Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, expedition, g8gxp, 04 gto, 73 corvette
Occupation
Director IT
they could at least throw in the Automatic Running Boards šŸ¤£
lol.... now that would be a year to year model change ask....and I agree ridiculous. šŸ¤£ day to day charging capability is in a different category but that is just my opinion.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
lol.... now that would be a year to year model change ask....and I agree ridiculous. šŸ¤£ day to day charging capability is in a different category but that is just my opinion.
True! But I recall them being standard before they were taken off because of the ā€œchip shortageā€ lol ā€¦ā€¦

To be honest, I just want battery improvements such as range if possible and consistent OTA updates to sync. Where is Netflix?

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning, 2022 Mustang Mach-E
Some additional claimed details from Car and Driver:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a62412739/ford-ev-customers-free-charger-home-installation/

The complimentary home charger and installation is available for people who buy or lease a new Ford EV between October 1, 2024, and January 2, 2025. The Ford Charge Station Pro typically costs $1310, and it provides bi-direction power, meaning an EV's stored battery power can be used to provide electricity to a home in the event of a power outage. It's an SAE Level 2 charger that provides up to 80 amps, and it features a CCS-type port.

Ford said it will offer a $2000 credit for new EV customers who live in an apartment or don't own a home where a charger can be installed.
The Ford fact sheet doesn't mention apartments.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-electric-vehicle-customers-new-confiden.html

Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I was going to say maybe they've got the build up of the FCSP and maybe it'd be good to have the higher amperage charger should things need to utilize the speeds in the future....and then remembered everyone is switching to NACS lol.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
True! But I recall them being standard before they were taken off because of the ā€œchip shortageā€ lol ā€¦ā€¦

To be honest, I just want battery improvements such as range if possible and consistent OTA updates to sync. Where is Netflix?
Power running boards were never standard equipment, but were a low priced option on Lariat and Platinum for 2022 that a majority of people would have wanted. I don't know if anybody got them for the 2022 model year. If they did, it was a low number.

B177y

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lightning Pro ER Max Tow, 2021 Highlander V6, 2013 Suzuki Wee-Strom
Hi F-150 Lightning owners,

Today weā€™re excited to share a new initiative, as part of our commitment to making electric vehicle ownership even better. We're introducing the Ford Power Promise, a comprehensive program designed to address the needs of our electric vehicle customers and provide confidence every step of the way ā€“ whether a customer is curious about electric vehicles, itā€™s their first day of ownership, or like many in this forum, have been driving an F-150 Lightning for some time.

Think of the Ford Power Promise as a one-stop shop for everything you need when you go electric. Weā€™ve grouped all the things customers love about Ford electric vehicle ownership under one umbrella, with some new offerings starting October 1st. Check back in to this post on October 1st, the day the Ford Power Promise goes live, to view our Ford Power Promise webpages, containing all the key info you need for this announcement.

For Current and New Ford Electric Vehicle Owners Weā€™re Providing:
  • Ongoing Support and Guidance:
    • New 24/7 Live Support: We're expanding ā€˜round-the-clock live support, including proactive charging assistance. Text a dedicated Ford advisor for 24/7 electric vehicle support, and you'll be talking to real people. Simply opt-in to Fordā€™s Electric Vehicle 24/7 Live Support services on owner.ford.com if youā€™d like to use the feature.
    • Improved Ford Roadside Assistance: Ford Roadside Assistance will now pick up Ford electric vehicle customers and take them to the closest charging station or dealership if range runs too low. Available for both Mustang Mach-E and F-150 Lightning owners. For more information on how to use this feature, please visit the Ford Roadside Assistance page.
For New Ford Electric Vehicle Owners this also includes:
  • Home is Where the Charge Is:
    • New complimentary home charger & standard installation: Starting October 1st, 2024, customers purchasing or leasing a new Ford electric vehicle will receive a complimentary Ford Charge Station Pro and standard installation at their home, helping to take the guesswork out of installation costs. Check out the Ford website for more details.
What Else?

Weā€™re constantly updating our existing programs with software, and hardware, to expand access and make them even better. Here are some items included in the Ford Power Promise that you may already be familiar with:
  • Charging On-The Go:
  • Battery Confidence:
    • Ford electric vehicles come with an eight-year/100k mile high-voltage battery warranty.
You can also read a letter from Ford CEO Jim Farley on the Ford Power Promise here.

The Ford Power Promise is designed to make the Ford electric vehicle ownership experience smooth and enjoyable, so you can focus on what matters most ā€“ the open road!

Happy driving!
Of course I just traded my MME and came home with a new Lightning 15 hours before this was announced....

