• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Kman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Not good news but at least its something to go by. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Sponsored

Major Dawg

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Senior Wireless QA Engineer
Too many answers from too many sources. I was told today again by Ford, that an IPD update is coming soon and it was believed to be by the end of Aug.

My 6Bdi system appeared not to be converting my PV energy and was not delivering it to the grid.

Just got my electric bill from SCE and it shows 0 generation, but did show power generation in June.

Also, the M-Professional App appears to not be able to connect/see the system.

SunRun Account appears to have data showing power generation, until yesterday.

EE coming out on Thursday of next week to troubleshoot this system.

Arrg.

Update: 06/17/2023 - Reset the 6BDi System (Sunrun Engineer) waited 10 min, then re-energized the setup. M-Pro now working again. 1 issue down, and a couple more to go.

Thanks, JLewis for the update. Hope July brings something, even if it is small.
I'm also getting "Outage Detected" messages on a daily basis, which I know is not true.

Last edited:

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Just to add my two cents, I have experienced various abnormal reports in the FordPass app since upgrading to the iOS version 4.29.1, including OUTAGE DETECTED (when there are none), BACKUP POWER UNAVAILABLE (with the scary report in Details that a vehicle fault has been detected and the owner's manual says I should take my truck to my dealer for inspection). And once yesterday, I had the FordPass app/my FCSP not respect my charging schedule and report my vehicle was charged outside scheduled charging hours.

So today, I spoke to a rep in electric vehicle software development. He said my vehicle looked healthy and had all the updates that had been rolled out to it. Said that there are various glitches floating around because of the FordPass app and the FCSP/WHB, and I could probably wait until the OTAs for the truck and the FCSP had been issued and see if that fixed the glitches I described above (my truck still charges normally).

The bad news is that he said the time frame for getting those updates could be as late as October to December 2023. He said Siemens had dropped (or been dropped) out of the loop and intimated there was a possibility that some equipment might have to be replaced under warranty. He said the OTA updates had been intended for July 31st, but they now wanted to add some further items to the update. I didn't ask him for exact details, I was very impressed by his forthrightness, and he didn't swear me to secrecy. And I am just repeating hearsay (it's not going to stand up in a court of law! 😀 )

Kman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I suspect they can't fix the issues with software alone and a hardware change might be inevitable. I sincerely appreciate everyone posting updates to this thread, I will keep monitoring it for updates and hopefully we will get some good news on the horizon.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
So im getting ready for hurricane Hilary and I can’t depend on the HIS because the ford charger, which I tried to warranty 3 times now, keeps losing internet connection!! This is so frustrating when all @Ford Motor Company had to do is warranty the charger. They’ve warranty others for just smelling like they’re burning. This thing WILL NOT remain connected to my internet. I even set up a 2.4ghz for it and it won’t connect to that either. So sick of this charger.

Sponsored

Caremanager

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford lightning
Has anyone tried to get a refund on the HIS or asked Ford for monetary losses?

Major Dawg

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I have not yet done this for two reasons:
1. Ford has indicated several times that there is a software update coming to address this.
2. I have seen this work for short periods of time a couple of times, so I think this can work.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Ford pass app is again saying unable to use back up power. 🙄🙄

Major Dawg

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
On Thursday, Aug 24, I had the installation electrician back out to my house to validate that my E6_DBI Unit is no longer generating AC from my PV to the Grid. Installed 06/02/2023.

Truck not connected
SCE Meter not running backward +bill for July showed 0 power generation.
PV metered at 429v per string of PV- 2 strings of 7 panels (360w)
Power output from Inverter - 0 Amps.

Sun high in the sky, not a cloud to be seen - Panels in 100% sun at an 85 degree angle to the panels.

Next up, trying to get Sunrun, to troubleshoot the issue / come onsite and process the RMA for the unit.

GranCu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Occupation
Janitor
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum as I purchased a Lightning in January. Had the pro charger installed in detached garage and it works great. Ordered the HIS from AEE as Sunrun does not work in my area. Equipment arrived with no documentation other than a quick installation guide. I have a master electrician coming Monday but he's never done work like this so I'm trying to find any documentation on the system. The links at AEE Solar do not work and Delta told me to scan QR code for manual (this took me to an app to communicate with the inverter. HELP Anyone....

Sponsored

hifixenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER, Polestar 2, e-tron & Bolt
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum as I purchased a Lightning in January. Had the pro charger installed in detached garage and it works great. Ordered the HIS from AEE as Sunrun does not work in my area. Equipment arrived with no documentation other than a quick installation guide. I have a master electrician coming Monday but he's never done work like this so I'm trying to find any documentation on the system. The links at AEE Solar do not work and Delta told me to scan QR code for manual (this took me to an app to communicate with the inverter. HELP Anyone....
Move forward at your own risk…
https://sites.google.com/sunrun.com/sop/sops/ev-chargers/ford-ev-charger

I’m actively working to have the HIS uninstalled and returned, as the system has never functioned consistently or as advertised.

GranCu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Occupation
Janitor
Thank you! I'm regretting a but after reading all the issues people have had. I know my lightning is very glitchy software wise and I have a complicated electrical layout.

Also, regarding complicated electrical layout, I have pro charger installed in detached garage via 150amp new sub panel. Main panel however is in basement of house, I'm wondering how electrician will be able to make this work? Does ATS have to be mounted next to inverter? If so, I assume they'll need to run a new wire and cat5 from garage to basement (its overhead)?

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
the system has never functioned consistently or as advertised.
Same here. I think Ford has to make the system work - otherwise, they'll never live it down as the Home Backup was advertised as a significant feature of their truck - a big reason to get the vehicle for security and peace of mind, yada yada. If Ford can never make their system work intelligently and reliably, they're going to lose even more credibility than they've lost already. And when credibility goes away, so do customers...

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Same here. I think Ford has to make the system work - otherwise, they'll never live it down as the Home Backup was advertised as a significant feature of their truck - a big reason to get the vehicle for security and peace of mind, yada yada. If Ford can never make their system work intelligently and reliably, they're going to lose even more credibility than they've lost already. And when credibility goes away, so do customers...
The fundamental design flaw of using wireless communications between all the parts - which are already connected by wires, including both power (which could carry control signaling via HomePlug etc) and, for some components, dedicated control wiring - is not really suggestive of a design team that is going to be capable of making the product eventually work. If I had one, I would be looking to have it torn out.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The fundamental design flaw of using wireless communications between all the parts - which are already connected by wires
I have MANY wireless devices in my home that have worked flawlessly for many years (doorbells, security cameras, garage door opener, light switches, outlet plugs, wireless thermostats, weather station and accessory room monitors & water leak detectors, room temperature and humidity monitors, remote control dehumidifiers, smart assistants, cordless phones, smartphones & smartwatches, hearing aids, otoscope, borescope, thermal imaging device, Kardia Mobile heart monitor, remote desktop access to older "slave" computers, you-name-it, etc. One could just as well say if Ford can't design a wireless device that works properly, what gives you confidence that they could design a wired device that actually works reliably? Maybe we should go back to using wired landlines as all of this wireless stuff really is just so very unreliable...

Using wireless connections in the Home Back system allows us via our smartphone to connect to all the parts. Although Ford, in the unreliable behavior of the FordPass app shows that it has connectivity, programming, server problems just in talking to the truck alone to start with. In terms of what to do away with, then maybe the truck is the first thing all of us should ditch?
Sponsored