• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning FORscan thread

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
This is likely some information that could be of use over on the ICE forum. I believe they are having troubles with the '24 ICE getting Glare Free enabled and even for Canada trucks they are not coming enabled from the factory. This could also indicate a change for the ICE truck hardware.
The 2024's F150 is different in architecture. They seem to be more similar to a 2024 Mustang from what I have been seeing. For sure the IPC changed; BCM changed, too, as those are capable of having walk-away locking enabled. I'm sure the real experts know what all the differences are at this point, but a there are a few changes in hardware.

If I understand correctly, the IPC no longer has a brain, so to speak. It is controlled by the APIM. The new Mustangs got an APIM OTA that gave them new gauges they can put on the IPC. In the past, only IPC updates did that.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
The 2024's F150 is different in architecture. They seem to be more similar to a 2024 Mustang from what I have been seeing. For sure the IPC changed; BCM changed, too, as those are capable of having walk-away locking enabled. I'm sure the real experts know what all the differences are at this point, but a there are a few changes in hardware.

If I understand correctly, the IPC no longer has a brain, so to speak. It is controlled by the APIM. The new Mustangs got an APIM OTA that gave them new gauges they can put on the IPC. In the past, only IPC updates did that.
I hadn't followed all of those changes. Guaranteed signs that the Lightning has been left behind and should die in its current incarnation. At least they will all year models should be very similar. That isn't a bad thing. Will be interesting to see when the T3 comes along.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I hadn't followed all of those changes. Guaranteed signs that the Lightning has been left behind and should die in its current incarnation. At least they will all year models should be very similar. That isn't a bad thing. Will be interesting to see when the T3 comes along.
The F150 and Lightnings are very similar. I doubt they implemented those changes on the F150 and not on its EV brethren.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

Abominable

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford Lightning Flash
Occupation
Auto
Just referencing https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/f150-lightning-forscan-thread.11406/post-402346. Where he activated Glare Free on a 2024 Flash with Forscan.
Yep, and just to be clear, the glare free has been the only thing i have had a hard time getting to work. all other changes I've made have been seamless. I only needed a test build to make the change to the IPMA because it kept failing at 8%. Once i received the test build, I just used the Forscan codes to make the changes as normal. One other quick note, I attempted to do the rain sensor upgrade on my flash and it turns out that i have no 12V at the plug for the sensor, despite actually having the plug there. It must just be a dummy plug.

Sponsored

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Yep, and just to be clear, the glare free has been the only thing i have had a hard time getting to work. all other changes I've made have been seamless. I only needed a test build to make the change to the IPMA because it kept failing at 8%. Once i received the test build, I just used the Forscan codes to make the changes as normal. One other quick note, I attempted to do the rain sensor upgrade on my flash and it turns out that i have no 12V at the plug for the sensor, despite actually having the plug there. It must just be a dummy plug.
Several of us have had the rain sensing issue. This thread has some more info. I haven’t tried to buy the wiring harness yet but that looks like the solution.
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/rain-sensing-wiper-add.20168/#post-401490

Abominable

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto
Several of us have had the rain sensing issue. This thread has some more info. I haven’t tried to buy the wiring harness yet but that looks like the solution.
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/rain-sensing-wiper-add.20168/#post-401490
I've looked into it myself and while i don't mind putting the harness in, i really don't need everything else that comes with the kit. i already have the sensor and i don't need the stalk. just the harness.

EDIT; That's actually my thread :ROFLMAO:

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I've looked into it myself and while i don't mind putting the harness in, i really don't need everything else that comes with the kit. i already have the sensor and i don't need the stalk. just the harness.
Since this reminded me I just sent a message to see if Infotainment is willing to sell just the harness. I’ll let you know what I hear.

Abominable

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto
Since this reminded me I just sent a message to see if Infotainment is willing to sell just the harness. I’ll let you know what I hear.
Thank you! I also tried to send a message about it, but never received a response. Definitely let me know what they tell you.

turbobeast

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
IT
Got the ZONE LIGHTING Feature added to my PRO thanks to @Livnitup and the Install help of @GDN !

***Just to be clear, this is a LIGHTNING only Forscan change. Cant be used on the ICE truck if there are any lurkers ***

Here are the codes to make the change and we also reset the modules after we made the changes.

GWM
716-02-01 xBxx xxxx xx--
716-06-09 7C7D 7D7C 7C--
716-14-01 x1--
716-24-02 xx5x xxxx xx--
716-27-02 xx7x xxxx xx--
APIM
7D0-01-03 xxxD xxxx xx--
7D0-01-04 xxxx xxxx xA--
BCM
726-84-02 0101 xxxx xx--

We were hoping that APP would show the ZONE LIGHTING feature after this, but it has not shown up yet. Hopefully it will show up in a few days after the mothership sees it 🤷‍♂️.

Zone 1.jpg
Zone 2.jpg
Zone 3.jpg

The great thing is the Zone Lighting also activates trailer lights, so I added some rear spots from @4x4TruckLEDs.com

Yes they are bright but I don't really drive at night. However they should come in handy this summer in the mountains of Colorado maybe.
IMG_7423.jpg

Yes, it is a PRO. I got added the running boards from another Forum members Lariat and those lights were plug and play with the truck when they were installed.
I have a '22 Pro without Tow Tech Package or zone lighting. It appears I need to have Zone Lighting to enable my installs of the Running board Puddle lights using the pigtail to the plugs under the truck, and the stock bed lights and switch. I have Forscan and I am successfully connected to the truck I am just not familiar with where to put these values mentioned. @Livnitup and @GDN @livinitup Is there a tutorial or direction I am missing? Thanks for any guidance.

Sponsored

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I have a '22 Pro without Tow Tech Package or zone lighting. It appears I need to have Zone Lighting to enable my installs of the Running board Puddle lights using the pigtail to the plugs under the truck, and the stock bed lights and switch. I have Forscan and I am successfully connected to the truck I am just not familiar with where to put these values mentioned. @Livnitup and @GDN @livinitup Is there a tutorial or direction I am missing? Thanks for any guidance.
Take a look at my FORScan tutorial here and the codes should make more sense.

turbobeast

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
IT
Perfect! Thank you for the link to the explanation. I made all the changes described in that explanation. I now have the zone lighting option in Features. However the added bed lights and switches are still not working and it will not let me select the side puddle lights. Any other suggestions from the hive? Thanks again.

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Paramedic
Perfect! Thank you for the link to the explanation. I made all the changes described in that explanation. I now have the zone lighting option in Features. However the added bed lights and switches are still not working and it will not let me select the side puddle lights. Any other suggestions from the hive? Thanks again.
Did you make the changes in all of the modules? The option in features will show up if you make the APIM changes even if no other changes were made, but nothing will work unless the change is were made in the other modules as well.

turbobeast

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
IT
Did you make the changes in all of the modules? The option in features will show up if you make the APIM changes even if no other changes were made, but nothing will work unless the change is were made in the other modules as well.
Still no luck. This morning I rechecked the physical install and verified that all values that are listed and reset the DTC's. The post mentions that " we also reset the modules after we made the changes. " What function are they referring to? I also restarted the truck a few times and drove it around for good measure. Thank again

BhamDCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro ER
I’m confused by the references to Zone Lighting here. I have a Pro ER and I’ve always had the Zone Lighting feature on my display screen. Now, I don’t have max tow or trailer tech and the “zones” are simply the front and rear lights (no side zones or puddle lights), but the feature has always been there.

Are there some Pro owners out there where the Zone Lighting feature did not come enabled on the truck?
Sponsored