• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Fist Fight at charging station

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
My lady was on an 8hr trip with her friend in her Mach-E and was charging at an Electrify America station and heading to a store in the lot to grab some takeout for the road while charging. As they were walking away from the car someone pulled up and asked her to move to a different charging station so they could use the fast charger to which they said no (already plugged in and charging)and the other person was upset about this. When they returned her charging port cover had been ripped off. Electrify America had no camera to capture them doing it, Walmart would not provide parking lot footage, police never followed up or even responded to her report. Long story short, some people suck.
We all need sentry.
Sponsored

Lavaorange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata, Lightning Lariat
Sharing is Caring;)

Fast forward 18 months to widespread NACS adoption... How will some Tesla owners feel/react when their Superchargers are suddenly full of non-Tesla cars forcing same Tesla owners to wait or not find charging available at all.

The Superchargers across from my work are quite full almost all the time and there's 20 of them (for Tesla cars only in Canada so far). Teslas circle and wait for their turn plugging up the mall parking lot. Read the reviews...

https://goo.gl/maps/AkADRD1gij2LvzLr7

Will no doubt get ugly.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
It won’t be me tying up a tesla sc. At almost 3x the rate per kWh as home and 50% more than EA, I’ll plan a better route. In fact, it will be cheaper ro take one of our ICE vehicles if only tesla is available on planned route.

duncanmclain

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat ER
Occupation
Supreme Galactic Commander
Sharing is Caring;)

Fast forward 18 months to widespread NACS adoption... How will some Tesla owners feel/react when their Superchargers are suddenly full of non-Tesla cars forcing same Tesla owners to wait or not find charging available at all.

The Superchargers across from my work are quite full almost all the time and there's 20 of them (for Tesla cars only in Canada so far). Teslas circle and wait for their turn plugging up the mall parking lot. Read the reviews...

https://goo.gl/maps/AkADRD1gij2LvzLr7

Will no doubt get ugly.

There is a super charger station/network in the parking lot behind where I work. The Tesla chargers are in the back corner of the parking lot and 50% of them are in use at given time. I have parked there for years when I had ICE F-150, and continued to do so once I purchased my lighting. Initially a few people came over and looked at it, asked a few questions and were pleasant. Fast Forward to the recent Ford/Tesla announcement, and I now I get told I cant park there, I wont be able to use "these" chargers, I'm too big and will take up too many spots.

While the majority of people are perfectly fine, there are a few zealots who are not happy.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
My lady was on an 8hr trip with her friend in her Mach-E and was charging at an Electrify America station and heading to a store in the lot to grab some takeout for the road while charging. As they were walking away from the car someone pulled up and asked her to move to a different charging station so they could use the fast charger to which they said no (already plugged in and charging)and the other person was upset about this. When they returned her charging port cover had been ripped off. Electrify America had no camera to capture them doing it, Walmart would not provide parking lot footage, police never followed up or even responded to her report. Long story short, some people suck.
Let's put this in perspective. What if the person said "can you move from that 350kW charger, which you can't take advantage of, to that 150kW charger because my car can take the higher speed, and yours can't?" And your wife told you "they wanted me to move to a slower charger"...

We have DC fast charged over 30 times in 2 years. When my wife and I travel, the vehicle is never left unattended. If I'm by myself (rarely), I'm in and out of the bathroom quickly.

Sponsored

Rthol21

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Director of Recruitment
If she was using a 350k charger (wasn’t) then it would still be on the other person to convey that. The few times I have needed to use a charging station for my truck I always leave it to go into a store or restaurant. Not wasting my time sitting in the truck while it charges, and this is what you see most people do at charging stations where we are at least.You’re missing the point of this thread and me sharing my story…

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
If she was using a 350k charger (wasn’t) then it would still be on the other person to convey that. The few times I have needed to use a charging station for my truck I always leave it to go into a store or restaurant. Not wasting my time sitting in the truck while it charges, and this is what you see most people do at charging stations where we are at least.You’re missing the point of this thread and me sharing my story…
Right. That's why I said "what if the person said". But if your wife wasn't at a 350kW charger, there should have been no issue for anyone else.
Sponsored