Sponsored

How pessimistic is the Mi/kWh display on the dash?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The issue is the tenth of an MPK between the IPC & the Sync screen, that simple.

We've beat the BMS theory to death in other threads and BTW to OP, we've also discussed at the tenth issue in other threads.
Sponsored

OP
OP

GoHawks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning ER
I appreciate the insights. I had never noticed the discrepancy before and generally rely on dash display vs the 15” screen display. Realizing potential different inputs and different calculations depending on the owner of that feature implementation is the most likely the cause between the display differences. I had not run across that discussion in the forum prior. I also understand the ‘energy’ held or used by the battery differs depending on a lot of variables (temperature, etc.) and could affect the results.

Has anyone ever done a deeper dive into how pessimistic the mi/kWh display is? I understand it is an average, but using accurate kWh consumed (start and end value) during a trip divided by miles driven? Is the average display very close, generally under by x% or variable both + and - depending on the day.

I am happy to let the thread die, but was generally curious and differing display values made me think a little bit more about the topic.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I always use the pessimistic value for my on the fly computations & validation of progress, better safety margin for long runs and running your SOC low.
Sponsored