• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Charge Station Pro (FCSP) FordPass Access Control Lock/Unlock Update Needed

ThunderSnoww

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER Antimatter Blue
How is it that Ford's $1,300 80A Level 2 Home Charger (Ford Charge Station Pro) still cannot be locked remotely or through FordPass? I shouldn't have to worry about a random EV parking in my shared driveway (which actually shows up on Apple Maps and Google Maps as a street) and having unlimited access to my charger/electricity. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to install my FCSP in my garage given the truck's dimensions (1940s house). I know I can always flip the breaker to turn off the FCSP, but that's a hassle and runs the risk of Wi-Fi/connection issues after powering back on. If the Ford Connected Charge Station can be Locked/Unlocked via FordPass, why has Ford not given us the equivalent capability for the FCSP?

I know there was another thread discussing this issue, but I want to bring it to the forefront again since that thread's OP wrote back in 2022, and we now have FordPass 5.xxx. Is anyone else still frustrated by this? I expect most people to park their Lightnings in a garage, so it's probably less of a concern, but I can't be the only one who would greatly benefit from this feature.

For the record, I have yet to see any usage via FCSP Insights that suggested any charging sessions beyond my own, but I don't trust that it will always be the case.
Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
For the record, I have yet to see any usage via FCSP Insights that suggested any charging sessions beyond my own, but I don't trust that it will always be the case.
[/QUOTE]
If you don't trust them then kill the breaker when you not plugged in. problem solved

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Many smart EVSEs have no ability to lock out use.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
There should be Remote Controlled Circuit Breakers available from electrical supply houses near you. I donā€™t believe a unit rated 240 v 100 amp will be cheap.
But will be available sooner than waiting for Siemens to reprogram FCSP.

Sponsored

BarryGoyette

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Photographer
Iā€™ve recently used two evse that have been installed inside lock boxes. One at an Airbnb and another at a a clientā€™s business while I was working there. If youā€™re paranoid about someone stealing electrons then you should be at least as concerned about copper thieves, and how easily your 1300 charger can be removed wholesale from its mount.

Truaz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT-ER
Occupation
IT Engineer
How is it that Ford's $1,300 80A Level 2 Home Charger (Ford Charge Station Pro) still cannot be locked remotely or through FordPass? I shouldn't have to worry about a random EV parking in my shared driveway (which actually shows up on Apple Maps and Google Maps as a street) and having unlimited access to my charger/electricity. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to install my FCSP in my garage given the truck's dimensions (1940s house). I know I can always flip the breaker to turn off the FCSP, but that's a hassle and runs the risk of Wi-Fi/connection issues after powering back on. If the Ford Connected Charge Station can be Locked/Unlocked via FordPass, why has Ford not given us the equivalent capability for the FCSP?

I know there was another thread discussing this issue, but I want to bring it to the forefront again since that thread's OP wrote back in 2022, and we now have FordPass 5.xxx. Is anyone else still frustrated by this? I expect most people to park their Lightnings in a garage, so it's probably less of a concern, but I can't be the only one who would greatly benefit from this feature.

Yup this is the most frustrating $1,300 charger out there. Canā€™t lock it out remotely or set a schedule. Canā€™t disable the indicator light. Canā€™t restrict access to only select vehicles. Come on Ford your customers are asking for simple things here please explain why this canā€™t do some simple protection.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Interestingly, the Ford Connected Charge Station is one that does.
Not built by Siemens, thatā€™s why,

also is random charging by strangers a big problem?

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING

I put my FCSP in my garage very near the door so I could run the charge cable under the door and reach the lightning.

Since it is a $1300 retail item, even though I paid half that for it on eBay, I thought having it hanging on the outside of my house might tempt the local idiots to try and steal it. No lock and key on it like my old GE Watt Station had - could not just open that and remove it with the proper tools.

I wasted a lot of time trying to set up the dang thing with Fordpass and the FCSP setup app. Even involved the help line. Never got it to connect to my home wifi and it randomly stopped talking to Fordpass, wouldn't accept the login/password, and so forth. So I gave up.

It will charge my truck, but controlling it remotely is not going to happen, and I am not going to waste another minute trying to get it to work with Fordpass.

There have been a lot of posts about the frustration associated with the FCSP setup etc. so we are all in the same boat. I guess some lucky people got it to work just fine and dandy, but who knows what's different about theirs?

Probably somebody makes CCS plug locks if it's a problem of electricity stealing?

Seems to me you could use a bicycle cable lock to lock the cable to the side of your house?

Last edited:

Sponsored