• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OEM Hankook tires

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
My Pro (SR) has OEM Michelin on with 8K on the truck at 36 PSI. Rear tires look like the first day. Front outside has a very tiny barely noticeable wear. It looks like it should make it to 40K easy.

p.s. I do mostly behave on turns and only lose it once in a while in a straight line.
Sponsored

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Door jam recommends 36 pissys.... running them that high, while in tolerance of the tire rating, may be not doing things in your favor.

Also, the all-terrain option was $150 when ordered.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Mine were like that - started wearing noticeably at 5,000 miles and just got worse. I swapped them at a little over 40K for Falken Wildpeak AT III in the LT size - heavy, but the range hit seems minimal and the ride is actually a great improvement. And they are actual AT tires, not the Suburban Assault Tires that came with the truck.
How much of a hit in range did you take? Is it 0.2 mi/kw?

Ish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Lariat ER
The Goodyears that they started putting on at the factory towards the end of last year (October blend) recommend 42 PSI. Just rolled over 2700 miles and even wear on all 4 so far.

Sponsored

Bokenator

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning - Antimatter Blue
I
I absolutely love my truck. But my 2022 Lariat Lightning has 22,000 miles on it and all 4 tires are Hankook dynapro and came from the Ford factory. The inner and outer edges of all 4 tires are worn bald. Inflation is kept to 47-51 psi. Anyone else having this issue?
I'm with you on this one- same tire, same issue. Edges are in rough shape, but tread down the middle seems to be okay. Need to purchase a depth gauge and report back. I only keep mine inflated to 38psi, and just crested 15k miles. I am looking to replace my rims and tires anyway to make my truck look more like a truck, so probably will sell the original rims/tires as full size spares with at least some tread on them. Doubt they would last passed 30k if I end up leaving them on the truck.

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Same issue on the Hankooks. And it is not due to aggressive driving. I drive like an old man. And even if they can provide some pro-rata warranty on new tires, I really don't want these garbage tires on my truck. I'm thinking the Michelin Defender LTX MS/2, which is what my dealer is recommending. Given that there really isn't any other maintenance on these trucks, I suppose I will have to call it even...

Inflated to the recommended 36 psi, rotated (the rears are worn like this, but not as bad). About 20k miles. Truck is currently at the dealer, they are also checking the alignment to be sure. They also said that since all 4 wheels have independent suspension, the concept of rotating to the rears to "help even things out" doesn't really apply, since the rear axle is not fixed like the ICE trucks.

Ford F-150 Lightning OEM Hankook tires IMG_0583

Last edited:

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Just talked to my dealer service manager, who agreed the Hankooks are super soft. They are going to do an alignment, in fact he said that they now are recommending an alignment to be done every 10k miles! Crazy.

And I'm going with the Michelin Defender LTX M/S 2 tires. Not happy with this unexpected early tire replacement, hopefully I will get many more miles on these than those Hankooks...

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Self Employed
I absolutely love my truck. But my 2022 Lariat Lightning has 22,000 miles on it and all 4 tires are Hankook dynapro and came from the Ford factory. The inner and outer edges of all 4 tires are worn bald. Inflation is kept to 47-51 psi. Took it to the local dealer for recall work and showed them the tires. Ford said Hankook considers this normal wear and won't warranty or pro-rate. Anyone else having this issue?
Same issue. Dealer said no warranty. I contacted Hankook and they said the same thing NORMAL wear, no warranty or pro rate either. My Ford dealer Parts guy said theose tires are junk and they won't sell them through the parts department.

OP
OP
Slohry

Slohry

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E, 2019 Ford Fusio
Occupation
Musician
I absolutely love my truck. But my 2022 Lariat Lightning has 22,000 miles on it and all 4 tires are Hankook dynapro and came from the Ford factory. The inner and outer edges of all 4 tires are worn bald. Inflation is kept to 47-51 psi. Took it to the local dealer for recall work and showed them the tires. Ford said Hankook considers this normal wear and won't warranty or pro-rate. Anyone else having this issue?
I'm sure Ford Motor Company reads this forum yet no one from Ford has responded.
I appreciate all the comments and now know I'm not the only one having issues. I've heard Ford no longer puts these tires on the new Lightnings. I'm sure they know this is a problem but they're not going to take responsibility for it nor provide us original first run owners with any compensation. Other than the tires this is, hands down, the best vehicle I've ever owned. Too bad theircustomer service wasn't as good as this truck.

Sponsored

KennyB123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Good luck with that. I am still bitter that I paid for All Terrain tires, got what Ford calls All Terrain tires ("all terrain" to them must mean uphill and downhill paved roads) and missed out on a $7,500 state incentive because the AT tires lowered the GVWR by a couple hundred pounds. Entirely my fault, but it would have been easier to take if I actually got AT tires - or at least decent tires.
That's a lot of new tires you could have bought! That sucks.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
My Dynapros also have rough looking edges as well at 24k miles. Dealership hasn't said anything at my annual servicing but now I'm considering switching. Pretty disappointed with how rough they look after not a ton of miles.

jlferg0509

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Malibu; 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
My MY23 has 32k miles on the original Hankook tires. I've taken multiple 2k mile trips and plan on another one in a couple of weeks. I keep them inflated to approx. 37psi, have them rotated every 10k miles, I've towed my 8,600lb trailer with them and they show no wear.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
The issue is driving habits. The Lightning is a very capable vehicle which can feel like a sports car but it's 7,000 lbs give or take without much load. The faster you go while turning the more the sidewall flexes and the more the edges of the tire are exposed to pavement. If it were a rubber compound issue the tread would be wearing quickly as well.

If you want your tires to last a long time slow down when changing direction. Otherwise, enjoy the truck and factor in new tires to your enjoyment.
I'm backtracking on what I said here. Aggressive driving can increase tire wear and EVs are heavy which also contributes to tire wear but the edges of the Hankooks definitely wear quickly. Might be more aesthetic than anything if people are getting 40k out of them but it's happening.

Hankooks at 10k.
Ford F-150 Lightning OEM Hankook tires 1000004498

General Grabber at 10k on same truck rotated between sets regularly.
Ford F-150 Lightning OEM Hankook tires 1000004499