• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Kyle and Tom race 1000 miles. NACS vs. CCS1

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
ABRP will include all Tesla Superchargers, even those one that is not currently opened to NACS, or v2
Good catch.

I sure hope more stations open up before mid-April. The 4 Tesla stations that ABRP is telling me to stop at would be great. The only one not showing up on the Tesla map is New Springfield, OH. Would be a game changer not having to get off the Turnpike.
Sponsored

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
The route they took was the same trip we did in our ER Lariat the first week we owned it. We drove from SE PA to West Palm Beach, FL.

We used primarily Electrify America which really had no technical issues at all for our trip - only issue we had was a minor wait at a mall charging station outside Jacksonville. Other than that we used an EVgo at a Wawa in MD. So I was fairly confident that @tommologā€™s CCS journey would be at least as good if not better than out trip was.

Ford F-150 Lightning Kyle and Tom race 1000 miles. NACS vs. CCS1 IMG_3868
Ford F-150 Lightning Kyle and Tom race 1000 miles. NACS vs. CCS1 IMG_3858
Ford F-150 Lightning Kyle and Tom race 1000 miles. NACS vs. CCS1 IMG_3864

MacMike

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
I had to do some playing around and add NACS as an allowable adapter in Settingsā€¦it wasnā€™t intuitive. I created a separate ā€œTeslaā€ profile for my truck, as my adapter isnā€™t forecast to ship until July, so Iā€™ll use my original profile until it arrivesā€¦.šŸ˜Ž
IMG_2857.png
IMG_2858.png
I did a Houston to Seaside,OR. trip this past summer. Used EA stops and would have been easier with a Tesla adapter.

reffahcs

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Let's talk San Diego to El Paso. Now that would be interesting. I made that drive in my 2003 F-150. I very much regretted ignoring the gas station sign with 1/4 tank of gas left, almost didn't make it out the valley.

On the Road with Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
Real estate/biz consultant
Kyleā€™s videos could be at least 60% shorter if he wasnā€™t in love with the sound of his voice, or stopped saying every inconsequential thought that popped up in his mind. Tom can be wordy too, but at least I feel like heā€™s communicating useful information when he talks.

Sponsored

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
3 months ago I drove my Tesla model 3P from Palm Springs, CA to San Antonio. All the way from Southern New Mexico, down through northern Texas all the way to San Antonio all the super chargers were V2.
I agree with the length and useless talk of Kyle being in love with himself and all his little girl fan club

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Little girl fan club?? Haven't heard that one before. I like his videos, he's sharp and gives more details than just about every other EV channel I've happened across. Oh, and no flair (stupid sound effects/memes edited in). The only thing I don't like is when he states a subjective opinion as if it is a fact. Stick to the facts please.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Why do we feel like we have to be so hard on Kyle? He is a man in the know and he does his due diligence. If you think he is long winded, skip ahead.

Ford thought well enough of him and Tom to invite them the first dance.

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
I don't like TFL videos because they hype things up too much, and I find the whole schtick a bit juvenile. But whether I like it or not, they've created a brand and hugely successful business, and they seem to love what they do.

I don't need to make fun of them, though. Good for them and those who watch them. I enjoy Kyle and Tom's channels even though their stuff is sometimes a bit lengthy. I'm looking forward to videos on their trip.

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Just get through SC..everytime I drive that. Just need to make it through SC.
I live in SC. Upstate SC. I agree. EA has issues with their network. Pulling my camper to the coast can be a challenge. Tesla superchargers are everywhere, including the coast. I can't wait for my adaptors to come in. What is ridiculous also, is the State has hallucinations to use Infrastructure money to build a network of chargers every 50 miles in the interstate system. Built/install 2 stalls per location and call it adequate. First although, they have to form a committee. They still haven't gotten their SHIT together.
In the meantime they have attracted Redwood Materials to build a factory to recycle lithium batteries. They.....the State...
wants the industries to locate here but have no earthly idea what an EV is.
Either they don't know or they don't care.

Sponsored

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I live in SC. Upstate SC. I agree. EA has issues with their network. Pulling my camper to the coast can be a challenge. Tesla superchargers are everywhere, including the coast. I can't wait for my adaptors to come in. What is ridiculous also, is the State has hallucinations to use Infrastructure money to build a network of chargers every 50 miles in the interstate system. Built/install 2 stalls per location and call it adequate. First although, they have to form a committee. They still haven't gotten their SHIT together.
In the meantime they have attracted Redwood Materials to build a factory to recycle lithium batteries. They.....the State...
wants the industries to locate here but have no earthly idea what an EV is.
Either they don't know or they don't care.
Just donā€™t put them at South of the Border. That place is even weirder than Buckeeā€™s.

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Just donā€™t put them at South of the Border. That place is even weirder than Buckeeā€™s.
Actually, the stalls will be on state properties, in isolated area where will be no amenities.
Now, all the States, excluding those who get it, finding out what they have to do to build this infrastructure in order to receive the money. Most of them won't bother.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Ive done that same trip and that Florence SC station is terrible in daytime, not another CCS station around for about 30-40 miles which makes it back up even more.

Talk about a wildcard if itā€™s not 3AMā€¦

Iā€™ve also learned that Kyle and my charging habits are the same, and like Kyle I have only ever run out in an EV in the Lightning

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
On my first long distance road trip in the Lightning, I drove around 1600 miles round trip from Atlanta to Miami. I was quite concerned hearing horror stories about EA. But honestly, not once did I have a single issue. I used EA almost exclusively, and every single time I was able to charge at peak rates. Im thankful for having supercharger access, but I do believe EA is stepping up to the plate now that they have serious competition. Its either sink or swim, and I am hopeful EA is on team swim.
Sponsored