• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Anything on the passenger side is a much less convenient location for home charging.
How so? Is it possible less convenient for you?

My charger is on the passenger side of my truck so it would actually be more convenient for home charging for me. And then add in the SC and 🥳
Sponsored

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I think FCEV is the path for a Super Duty per executive media discussion over the past couple of years.
Axios reported at 7:03 AM today (19th) that "the automaker said it's going to "electrify" the next generation of Super Duty trucks, without providing details." My guess is that this is a SD version of Lightning.

Etsquared

First Name
ET
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Retired
Those aren't hub motors. They're much more likely to be drum brakes as you don't need so much braking power with an EV. Audi is already doing this with the Etron.

See below. They're drum brakes. Drum brakes are back.

IMG_5985-EDIT.jpg
And thank u Ford! My 2026 or 27 F350 will be able to get my 36 ft Donzi to launch and back with ZERO brake capacity overload or stopping issues! Boo yah!

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
Anything on the passenger side is a much less convenient location for home charging.
Not at my home. My charging cord is mounted on a wall on my right side as I pull into my driveway to park.

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Axios reported at 7:03 AM today (19th) that "the automaker said it's going to "electrify" the next generation of Super Duty trucks, without providing details." My guess is that this is a SD version of Lightning.
Electrify doesnt have to mean full BEV. It could very well be some sort of Hybrid.

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Not at my home. My charging cord is mounted on a wall on my right side as I pull into my driveway to park.
My point being you have to walk around to the other side of the truck to plug in our unplug.

Maybe not a problem for people without stuff in their garage. In my garage, there is too much stuff to keep it clear on both sides.

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
One of the strangest design decisions regarding the Silverado, is that it does not tow a lot of weight, which is odd considering the entire premise of the truck is that it is a fantastic EV for towing.
3000 lb of battery (I'm guessing, based on the pack that's ~50% bigger than the Lightning's 1800 lb pack) places some constraints on how much additional weight you can manage, I would think.

Sponsored

Jake24

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 XLT Avalanche 9.6kW
My point being you have to walk around to the other side of the truck to plug in our unplug. Maybe not a problem for people without stuff in their garage. In my garage, there is too much stuff to keep it clear on both sides.
you need a bigger garage
Ford F-150 Lightning Next Gen F-150 Lightning Spied w/8 Lug Wheels & Hub Motors (Larger Battery?) Benchmarking Cybertruck 20240716_213451

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
you need a bigger garage
I have a 4 car garage with about 1200 square feet. Plus 600 square feet of storage space underneath two of the stalls in the basement, plus a walk out workshop area of about 600 square feet with a vehicle-sized door facing the back yard, plus a 2000 square foot storage condo a couple blocks away.
I am very sure that a "bigger garage" cannot fix my issues with accumulating too much stuff in my garage spaces.