• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Moved IOS crowd experiences to main thread.
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
The beauty of getting locked out of most of energy tab functions for not sharing my driving data is that I don't use the app that much any more and don't worry about it's updates. You would be surprised how life goes on without missing a beat.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.2.0 -- Real-time charging costs @ Tesla Superchargers Screenshot_20240710_194532_FordPass

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
@Ford Motor Company

The update mentions along the lines of “makes choosing a service dealer easier”. However, my app is still stuck with the dealer I purchased from in Kentucky, while I live in Texas. I’m assuming the app update was supposed to let me choose my service dealer. Seems one should easily be able to change their home dealer option.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I’m assuming the app update was supposed to let me choose my service dealer. Seems one should easily be able to change their home dealer option.
I was able to change from my prefered dealer where I bought the truck to an affiliated dealer down the road a piece.
Click find another dealer, scroll the list of nearby dealers, click the star to the right of dealer name, that location becomes the new preferred dealer.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.2.0 -- Real-time charging costs @ Tesla Superchargers 1720702167634-aq
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.2.0 -- Real-time charging costs @ Tesla Superchargers 1720702143571-4m

Sponsored

H8N-8NT-EZ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I updated my iPhone to IOS 18 Beta 3 last night. Prior to that the app was working, after updating the OS, the app would not load secondary pages last night. However, it seems to be working this morning. Strange...

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
@Ford Motor Company

The update mentions along the lines of “makes choosing a service dealer easier”. However, my app is still stuck with the dealer I purchased from in Kentucky, while I live in Texas. I’m assuming the app update was supposed to let me choose my service dealer. Seems one should easily be able to change their home dealer option.
I was able to change from my prefered dealer where I bought the truck to an affiliated dealer down the road a piece.
Click find another dealer, scroll the list of nearby dealers, click the star to the right of dealer name, that location becomes the new preferred dealer.

1720702167634-aq.png
1720702143571-4m.png
I stand corrected. I swear this wasn’t an option when I last looked at it. However, it’s fixed now.

Never thought I’d write these words but, Thanks Taxman! :LOL:

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Not sure what version I have in my iPhone, but my iPad has 5.2. I am also at IOS 17.5.1. When I compare the two, it looks like 5.2 is missing a lot of basic features such as odometer reading; vehicle status alerts; under charging - preferred times, charge logs, blue oval charge network and back up power; under status — tire pressure monitoring; under features and settings - WiFi hot spot, key list, zone lighting, pro power onboard, trailer lighting check and software updates. Under the service tab, no warranty information (to include any extended warranty plans) or vehicle health reports.

I do not understand why we have lost so much functionality with the new app - especially when much of this functionality seems to be minimum industry standard when compared to other OEMs. Mr. Farley - get your act together! Please!!!

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
Not all is lost.

Some of those items are under Service / Vehicle Health.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.2.0 -- Real-time charging costs @ Tesla Superchargers IMG_2865.PNG

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
When I compare the two, it looks like 5.2 is missing a lot of basic features such as odometer reading; vehicle status alerts; under charging - preferred times, charge logs, blue oval charge network and back up power; under status — tire pressure monitoring; under features and settings
We still have a few of these features in 5.x

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.2.0 -- Real-time charging costs @ Tesla Superchargers 1720966615536-of
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.2.0 -- Real-time charging costs @ Tesla Superchargers 1720966601592-pf

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
The new app versions (iOS and Android) were tested by beta users. Ford launched them, noting they didn't have all the features of the old app version, implying they had to launch (pressure), and would add features back as they went.

I think it's pretty clear to anyone that the number of resources devoted to app development and the speed to release isn't what most app development companies would have.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I do not have those screens in the app on my iPad. Interesting that some folks do and others do not.
My phone, I don't do IPADS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Plarinum
I’m on Beta 3 on IOS 18 and none of the sub-menus are working. Only thing I can see is the current charge and once it finishes the charge history doesn’t work either.
Sponsored