• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Nav and no sound -

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
I went to the dealer today for my 10k mile service. I also asked them to look at my Nav. When I first start vehicle and use Nav and hit go I am no longer able to adjust sound for radio or phone then 10 min later it plays every turn I made and then I can adjust sound normally. Today dealer updated my SW and I got this screen (pic) but it did NOT FIX the Nav issue. I am also having an issue with my app where I can use remote lock and unlock called Ford and said a SW update coming no ETA. Anyone else have similar Nav / sound issues?

Ford F-150 Lightning Nav and no sound - IMG_5104

Ford F-150 Lightning Nav and no sound - IMG_5089
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
IIRC there may be settings that you can toggle to possibly correct this.

Ford F-150 Lightning Nav and no sound - 1723607183981-0

As for Ford Pass, make sure your version is up to date, confirm you have authorized data sharing consents in the trucks Sync screen, maybe toggle those off/on might shake the misconfiguration back into shape

OP
OP
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
Thanks. I’ll try. On the app I deleted and reloaded last week and I was on with ford app team. They even took my VIN and said they might need to make manual update after new app is released

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I went to the dealer today for my 10k mile service. I also asked them to look at my Nav. When I first start vehicle and use Nav and hit go I am no longer able to adjust sound for radio or phone then 10 min later it plays every turn I made and then I can adjust sound normally. Today dealer updated my SW and I got this screen (pic) but it did NOT FIX the Nav issue. I am also having an issue with my app where I can use remote lock and unlock called Ford and said a SW update coming no ETA. Anyone else have similar Nav / sound issues?

IMG_5104.jpeg

IMG_5089.jpeg
Hey there. I would like to look into these issues on my end. To get things started, can you please send over a message with your VIN and estimated mileage?

Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Misbehaving center screen issues can sometimes be fixed by a Sync reset. To do that hold down volume down and the right "skip" arrow on the steering wheel until the screen resets. May or may not help.

I just received a FordPass update on Android yesterday, fwiw.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thank you Ford! Attached is VIN. My Nav issue has been going on for almost a year.
Don't hold your breathe waiting for a response from them or actual help from them.

Your truck has not reported itself to the cloud since 6/19. On that date, you were sent an OTA for the GWM that failed in a strange fashion. The update started, but didn't finish. Since then, that same update has been resent to you twice and failed due to manifest mismatches. IMO? Either the update installed some of the files and not all of them or it someone messed up the config causing some issues with certain modules being able to communicate within the network properly. They updated the APIM and the TCU, but didn't touch the GWM. The fact that your truck stopped talking to the cloud the same day an update failed is too much of a coincidence to me.

If you have FORScan, the first thing I would try is to reboot the GWM with the hope that it just in a funky state and the reboot kicks its ass into gear.

Ford F-150 Lightning Nav and no sound - 1723655769603-5o

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks how do I reboot “gWM” and what is that?
The GWM is the gateway module. It is responsible for facilitating communications between all the modules in the network. If they GWM is not happy, then any of the different systems in the network can be affected. Because your truck is not reporting itself to the cloud, I can't see any codes it may be reporting to help pin-point the issue. With FORScan, you'll be able to pull any codes it is showing and in the wrench icon of FORScan, you have the option of rebooting any module on the network.

If you are not familiar with it, FORScan software is free and the adapter to use it is about $35 on Amazon.

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
Here is my current manual work around

1. Stop truck
2. Shut off
3. Open Door
4. Close door
5. Power on
6. Sound works with Nav!

lol what fun for a very expensive vehicle, from customer experience perspective, not very good.

Hope to continue to troubleshoot with Ford vehicle connectivity team on how to resolve full gateway issues so I can realize value and experience expected!