• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Announces 2 New EV Pickup Trucks Coming in 2027, Including Project "T3"

On the Road with Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
Real estate/biz consultant
As I think about this more, they didn't mention anything about the Mach-e. I wonder if they will just keep it going with minor improvements/facelifts or if they plan to kill it off and just make EV trucks/ commercial vans.
In 2023, Ford sold as many Mach-e as they did all versions of the gas powered Mustang put together. It seems to me unlikely that they will abandon a successful vehicle. What I wish Ford would do is create a new car platform on which they could build both an electric Mustang and a Thunderbird EV.
Sponsored

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
ID Buzz is due in the USA later this year.
Looks like too small a battery for US long distance travel, basicallly the same as my SR Pro. It will need dramatically better aero than what it appears to have; if it will have a real "no stress" range of 200+ miles or so.

The Mach-e will suffer from the Chinese arrival I think...? There are several cross-over SUV's that are already on the market there that look attractive....

CypherBlue

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
This is what hurt lightning in the first place.
Nature of the beast, technology has been rapidly evolving since the dawn of man. The second the first truck was built at the assembly plant it was out of date. I’m excited for the new stuff coming.

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lartiat ER, Model 3 LR, Crosstrek… hehe
Occupation
Developer
Nature of the beast, technology has been rapidly evolving since the dawn of man. The second the first truck was built at the assembly plant it was out of date. I’m excited for the new stuff coming.
Of course it is the nature of the beast. But it does hurt sales. There’s a reason so many companies try to maintain secrecy on timeline and feature set of new products. The less you put out there, the less there is hard evidence for people to put off current purchases.

rg7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Looks like too small a battery for US long distance travel, basicallly the same as my SR Pro. It will need dramatically better aero than what it appears to have; if it will have a real "no stress" range of 200+ miles or so.

The Mach-e will suffer from the Chinese arrival I think...? There are several cross-over SUV's that are already on the market there that look attractive....
A 300 mile range is fine for me. I like to stop every 2 to 3 hours anyways. But being able to use Tesla superchargers is a must, as I have very little hope for another company actually building out good charging infrastructure anytime soon.

Sponsored

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
A 300 mile range is fine for me. I like to stop every 2 to 3 hours anyways. But being able to use Tesla superchargers is a must, as I have very little hope for another company actually building out good charging infrastructure anytime soon.
Yes, I think Ford missed a big opportunity when musk fired the supercharger team! Instead of focusing on the software as a service model, they could have created a nice revenue stream IMHO. Granted there is a large upfront cost, but that’s the price to get into the EV segment. I mean they’re already spending billions!!! That’s with a B.
😂🤣😂

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 F100, 2024 Flash
Hopefully T3 means a 70s styled full size F150 and a 80s style (and size) Ranger ;)
Both give you 400 miles
Ranger can be had with a single cab + 8ft bed or an extended cab + 6.5ft bed
F150 can be had at extended cab or quad cab
All sell like hotcakes

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
The biggest mistake Ford made with EVs is releasing ANY news about T3. They did the thing everyone knows not to do, do NOT talk about replacement products as they will scare off short-medium term buyers from purchasing in the meantime. Tesla proved people like longevity in their cars, one of the reasons people like updates, so they don’t have to buy new to get new features and excitment. And Ford killed the excitement for what Lightning could become by getting everyone focused on what T3 would become. STUPID MOVE. Jim is a smart guy, but should have never let that happen.
When they truly thought they had more orders than they could produce it was a safe thing for him to say. When the floor fell out and reservations didnt convert what you said was completely right. It made the lightning a much less exciting option which may end up overpriced with technology destined to be obsolete much sooner than later.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I'll be looking at the '27 midsized option to replace the Lightning, though I hope we avoid the drama of order waves and reservation priorities.

Longer range, smaller form, and decent interior would be nice. I loved my 2019 Ranger.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I'll be looking at the '27 midsized option to replace the Lightning, though I hope we avoid the drama of order waves and reservation priorities.

Longer range, smaller form, and decent interior would be nice. I loved my 2019 Ranger.
I'd say I learned my lesson on the reservation/ordering thing, as I got burned price wise on my XLT....but then I went and put $100 down on a Rivian R2 res lol.

Wondering if there will be any mid cycle refresh/updates for the '25 Lightning

First Name
Jansen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Snow Removal, Landscaping
I know a few days/weeks ago, there was an announcement that Samsung's solid state batteries are coming out to premium vehicles in 2027.

My own personal headcanon is that Ford is partnering up to use solid states for T3, which is what the delay was for.
Sponsored