OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Got a new trailer module update in the list this morning...along with the 'persistent' ACM and RFA updates that either won't update properly, or do update but won't clear off the list. It's not clear which.
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS Lightning_TRM_3-Oct-24
Sponsored

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Got a new trailer module update in the list this morning...along with the 'persistent' ACM and RFA updates that either won't update properly, or do update but won't clear off the list. It's not clear which.
Lightning_TRM_3-Oct-24.jpg
I've sat in my truck and watched both of the ACM and RFA updates and they even go through the validation process at the end , so I tend to think it's just "won't clear" . On vacation but I will run the trailer module update Saturday morning.

shelnian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER, 2023 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Retired
Decided to try a Chinese 2 board VCM2 clone I bought from DR.IAUTO on eBay for $200. Shipped from New Jersey. Took out three screws that didn't have the warranty tamper sticker and pried it open enough to confirm it was 2 boards. It also has the reset button and a SD card installed in the SD slot. Used VCI Manager to update it's firmware from a 2015 version to a 2020 version. Tested it by updating the Passenger Door Module and no issues so Installed all updates except the one that wanted a dealer code. GWM popped up again for a second update and TCU showed up 2 more times (3 updates). APIM update took a while as it was 6GB. Was expecting a second APIM since I was informed mine was 2 versions behind. Maybe it will show up tomorrow. Seemed to work as well as the borrowed Mongoose Plus I used on my Mach E. Will update the Mach E tomorrow.
Sponsored

Last edited: