I just got an update...

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
I just checked again, and an update is now showing available. 12V SOC had increased to 85% with truck powered on. I launched a manual update and received a message that it would take 13 minutes to complete.
@rugedraw , I finally got the update to complete on the 4th attempt. The first 2 failures were my fault since I forgot to turn the truck "off". I did turn the truck off on the 3rd attempt, but the update still did not complete. I did exactly the same thing on the 4th attempt as I did with the 3rd attempt, and the updated completed this time.

Are you able to see anything different between the 3rd and 4th attempts?
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
I had this update too, and it damn near killed my battery. I was traveling for work and my truck was parked at the airport. I came back and it wouldn't remote start, once I got into it and started it, I was warned if it restarted I'd need a physical key because the 12V was low. I left it running outside the office while I got some stuff done and then took it home where the update showed as installed. Seems like the truck tried really hard in cold weather to download the update. Would be nice if they did a better job of managing the 12V with the HVB.
I would recommend turning off the auto updates if you're parked away in the cold.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
@rugedraw , I finally got the update to complete on the 4th attempt. The first 2 failures were my fault since I forgot to turn the truck "off". I did turn the truck off on the 3rd attempt, but the update still did not complete. I did exactly the same thing on the 4th attempt as I did with the 3rd attempt, and the updated completed this time.

Are you able to see anything different between the 3rd and 4th attempts?
PTS is acting up and not showing OTA dashboards right now. I'll try again later.

Edit: It's back up. Looks like it just failed to enter inhibit mode the time before it installed. It only recorded two attempts and the battery stats are almost identical in both attempts.

Ford F-150 Lightning I just got an update... Untitled

Last edited:

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
What does it do
As per the papers Ford filed with the NHTSA for this update:

" Update the strategy to learn window travel hard stop at top and bottom to reduce unintended window bounce back and to prevent loss of one touch function.”

Updates the DDM/PDM.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
As per the papers Ford filed with the NHTSA for this update:

" Update the strategy to learn window travel hard stop at top and bottom to reduce unintended window bounce back and to prevent loss of one touch function.”

Updates the DDM/PDM.
That’s good news. I’ve had to recalibrate the windows on my Lightning more times in its first year than all of my other Fords combined.

OP
OP
brewski

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I had this update too, and it damn near killed my battery. I was traveling for work and my truck was parked at the airport. I came back and it wouldn't remote start, once I got into it and started it, I was warned if it restarted I'd need a physical key because the 12V was low. I left it running outside the office while I got some stuff done and then took it home where the update showed as installed. Seems like the truck tried really hard in cold weather to download the update. Would be nice if they did a better job of managing the 12V with the HVB.
You know your truck and what it did, but it likely wasn't the update, it was the cold.

Two weeks ago TX had the cold down to the low teens, my truck sat in the garage where it got down to about freezing. I only drove it every couple of days. Ford isn't properly maintaining the batteries. It wouldn't remote start once or twice and when I would go get in it, there were no lights and no dash action, but it would start every time, then come to life. I got messages about Electrical Drain. All of that happens when it gets cold. I had no updates during that time. It's just poor management of the systems.

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Update complete. Everything looks so different….NOT 😎
just happy updates are running. I was one of the first rounds of 2023 deliveries. Lots of gateway issues for initial updates. Nice to see system working correctly…at least for a time. TBH, I’m itchin to take a little road trip just to spend time in the truck.

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Thanks @rudedraw. It does not show an update available for manual download. 12V SOC is showing 79%. I have powered my truck on to boost 12V SOC and will check again in a few hours.
How do you check the SOC on the 12v battery?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired

robmab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Was curious if anyone could check a vin for me for pending updates or errors? Haven’t had an update yet..

2023 Lariat
1FT6W1EV0PWG15304

Thanks!

Last edited:

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
That's very strange. This is a very small update that does not require the vehicle to be inhibited while it installs. That is very atypical with this type of OTA.
Turns out the update I actually got was the re-release of 6.2.0. I got confused because like folks here, my Fordpass says nothing under the update but in the truck it reports the update correctly. It also somehow messed up my auto folding mirrors, they keep turning off!

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Turns out the update I actually got was the re-release of 6.2.0. I got confused because like folks here, my Fordpass says nothing under the update but in the truck it reports the update correctly. It also somehow messed up my auto folding mirrors, they keep turning off!
The 6.2 re-release was 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE. Is that what your truck screen said? There is a thread on it here.

FYI, this release is notable for at least two things: 1) it turned off auto-fold and 2) it no longer allowed Sport mode (and Tow mode) to be sticky. This is also what the Sync Recall was about. So you should now have the recall action performed.

Edit catching up on threads and see you did post on the NAT-VCE thread as well. So ignore above.
Sponsored

Last edited: