• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

HIS Intelligent Power Backup Related TSB?

Steely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Yesterday I went to test the HIS/IBP system by shutting off my main breaker and hoping that things actually work and found it did not... but this time it failed in a different way.

It appeared like power transfer was in progress, the truck relays clicked and it made some whirring noises, the FCSP started to throb the led green, but when I went in the house, no power. A few seconds later the truck clicked off, the FCSP went back to solid green, and nothing else. I tried a second time and got the same result.

Today I noticed there is a fairly new TSB that may be the cause of the issue. Is anyone else experiencing this, did something change over the summer to cause this? I haven't tested the system in a few months. Just wondering if its just me, and if I'll have to go to the dealer to apply this fix to get it working again.

Ford F-150 Lightning HIS Intelligent Power Backup Related TSB? 1725893490388-d2
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
@Jim Lewis might have some feedback for you.
I think @rugedraw might be a better person to check the status of @Steely's truck, and @Mike G is one of the most knowledgeable folks around on the status of the GWM update that's supposed to fix truck/FCSP problems and may have recently received the update himself.

I think I'm still "Waiting for Godot." Although my truck rarely throws DTC U019B, it just did so the other day! I haven't bothered checking backup power transfer recently. It worked a few months ago automatically during a brief storm outage. I figured I'd just "chill out" until I get the GWM update.

Before receiving the anticipated GWM update, I've been able to restore power transfer functionality in various ways, usually via a cold reboot of my FCSP. See https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...er-when-truck-in-deep-sleep.20843/post-411622

OP
OP
Steely

Steely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I'll have to try and check the codes to see if I have the u019b stored anywhere.

I talked to the local dealer and they didn't seem too enthusiastic about just applying any available updates without codes to go along with the associated TSBs. So if U019B isn't in there they probably won't bother to update anything.

My second attempt yesterday was after a full system reboot. Shut down the inverter, killed the dark start battery to shut down the FCSP, turned on the truck, force rebooted sync, turned off the truck, and it did the same exact thing. I tried again when I got home today, and again same thing. Looks like it transferred but no power.

I did just recently get an update (first since like March or April I think) that changed the menu, camera, and setting icons on the center screen so maybe that broke something?

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Looks like it transferred but no power
The truck port LEDs may turn green, but no power is being transferred until they start flashing green, IIRC. If you have any lights near where the truck is connected to the FCSP, you can always throw the light switch on. That way, besides the truck port LEDs, the area will instantly light up when power transfer occurs (for me, the garage lights come on, and I can hear the water softener firing up).

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
I'll have to try and check the codes to see if I have the u019b stored anywhere.

I talked to the local dealer and they didn't seem too enthusiastic about just applying any available updates without codes to go along with the associated TSBs. So if U019B isn't in there they probably won't bother to update anything.

My second attempt yesterday was after a full system reboot. Shut down the inverter, killed the dark start battery to shut down the FCSP, turned on the truck, force rebooted sync, turned off the truck, and it did the same exact thing. I tried again when I got home today, and again same thing. Looks like it transferred but no power.

I did just recently get an update (first since like March or April I think) that changed the menu, camera, and setting icons on the center screen so maybe that broke something?
So you would have gotten the short gateway update (manifest adjustment something or other) followed by the APIM update (new Sync update to 1076), and then last Saturday you might have seen a DCDC module update show up (in FDRS) that I thought was supposed to fix that power transfer issue...but since I don't use that function at all, it would take somebody like yourself having done all of those updates to find out if the problem is now solved.

I can tell you I don't have any more DTCs for powertrain components after doing those updates. So as far as I can tell, I'm all good and just waiting for the official rollout of BC 1.3. hopefully before the end of this year.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@rugedraw might still be limited in his access to our truck information, as of his mention last week in the research thread.

OP
OP
Steely

Steely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I've not documented every update but looking at taxman's signature line of updates seems to match up pretty well with mine right down to the 9/6 sync update. This most recent one wasn't like the others it was installed on its own in the background vs the expected downtime after key off of many past updates... Unless it didn't work as it should have.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I'm not certain this is an issue, but now that you have received a bunch of updates, possibly the charging scheme or presence of a departure time event is corrupted, if so that could be playing havoc with the HIS control process during your black-out test.

Remove all departure times
Remove all charging schemes.
Plug in the truck, retry your blackout test.
Sponsored