• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Less than 1000 miles on new 2024 Flash, have MIL

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Flash
I don't know what the icon means and the owner's manual doesn't explain it.

Ford F-150 Lightning Less than 1000 miles on new 2024 Flash, have MIL 20240731_105319

Also, with my previous 2023 Lightning, I could touch the lock button on the door handle and the truck would lock. With this truck, even if I press and hold, it will not lock, I have to touch it twice. Is that something new for 2024 or related to this MIL?
Sponsored

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keywestford.com
Vehicles
Mach-E. Lightning
Occupation
EV Experience Coordinator
Not sure about the lock thing (could be a setting) but that warning light is for your blind spot monitor and is indicating it is either off or malfunctioning. If it's off in the settings then you'll have to get a dealer to diagnose it.
Hope that helps!

OP
OP

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not sure about the lock thing (could be a setting) but that warning light is for your blind spot monitor and is indicating it is either off or malfunctioning. If it's off in the settings then you'll have to get a dealer to diagnose it.
Hope that helps!
Indeed, I must have turned off the blind spot monitor inadvertently. Ugg, I hate this 15" screen. So slow to do anything.

The door lock is a problem. I shouldn't have to tap the button twice to lock the truck. My 2023 worked with one tap.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Dig into those settings, there are customized functions for the door locks also.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm in the same boat as Green. The truck is very inconsistent with locking by touching the lock button on the handles. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and any other door than the drivers is worse. I use the keypad trick myself as well.

Sponsored

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
You'll also get that symbol when you have a trailer connected since the Blind Spot system can't account for the extra length.

Rich B

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E, '23 Lightning, '19 Cherokee, '07 Titan
Occupation
IT Professional
That's the only way I lock my truck! Unfortunately mine doesn't have PaaK like my Mach-E. With the Paak just walking away locks it and then it sends a message to my phone that it has been locked.

Rich B

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
Well then, that stinks! I guess I'm not quite as bummed about it not having PaaK. Does it provide the ability to start the vehicle with a password? I've only had my Lightning for two weeks and am still figuring things out on it...

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
That's the only way I lock my truck! Unfortunately mine doesn't have PaaK like my Mach-E. With the Paak just walking away locks it and then it sends a message to my phone that it has been locked.
I guess I am weird. I have never used either the lock button the handle or the 2 number key trick. I just hit the lock button on the inside of the door while I am getting out and that works perfect. Just a habit as I get out.

OP
OP

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For what it's worth, my 2024 Flash has walk away locking. I guess I don't trust it to work reliably which is why I prefer to lock the truck manually.

Sponsored

Rich B

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
I guess I am weird. I have never used either the lock button the handle or the 2 number key trick. I just hit the lock button on the inside of the door while I am getting out and that works perfect. Just a habit as I get out.
I never do that just in case I somehow dropped or left my key in the car--a lesson learned the hard way about 30 years ago. Some lessons you never forget... :)

Backwardsfish

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Flash (previously Mach E)
For what it's worth, my 2024 Flash has walk away locking. I guess I don't trust it to work reliably which is why I prefer to lock the truck manually.
YES!
Switching from a Mach E to a Flash next week and happy to hear this.
Sponsored