• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I have a theory that the whole "Magic Dock" experiment was to test the adapters on all the EVs currently on the road. I have serious doubts that we will see much further expansion of magic dock superchargers .
They committed to 3,500 by end of 2024.
Sponsored

WileyKyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 F-150 Lightning
They committed to 3,500 by end of 2024.
I'm pretty sure they agreed to open 3500 superchargers to non-Teslas.(which they are doing via the adapter) I don't think it states anywhere that they are converting 3500 chargers to include the magic dock.

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm pretty sure they agreed to open 3500 superchargers to non-Teslas.(which they are doing via the adapter) I don't think it states anywhere that they are converting 3500 chargers to include the magic dock.
To ALL. No adapters.

WileyKyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 F-150 Lightning
It doesn't really make any sense to convert that many superchargers to magic dock especially since all the ev manufacturers have agreed to switch to the NACS connector in the next couple years. The only way to find out, is to wait and see.

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
We recently got to experience the large number of Magic Dock Superchargers in New York State. Out of six charges, the only time that we needed to use our NACS adapter was when the Magic Dock adapter refused to release on a charger. Aside from that one quirk, the system worked quite well.

In all of my travels, a trip through the hinterlands of New York State was the first time that I have encountered Magic Dock equipped superchargers.

Ford F-150 Lightning Number of Magic Dock locations, by state, as of 7/7/24 - 70 locations, 736 chargers (US), 3 locations, 24 chargers (Canada) IMG_6098

Sponsored
OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We recently got to experience the large number of Magic Dock Superchargers in New York State. Out of six charges, the only time that we needed to use our NACS adapter was when the Magic Dock adapter refused to release on a charger. Aside from that one quirk, the system worked quite well.

In all of my travels, a trip through the hinterlands of New York State was the first time that I have encountered Magic Dock equipped superchargers.
New York has the most Magic Dock locations due to proximity to factory producing chargers.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Interesting note, there are likely more Magic Docks than we have documented. AZ shows only the one in Glendale, but a user on the local FB Lightning group showed using the Magic Dock on a charger in Mesa. The Tesla app still says we need the NACS adapter to use that station, and plugshare still shows it as NACS only.

I'm not saying anyone should take a chance, especially when road tripping, but it seems like those V4 cabinets may have a Magic Dock whether it's documented anywhere or not.
Sponsored