• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SteuLight

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT 312A
Wow! Looks like the Lightning did a pretty good job! How fast were you going and how fast were they going?

OP
OP
Gary H

Gary H

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Super Duty
Occupation
Truck Driver
Wow! Looks like the Lightning did a pretty good job! How fast were you going and how fast were they going?
I was stopped in a left hand turning lane the light turned yellow he was trying to beat it he was going 40+MPH

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gary H

Gary H

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Super Duty
Occupation
Truck Driver
The truck did the job! What did his vehicle look like?
I don’t know they took me by ambulance to the hospital because I just left USC from getting an infusion for my cancer. I was banged up pretty good. May have to have surgery on my left index finger.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Sorry to hear you too are battling cancer (I went through that with my wife when she was diagnosed with breast cancer several years ago and that you got banged up in this stupid accident. So many young people think they are invincible.

Good luck to you and may the hand of the Lord be upon you.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Wow, so glad you are OK! I hope the kid is OK as well, that's a helluva collision. I'll say a quick prayer for everyone and hopefully your search for a Flash goes well. And God speed fighting that cancer! Kick its ass!

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Glad you survived! A testament to modern engineering and safety standards. I especially like how the doors have deformed, spreading the impact forces away from the driver. With any luck the surviving parts will be used to keep other lightnings on the road.

Get well soon!

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
My Pro did a great job protecting me in an almost head-on collision. It was in Glendale Ca a 20 something year old kid ran a red light and hit me. Now I’m looking into buying a Flash 😎
Is that a dashcam behind the rearview camera? I wouldn't drive without one these days just curious if it is one if it helped in this situation.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gary H

Gary H

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Super Duty
Occupation
Truck Driver
Yes it’s a dash cam front and back. I had it installed the day I bought it but the and when we remove and when we got home to view it it stopped recording Monday afternoon the accident was on Wednesday. I’m so pissed they said it’s the best one I think not and it will not be in my next truck

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
Yes it’s a dash cam front and back. I had it installed the day I bought it but the and when we remove and when we got home to view it it stopped recording Monday afternoon the accident was on Wednesday. I’m so pissed they said it’s the best one I think not and it will not be in my next truck
Bummer about the accident and the cancer. There's always something as my dad used to say.

Those memory cards fill up fast, I had that problem too with my dash cam. I tried to set it to overwrite the old data when needed but it never seemed to work and would just stop recording when full.

I put one in after a police officer said I turned left on a red light - he lied but it was my word against his in court. I had a 20years+ safe driving record until then. It was the end of a month and quarter so I guess he needed more trickets (trick tickets) for his evaluation - they say they don't have "quotas" but its just semantics. Years later that officer was fired for falsifying evidence - someone had caught him doing the same thing somehow.

Coincidentally, last night as I was driving home from the grocery store, a car ran a red light as I was entering the intersection - slammed on brakes and hit the horn simultaneously so the car next to me turning left was able to stop too. The red light runner slowed down when he heard the horn. We came within about 5 feet of a collision!

That is the second time at that intersection that someone has run a red light and nearly broadsided me, so I am always on guard.

Probably either 1)drunk or 2) distracted by a notice on their cell phone.

Like the old PSA, "The last thing Bob expected was some one running a stop sign...the very last thing. Watch out for the other guy!"

Truer words were never spoken!

Marcelo Zanetti

First Name
Marcelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150; Ford F-150 Lightning; Ford Explorer;
Occupation
Electrician
Very glad you're okay. Will keep you on my prayers about the cancer... Hopefully by the grace of God you will heal soon...
Many blessings,
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: