• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Locking Differential Glitch

JoshuaF

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Professor
Got into the truck, reversed out of my driveway and onto the street, and felt the rear tire scrubbing. When driving off, I noticed that the locking rear differential icon on the dashboard was illuminated in orange. I pulled off the road and successfully turned it off. It seemed odd that it turned itself on, and a friend who is a lightning owner suggested it may have been related to an over the air software update. Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Not that setting, specifically, but there are numerous reports of various settings getting flipped by an OTA. I guess we can add this one to that list.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
It seemed odd that it turned itself on, and a friend who is a lightning owner suggested it may have been related to an over the air software update.
What is your updates screen showing for most recent OTA?

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Since it's on the drive mode page near 1pd it's possible to have accidentally selected it. Never heard of it just coming on after an ota update but I have accidentally turned mine on.

Sponsored
OP
OP

JoshuaF

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Professor
What is your updates screen showing for most recent OTA?
ECG 24.2.5.6.2 is what shows on my software update screen. The vehicle was delivered on 10 July 2024.

OP
OP

JoshuaF

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Professor
Since it's on the drive mode page near 1pd it's possible to have accidentally selected it. Never heard of it just coming on after an ota update but I have accidentally turned mine on.
That is unlikely. I started the truck as usual, and did not select the menu or go to that page. It was pretty obvious once I started to turn in reverse that the differential was locked (tire scrub), and when I glanced down I noticed that the orange indicator light was illuminated on the dashboard.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
ECG 24.2.5.6.2 is what shows on my software update screen. The vehicle was delivered on 10 July 2024.
I copied your report to the update thread to get more feedback from others who had the same update recently.
Sponsored