• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lack of OTA Updates...Am I the Only One?

OP
OP

jhawkbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
No word from the dealership today. I’ll stay optimistic and hope that they spent the day applying all of the updates for me.
Didn't hear anything on Wednesday either. And they were closed yesterday for the 4th of July. So maybe I'll get some good news today.
Sponsored

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Agreed, ridiculous! I've never had an update and I'm at 355 days since purchasing the truck. I would have to work very hard to meet the requirements above. One of these days I'll just take it to the dealer so they can force it.
Finally! Five days shy of my 1 year anniversary, I finally received an OTA update! Hopefully this breaks the logjam and I start getting many of the others mentioned on this site.
Ford F-150 Lightning Lack of OTA Updates...Am I the Only One? 20240706_093239

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
Five days shy of my 1 year anniversary, I finally received an OTA update!
Great. Hope they keep rolling in for you.

BTW, the Recurring Update Schedule time is best set to a time when you likely won't be driving the truck. A few updates don't allow the truck to be driven when they are installed.
Most folks set it around 1AM.

That said, the 2:15 PM time you have might be right for you.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Great. Hope they keep rolling in for you.

BTW, the Recurring Update Schedule time is best set to a time when you likely won't be driving the truck. A few updates don't allow the truck to be driven when they are installed.
Most folks set it around 1AM.

That said, the 2:15 PM time you have might be right for you.
Thanks. I've tried several different time windows. Figured I'd try a time that others are probably not using, hoping the server bandwidth is more available. In my case, being retired and doing most of my trips in the AM, I'm usually not driving in the afternoon anyway.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks. I've tried several different time windows. Figured I'd try a time that others are probably not using, hoping the server bandwidth is more available. In my case, being retired and doing most of my trips in the AM, I'm usually not driving in the afternoon anyway.
Files are downloaded as soon as the OTA trigger is accepted by the vehicle. Then the files just sit there until either the auto-updates schedule installs it or the owner manually initiates the install. A 1am install time is not recommended because it allows the vehicle to sit and the 12v battery drains. Best time to initiate the install is after the vehicle is taken for a drive and the 12v battery is topped off.

Last edited:

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Finally! Five days shy of my 1 year anniversary, I finally received an OTA update! Hopefully this breaks the logjam and I start getting many of the others mentioned on this site.
20240706_093239.jpg
That's the new gateway update that opens the door for the new APIM (Sync) update to Sync 1122.

That's the one that is NOT available for '22 models yet....sadly.
Sponsored