Sponsored

New EVSE option: a BReAKER with built-in EV Charging: EATON

Fastnf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 lightning
Here is a site that list it for $679.20 other sites seem to be higher. This is the lowest price I have found so far.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Maybe it will survive as a new construction option? Ultimately, price will determine it's fate.
That’s probably the most likely application - new construction where the architect designs the garage space to specifically accommodate it.

Fastnf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 lightning
Found a site with it for $482.44.

PrimeRisk

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 L Lariat, 2023 Tesla MY, 2021 Tesla MYP
Occupation
Technonerd
Here's an amazing new option for 'at home' charging: A new EV Charging BREAKER, all-in-one build... taking the place of our traditional EVSE MODULE...
1729611850144-i5.jpg

https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/skuPage.BREVEM2040.html

https://videos.eaton.com/detail/videos/featured-videos/video/6346408151112/smart-ambinent-monitoring-30-sec-spot?autoStart=true&q=smart breaker

Screenshot 2024-10-22 11.47.27 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-10-22 11.50.04 AM.jpg

and, they also make this in a 'plug in' type if you already have an outlet nearby...
This could be very interesting, especially if your breaker box is in your garage or on the outside wall. Have you seen any pricing? I did a quick Google search and even hit up Greybar and Grainger, but nothing.

Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Ya, why wouldn't you want to take up double the space in your panel for a limited power evse that costs more than standard options and requires an electritian to replace when it fails. .

Really though, once you look at the actual product line you'll see the market it's aiming for and it's expanded capabilities. It's good for multipoint, compact and billable applications. I would not recommend this to any homeowner.

OP
OP
hturnerfamily

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I think the 'like' to this Eaton 'Built-in EVSE' Breaker set is that you are not only replacing the many different and various EVSE module options that all of us choose from, and replace it with a Dedicated 'direct from the panel' J1772 charge cable... but, this design is NOT simply just the Breaker, itself, it is the 'package' of the Breaker, the J1772 CABLE, a wall hanger, and, if you wish to run from much farther away from the panel, a 'connector' box that then allows this to run from much farther away... or, even the 'Plug In' option, if you have a NEMA 14-50 already nearby. The 'box', then, provides the new Breaker set, with the built-in EVSE, although you are powering it from an existing 50amp breaker set from somewhere else...

someone also mentioned the 'fit' to existing 'other model' panels, and yes, true, the individual breaker module WOULD have to fit your existing, or new, panel.... but, if you go the 'PLUG IN' option, using an existing 50amp outlet, you'll not need to worry about the breaker 'fit', since it will be within the 'box' that they provide.

I'm not sure the interchangeable fit between Eaton breakers and other makes... there is a 'push on' type, and a 'bolt on' type.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
$500 for a sub panel, breaker/EVSE, and cord actually seems very reasonable.
Sponsored