum came in in Feb. Had $2k in options, and a $3000‐$3500 Dealer markup. Burned my a$$!!
Still walked out with $14k off at $88k

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
Answer this for me: this promo runs into next year, what/how do next year's tax incentives play into this? I don't know what the incentives are for 2024, but will there be a glut of people going in to purchase on 1/1, and 1/2?

Currently my truck is about $1800 over msrp to qualify, and WE don't qualify for the tax rebate. I don't suppose anything changes in my case, if i were to hold the sale until 1/1 but just curious for others if buying the first 2 days of 2024 will get them an extra incentive etc?

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Answer this for me: this promo runs into next year, what/how do next year's tax incentives play into this? I don't know what the incentives are for 2024, but will there be a glut of people going in to purchase on 1/1, and 1/2?

Currently my truck is about $1800 over msrp to qualify, and WE don't qualify for the tax rebate. I don't suppose anything changes in my case, if i were to hold the sale until 1/1 but just curious for others if buying the first 2 days of 2024 will get them an extra incentive etc?

Well, I doubt there will be many 24 trucks on the lot on Jan 1. People are ordering 24's right now which likely wont even be scheduled for a month and then likely land at dealers some time in Jan if lucky. On Jan 1, I suspect all you will find on dealers lots ready to purchase will be some picked over 23 left-overs.

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
Well, I doubt there will be many 24 trucks on the lot on Jan 1. People are ordering 24's right now which likely wont even be scheduled for a month and then likely land at dealers some time in Jan if lucky. On Jan 1, I suspect all you will find on dealers lots ready to purchase will be some picked over 23 left-overs.
The tax rebates don't limit to model year '24's do they? You can get a 23 hypothetically, so long as it's new..
It's just the 2024 new tax law.

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The tax rebates don't limit to model year '24's do they? You can get a 23 hypothetically, so long as it's new..
It's just the 2024 new tax law.
They are not limited to 24 by any means. To another part of your original question I think the rebates risk being affected by some of the mineral/origin rules, but I believe ford video guys indicated the batteries are still likely due for full credit next year.
It should be updated soon on : https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/tax2023.shtml though it has not been updated to reflect 24 models yet.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Yes, and they are dealer stock. So I would think Ford is setting itself up for a glut of these ER XLT's to sit on the lot while people order on the spot rebate eligible flash which dont seem to be missing parts as of moment. I guess where I am leading is... are they pretty much going to have to extend the 7500 discount to these XLT ER's with the flash so soon on the way. None knows for certain other than the people in Ford marketing, but it makes sense to me.
All 2023 Lightning orders for dealer stock that are not marked as sold to a customer were cancelled by Ford. Reason given was to prepare for 2024 model year. There was a thread on this.

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
This incentive made it possible for me to add a second Lightning to the family, this time Lariat 511a with Max Tow. I was specifically waiting to see the details on the flash, but between the separate subscription for BC, and the features that were going away, a 23 Lariat was better suited for me. So timing on all this was perfect. And since I had just recently received PCO in email, that was worth an extra $750. I selected one off the dealer lot that was almost exactly what I was looking for. It had been ordered from the factory with a soft tonneau, pork chop box, and bed mat. I will be trying to sell those separately, as I plan to duplicate my own truck, with LineX and Diamondback Tonneau.

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Cash Rebate Incentives Offered on New Sales/Leases Until January 2024 20231007_180019

trailcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning - Lariat ER
This incentive made it possible for me to add a second Lightning to the family, this time Lariat 511a with Max Tow. I was specifically waiting to see the details on the flash, but between the separate subscription for BC, and the features that were going away, a 23 Lariat was better suited for me. So timing on all this was perfect. And since I had just recently received PCO in email, that was worth an extra $750. I selected one off the dealer lot that was almost exactly what I was looking for. It had been ordered from the factory with a soft tonneau, pork chop box, and bed mat. I will be trying to sell those separately, as I plan to duplicate my own truck, with LineX and Diamondback Tonneau.

20231007_180019.jpg
This is the same color/trim I'm getting! Can't wait for delivery!

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All 2023 Lightning orders for dealer stock that are not marked as sold to a customer were cancelled by Ford. Reason given was to prepare for 2024 model year. There was a thread on this.
My dealer said the dealer stock orders that were scheduled already were not canceled and they are still expecting them to arrive. He showed me some of their stickers with build dates this week. Unscheduled orders were canceled.
Sponsored