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I see the documents point to the FCSP, only practical value for this device is a functional HIS, when's that coming? Otherwise a Connected Charge Station will accomplish the charging on 24+ Lightnings

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Announced on September 30 for release on October 1 ... in the same year! @Ford Motor Company, now THAT meets my definition of "Soon".

I would feel better if the program were titled "Ford Power Deliver" versus "Ford Power Promise". You already have quite a backlog of Promises to be delivered.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Power running boards were never standard equipment, but were a low priced option on Lariat and Platinum for 2022 that a majority of people would have wanted. I don't know if anybody got them for the 2022 model year. If they did, it was a low number.
That's what I was meaning to say. I know I chose it as an option when placing my order, it's one of the things I wanted when I had my EB XLT.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Complimentary installation is a nice touch, but the FCSP is still not a great option. It's overkill since most new owners (2024's) can't take advantage of the 80 amps. And FordPass is awful for connecting to it. I haven't been able to change my charge rate since before 5.0 came out. Maybe Ford has a back log they need to get rid off?
Just in case you didn't know - you can change the rate via DIP switches inside the unit as well if you need to. Not very user friendly though.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Just in case you didn't know - you can change the rate via DIP switches inside the unit as well if you need to. Not very user friendly though.
Yeah, I am aware of that. My problem is I reduced it over the summer and wanted to jack it back up to 80A. The app says it saved, but the charge history data and math says it's still using the lowered rate. I'm still able to charge fine but it's just annoying that it won't respond.

subseavet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Occupation
R&D Engineer
Hi F-150 Lightning owners,

Today weā€™re excited to share a new initiative, as part of our commitment to making electric vehicle ownership even better. We're introducing the Ford Power Promise, a comprehensive program designed to address the needs of our electric vehicle customers and provide confidence every step of the way ā€“ whether a customer is curious about electric vehicles, itā€™s their first day of ownership, or like many in this forum, have been driving an F-150 Lightning for some time.

Think of the Ford Power Promise as a one-stop shop for everything you need when you go electric. Weā€™ve grouped all the things customers love about Ford electric vehicle ownership under one umbrella, with some new offerings starting October 1st. Check back in to this post on October 1st, the day the Ford Power Promise goes live, to view our Ford Power Promise webpages, containing all the key info you need for this announcement.

For Current and New Ford Electric Vehicle Owners Weā€™re Providing:
  • Ongoing Support and Guidance:
    • New 24/7 Live Support: We're expanding ā€˜round-the-clock live support, including proactive charging assistance. Text a dedicated Ford advisor for 24/7 electric vehicle support, and you'll be talking to real people. Simply opt-in to Fordā€™s Electric Vehicle 24/7 Live Support services on owner.ford.com if youā€™d like to use the feature.
    • Improved Ford Roadside Assistance: Ford Roadside Assistance will now pick up Ford electric vehicle customers and take them to the closest charging station or dealership if range runs too low. Available for both Mustang Mach-E and F-150 Lightning owners. For more information on how to use this feature, please visit the Ford Roadside Assistance page.
For New Ford Electric Vehicle Owners this also includes:
  • Home is Where the Charge Is:
    • New complimentary home charger & standard installation: Starting October 1st, 2024, customers purchasing or leasing a new Ford electric vehicle will receive a complimentary Ford Charge Station Pro and standard installation at their home, helping to take the guesswork out of installation costs. Check out the Ford website for more details.
What Else?

Weā€™re constantly updating our existing programs with software, and hardware, to expand access and make them even better. Here are some items included in the Ford Power Promise that you may already be familiar with:
  • Charging On-The Go:
  • Battery Confidence:
    • Ford electric vehicles come with an eight-year/100k mile high-voltage battery warranty.
You can also read a letter from Ford CEO Jim Farley on the Ford Power Promise here.

The Ford Power Promise is designed to make the Ford electric vehicle ownership experience smooth and enjoyable, so you can focus on what matters most ā€“ the open road!

Happy driving!
I'm excited to see what this program brings to the Ford Electric Vehicle community. I love my F150 Lightning, and anything you can do to make that experience even better is icing on the cake. Please keep this going, keep improving, and bring electrification to more of your vehicles. I'm looking to replace my other ICE at some point and want to buy another Ford, but I don't need a truck and don't want a Mach-E. Something like the Bronco or Explorer would be fantastic!

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150 Lightning Flash
The at home charger install is great, unless you're like me and bought your brand new truck 2 weeks ago and have now missed the opportunity to have it installed in your home. @Ford Motor Company, is there any sort of retroactive plan for people that bought and were caught between this promotion and the one that ended right before I bought my truck?
Sponsored