Sponsored

Front camera not popping up when close to objects??

Mike37

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning; 2010 Corvette
Occupation
Retired
Tried Active Park Assist the night before last. Maybe it’s me not understanding how to operate it, but it tried to park me on a parking lot island. I’m pretty sure the lady sitting in a space eating dinner was really entertained (or scared). Not as scared as I was.
Sponsored

marlin1060

First Name
Mearl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
It won't park between two lines, it seems that there has to be a car on one side or the other for it to work.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I have a 22 and it's definitely not popping up the camera, I've been threw all settings. I only get the screen with the yellow and the red alerts. 🤔
I have a Lariat-ER, but recently noticed that when I turn off this switch, my forward badge camera would not activate when pulling up close to a car or wall ahead of me, I use it to get my truck in just far enough to close the garage door, flipped it back on and the front camera resumed working.

Ford F-150 Lightning Front camera not popping up when close to objects?? 1701895219078

OP
OP
CRAIGC540

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I have a Lariat-ER, but recently noticed that when I turn off this switch, my forward badge camera would not activate when pulling up close to a car or wall ahead of me, I use it to get my truck in just far enough to close the garage door, flipped it back on and the front camera resumed working.

1701895219078.png
I do the same thing backing in everyday to my garage, but the parking sensor is automatically reset because i have to turn it off everyday. I really this is not a feature on the SR Lariat. I will make sure its on at my next startup. Thanks

OP
OP
CRAIGC540

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
I did find out from my dealer that only the LR lightnings have the front camera popup when you get close to a object, SR has a popup but its only shows the sensors as you get closer with yellow and and red warnings.

Sponsored

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
That’s a complete lie from the dealer. I have an 22 XLT 311 SR and my camera pops up. I need it daily to pull back into my garage.

OP
OP
CRAIGC540

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
He said they checked in my software and that feature wasn't there.
Thanks I will have to try another dealer to see if I get a different answer.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
The feature is 360-degree Camera and Forward Sensing System which are standard on all trims XLT and up. Did you try the switch @TaxmanHog suggested?

Ford F-150 Lightning Front camera not popping up when close to objects?? 1704381224575

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e
I did find out from my dealer that only the LR lightnings have the front camera popup when you get close to a object, SR has a popup but its only shows the sensors as you get closer with yellow and and red warnings.
I'm pretty sure I saw camera on this popup on my Pro with 360 camera option. I'll try to remember to test it.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
My SR pops up. And why would you ever ask a dealer? Every time I talk to someone at the dealership I teach them something.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CRAIGC540

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Yes I use that button all the time when backing in my garage and it is always on when I go to back in again, I never have to turn it back on.

OP
OP
CRAIGC540

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
My SR pops up. And why would you ever ask a dealer? Every time I talk to someone at the dealership I teach them something.
Do you have Blue Cruise ?

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
OP
OP
CRAIGC540

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
I picked up my Lighting yesterday for the 23C38 UPDATE SYNC SOFTWARE recall, Service looked into it again and still says that I don't have this option. Also I messaged Ford on this forum and was given a case # sent to the EV Team for further review. They called me the same day and said it was not optioned with my Lightning, and that I might be able to have the dealer program the feature for me as I have all the hardware for it.
I have SR with tow package ,scales and the extra cooling system, the only thing I don't have is Blue Cruise. Does anyone have popup front camera without have Blue Cruise?