• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Location Delay

brownhousechris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Has anyone else noticed that the location information in the FordPass app seems really delayed? With the old version of the app I could see the truck's location with pretty much no lag. However with the new app, it seems like the location doesn't update for over an hour sometimes. I'm looking at my app right now, and it shows the truck parked at home, when I know for a fact it is an hour's drive away.
Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I don't know for sure, but I would suspect that it's due to Ford's sub-par cloud servers. I would guess that there are times where it's responsive and times like now, when it's not so responsive. I don't use the location feature much. Primarily just when it's at the dealer so I can see if they are working on it.

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
I have been having trouble with their Telematics for a month or so. Don't know if it's related or not, but just adding to the info.

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Has anyone else noticed that the location information in the FordPass app seems really delayed? With the old version of the app I could see the truck's location with pretty much no lag. However with the new app, it seems like the location doesn't update for over an hour sometimes. I'm looking at my app right now, and it shows the truck parked at home, when I know for a fact it is an hour's drive away.
And in their relentless effort to dumb down all user interfaces everywhere, they don't show critical information like the time of last update. If they're going to show you old info at least they could tell you it's old info.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I live in an urban area with strong cellular service. I can almost track the movement of our Lightning and our Explorer as they move through the neighborhood. Basically refreshing by switching out and back into location in FordPass.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My truck reports timely & accurate locations, suburban area with dense cell coverage.

OP
OP

brownhousechris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
I live in an urban area with strong cellular service. I can almost track the movement of our Lightning and our Explorer as they move through the neighborhood. Basically refreshing by switching out and back into location in FordPass.
Wow, your experience is what I used to see, but now I am getting much different results. I'm in a suburban area with lots of cell coverage. Part of me wonders if it relates to OTAs I haven't received yet (I'm way behind from what I can tell, still don't have the SOC numeric readout on the main display). However, speculating about missed OTAs seems to be the path to madness.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Did you try the "pull down to refresh" gesture on the main page?

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Supposedly they changed it to only show parked locations, not live locations. I haven't tested it.

MountainAlive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting ER 512A
maybe you don't have the new version of the app possibly?

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
maybe you don't have the new version of the app possibly?
FordPass 5.5.0

My wife just left with the 2020 Explorer. Location showed the car one block from the house. I waited about 30 seconds and it showed car about quarter mile away.
Apple has taught me to avoid updates.
Sponsored