• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford's going to lose me with not showing me state of charge %

Status
Not open for further replies.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
It’s really not difficult guys, Ford doesn’t ship the trucks with the most up to date software, I have a Sept ‘23 build Lariat and I just got the 6.8 software update this week to show the actual percentage, before all I had was the graph. they do have the 25% markers there so you kind of know where you’re at, you just don’t now exactly what it is.

Boy that really does suck. If this was a tesla Musk would tell you we'll have a fix for this soon. In about two weeks. (Read extreme sarcasm). It was never fixed in two weeks, sometimes not even in two years!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
They have to put the software on at some point. Why not use the most recent?
It's my position the alphabet agencies of the US & State governments require a "CERTIFIED" build to manufacture from, these are validated at a mid year or annual model year change, everything in between is an in shop or OTA fix / improvement.

Any of you software developers systems administrators can appreciate change control logs, release controls and FISMA documentation requirements, I know I do as a now retired IRS Revenue Officer / Management & Program analyst. I heard the whining from the customer base ( my coworkers) who weren't understanding why it took so long to improve system design & performance.

GOD, I'm glad I'm retired now..............

As it relates to Ford, they're still cutting teeth it seems, but things are improving after numerous fits & starts of the OTAS roll out process.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Any idea how I can view which version I’m running?
No customer viewable version screen, why, because there is no real all encompassing version, but just a series of fix & improvement releases, the older trucks MY22 have the largest inventory of updates to run through, then fewer with MY23 and even less with MY24.

I recommend switch on auto updates, having a MY24 you have many improvements already baked into your "Original" production release, if anything, you will be receiving minor bug fixes and enhancements issued after the start of production / model year 2024.

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 F100, 2024 Flash
I recommend switch on auto updates, having a MY24 you have many improvements already baked into your "Original" production release, if anything, you will be receiving minor bug fixes and enhancements issued after the start of production / model year 2024.
I guess I’ve never liked updates to just get installed without my knowledge. I really don’t want something to get bricked when I actually need the truck and when things are working fine as it is. Maybe after vacation I’ll re-enable it.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I guess I’ve never liked updates to just get installed without my knowledge. I really don’t want something to get bricked when I actually need the truck and when things are working fine as it is. Maybe after vacation I’ll re-enable it.
Once your truck misses a pushed update, it may take awhile to get back into the rotation. Just keep that in mind.

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
So you’re saying that his truck doesn’t show the ‘83’? Just shows the graph?
That’s exactly what my 2023 Lariat ER shows. No SOC, just graphic. Picture taken tonight.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford's going to lose me with not showing me state of charge % IMG_1744

Sponsored

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER (Sept ‘23 build)
That’s exactly what my 2023 Lariat ER shows. No SOC, just graphic. Picture taken tonight.

IMG_1744.jpeg
from the 6.8 thread a bunch of '23s were getting the update so you should, hopefully, be getting it soon.

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
from the 6.8 thread a bunch of '23s were getting the update so you should, hopefully, be getting it soon.
One can only hope.

Where do I find what version I’m on? Looking at the software update tab it only shows the ECG-24.2.4.10

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford's going to lose me with not showing me state of charge % IMG_1745

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER (Sept ‘23 build)
One can only hope.

Where do I find what version I’m on? Looking at the software update tab it only shows the ECG-24.2.4.10

IMG_1745.jpeg
last week I got that update, then 2 days later got 6.5 then 2 days after that got 6.8 (this is the one that gives the actual SOC)... off the top of my head I don't remember exactly where you can see what version you're at, it's in one of the menus, maybe in the general. I'll send a picture tomorrow if someone else doesn't post, if I remember correctly it might not say 6.5 or 6.8 for example.

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
I also see people upset on here because the calculated range doesn’t match EPA rating. I don’t ever recall an ICE person complain about calculated range not being EPA range.
ICE do not get exponentially impacted by speed, weather, and temperature like EV’s do. Further, ICE have access to dependable fueling stations located on just about every city corner and interstate exit. Furthermore, ICE can be refilled in 5 min vs 30+. Finally, unless I’m in a super car, a fuel gauge will not unexpectedly or dramatically drop with changes to environment. So actual numerical data isn’t necessary to run manual calculations as necessary in a EV for a better experience. Can’t tell you how many times doing a manual calculation improved a trip outcome for me over trusting the vehicle’s suggested data..

Consequently, more data is welcome when operating an EV to calculate realistic range and for a better experience.

Also, given that much of the interstates have speed limits of 70-75mph, EPA suggested numbers are an outdated methodology for EV’s. At the very minimum there needs to be a 70mph range line item added to the window sticker.

Last edited:

ktn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning® LARIAT ER
It's insane that Ford lets these trucks leave a dealer lot before all available updates are installed. They should do this until their OTA chaos is solved. Don't try to tell me this is an unreasonable ask either.

If they want to do what's best for the customer, they would do this but the cost isn't worth it to them.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.