• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

No Pro Power Onboard?

John Becker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Light'g Lariat SR, '18 Audi S5 Cabriolet
What functionality is lost with a 2024 Lightning Lariat without Pro Power Onboard? What is missing?
Does that mean that it won't have any 110 volt receptacles in the frunk, cabin, and bed? What will be different?
I've seen explanations of what Pro Power Onboard is, but I've not seen an explanation of what it upgrades.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Looks like you get 2.4kw but not the 240v with 7.2kw. The total being the 9.6kw propower.

Go check one out at the dealer and test drive one!

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Studio truck driver
So if I’m thinking right you will only have 2.4kw. You should have the plugs in the frunk and in the cabin. But no plugs in bed.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Studio truck driver
For 24 they dropped the standard of 7.2 in the bed on lariats and made that a standalone option so you will need to look at the window sticker and it will have it as a line item option if the truck was built with it.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
yes, you will still have a set of 120v outlets in the bed, all on the same 20amp 120v circuit that the frunk and cab are on...

the 9.6kw ProPower UPGRADE gives you an additional INVERTER, which is 240v, an extra set of 120v outlets in the bed, and, of course, the 240v 30amp outlet in the bed...

Sponsored
OP
OP

John Becker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Light'g Lariat SR, '18 Audi S5 Cabriolet
So, without the Pro Power Onboard, I lose the 240v and one set of 110v in the bed? I can live with that.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
The Propower option give you the ability to power your home or any other "higher need" electrical things from the truck. I added Propower primarily for those reasons.

hajalie24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue
So, without the Pro Power Onboard, I lose the 240v and one set of 110v in the bed? I can live with that.
I faced the same dilemma. Realistically I probably won't ever use the 240v outlet, still sucks they removed it though.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
I faced the same dilemma. Realistically I probably won't ever use the 240v outlet, still sucks they removed it though.
I'm not sure what you have any 'dilemma' about, as the 9.6kw ProPower is an OPTION, which includes the additional 240v inverter, and therefore the 240v 30amp bed outlets.
ALL Lightnings have ProPower, the basic 120v 20amp inverter, with outlets in the frunk, cab, AND the bed.

No one has 'removed' anything.

hajalie24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue
I'm not sure what you have any 'dilemma' about, as the 9.6kw ProPower is an OPTION, which includes the additional 240v inverter, and therefore the 240v 30amp bed outlets.
ALL Lightnings have ProPower, the basic 120v 20amp inverter, with outlets in the frunk, cab, AND the bed.

No one has 'removed' anything.
It's not hard to understand. Most 24' Lariat lightnings in stock do not have the option available now that the options are fragmented now, I would have to get a color I didn't want to get the 9.6 kw Pro Power Onboard or wait until late December.

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
right, but you've made it sound as if Ford has removed YOUR option to get 9.6kw ProPower, when they have not...what truck or trim you buy is up to you, or which you'd like to order... they've given you all the same options any of us have had.

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
right, but you've made it sound as if Ford has removed YOUR option to get 9.6kw ProPower, when they have not...what truck or trim you buy is up to you, or which you'd like to order... they've given you all the same options any of us have had.
I think you were the only one who read it that way. It was quite clear he was speaking of it as a standard option, not as an OPTION AT ALL.

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
The Propower option give you the ability to power your home or any other "higher need" electrical things from the truck. I added Propower primarily for those reasons.
Also, because the bed outlets appear to all be overcurrent protected at 30A - even the "20A" 120V ones - (there are definitely drawbacks to this as well!) there's less chance the startup surge from a 120V tool like a saw will trip the bed breaker than the front inverter breaker.
Sponsored