Frunk envy

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I looked at reserving one. Then I saw that it's 91.6 inches wide--nearly a foot wider than the LIghtning. And nearly two feet wider than the original Scout. That's not a Scout. That's a Scout and a half smooshed together. No, thanks.

traveler-dimensions-desktop.BVEC2hc8_fMrU2.jpg
That's almost certainly including the mirrors. The Lightning including the mirrors is 96 inches wide. Without the mirrors, the Lightning is 80 inches wide. This thing hardly seems particularly wide.
Sponsored

MTBAZ

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Looks the scout frunk may actually be better than the Lightning's.

I disagree. the seat looks interesting, but where is it coming from. Looks like there is room for it on the bottom of the frunk, but you would need to remove everything to use it. Also as noted, there is 1/2 the space we have in the lighting.

With that said, I see a new aftermarket part for the Lightning. A platform that can act as a table or seat out the front of the frunk. When not is use it would sit on the bottom of the funk as a load floor, if there is cargo in the funk it would sit vertically in the opening to the frunk but not interfere with the lid closing/opening.

Sitting in front of the frunk would reduce the risk of heading the lid which has a few areas that hurt when you hit them. I have scars for proof.

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
I'd rather have the large Lightning frunk and carry a couple of camp chairs in it, with space left over.

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Do we know that for sure? Everywhere I look when searching car widths, the standard is to quote body width. Kinda weird if they buck the trend on that without specifying.
Yes, if you did down in Scout's web site they list the dimensions and it explicitly says it's 91.6" wide including mirrors.
Sponsored