• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lectron Vortex Plug Available on Amazon Vine

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
What is the Vine program? What does RFY stand for?

Unless this results in you getting a better price than $150 dollars I think you'd be better off ordering from A2Z considering their customer service is top notch, and AFAIK they are still selling it for 199 and a 10% discount using code FORD.

OP
OP
boggle

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Vine review affiliate, there's a randomly selected group of people that gets to review things on Amazon to boost visibility of primarily new items. You'll notice the green tags on some reviews that say "Vine Customer Review of Free Product". RFY = Recommended For You. Amazon sends us the stuff for "free", we just get taxed as income (per Estimated Tax Value). I wouldn't buy it over $150.

https://www.amazon.com/vine/about

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Here are some pics of all sides of the Lectron Vortex and its boxing stuff and manual:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JXtKHoRtkP222rUc8
Very solid, good springs on levers. I am just too impatient for the Ford units to show up, when I want to travel cross country.
Ordered 6-14, "on its way" 6-17, actual ship 7-2, rec'd today 7-5-24.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Is this the recalled product or,the new one?

bot2600

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
Personally I would skip this and go with the A2Z one if its good. The Lectron I got directly from Lectron mirrors what the 1 star ratings on Amazon show. It is so hard to remove from the super charger plug that I almost left it there and just went home. I've used it 3 times and dread ever having to use it again before my Ford one comes.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Ugh. I missed this. Haven't been looking at Vine feed much lately.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
occupying space
Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Yeah, I think they are doing Vine to build positive feedback given their recall.

Sponsored

Triecke

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
I got my Lectron adapter yesterday from Amazon with one day shipping. Had to drive 60 miles to Oregon to find supercharger that supports Ford charging with adapter. Was nervous I would have problems getting adapter to release but had no problems. I tested plug and charge and Tesla app and both worked great!

WilliamRobert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
happily retired!
I have the Lectron 40 amp EVSE and two weather covers. The j1772 sticks in the socket when hot and the covers had magnets in them(useless on aluminum). I had to remove the magnets because they interfered with my ChargePoint j1772 that has a magnetic switch. I would not buy a Lectron product again.

htobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I have the Lectron. First one I had to return because the release from the Tesla plug was so stiff, we almost couldn’t remove it. Replacement is somewhat better but still very difficult. Admittedly at age 86, I don’t have great hand strength. I’m trying to work it in with a clamp and it seems a bit better (see photo), but I wish I had gone A2Z.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lectron Vortex Plug Available on Amazon Vine IMG_8964
Ford F-150 Lightning Lectron Vortex Plug Available on Amazon Vine IMG_8962

Last edited:

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
occupying space
At a Tesla Supercharger (V3?) Tested my new Lectron Vortex for only 11kWh, using Ford Plug & Charge ($0.57/kWh!), and then I could not pull the Tesla NACS out until, stupid me, realized the latching button under the adapter needed to be pressed.

Interestingly, another 2024 Lightning XLT SR owner with several successful Tesla charging experiences was there and he was having his first problem getting a charge, either via the Telsa app or by Ford P&C with his Lectron Vortex, nor could he get a charge using my Lectron Vortex unit that I loaned to him. Later I think he gave up and tried elsewhere to get a charge from 80% to 90% to feel secure for his trip.

However, before we stopped testing our Lectron Vortex units with his truck, he pointed out, on his fairly new June '24 unit, that he was oftentimes having trouble pulling out the Tesla NACS plug after a normal charging session. He thinks this was happening due to the heat generated at the Lectron Vortex, worse on hot days, however if he waited for a little cooldown, the NACS plug was able to be released. So he took a dremel grinding tool to a slight rise of the front of the inside latching part of the NACS disconnect button and that seemed to fix the problem for him. He did tell Lectron of this possible problem. I wonder if there is a way of keeping the adapter cool to prevent any swelling? Move to Alaska? Hopefully Lectron would exchange any problematic unit (2 year warranty).
Ford F-150 Lightning Lectron Vortex Plug Available on Amazon Vine 1720589303047-m

Last edited:

htobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I doubt that is the issue. Both mine stuck after only a brief charge to test the unit. Haven’t yet tried it since leaving the clamp on, but at least I feel I can get it off with the clamp. Again, maybe stronger hands would help
Sponsored