• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Open and close windows remotely

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
312A on the 22 and 23 is like the Flash trim but with the smaller screen.
I have 312A and the fob doesn't open the windows, at least not with any of the incantations I've tried performing. Maybe it was enabled/disabled by a software update or something. I don't pretend to understand anything Ford does with software features.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
And while were on the subject of opening the windows . . (remotely or in person) is there any way to stop the auto open, close? I like to crack my windows at the end of the day so that the next day heat from the sun can vent through the cracked windows, But it takes multiple try's back and forth to get it to leave a 1 to 3/4" gap, suggestions . .
Don’t go “back and forth.” Hit ”down” then “Down” again to stop it.

When I got my first car with auto windows, I didn’t know this…trying to get it to stop by alternating up and down drove me nuts until I learned this.

Sponsored

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
Don’t go “back and forth.” Hit ”down” then “Down” again to stop it.

When I got my first car with auto windows, I didn’t know this…trying to get it to stop by alternating up and down drove me nuts until I learned this.
Thank you, I will certainly give it a try. I appreciate it.
(I'm sure that tidbit of info is buried in the 600+ page manual somewhere.)

ChippewaBarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum Agate Black
I've never enabled anything with Forscan.
Could be something they did for 24s?

I have a 23 Platinum and it definitely doesn't do it (though I will be enabling it at some point). Severely missed feature that I had on my mid spec 2013 Fusion and 2023 Mach E Premium.

So strange they didn't put this in.

OP
OP

MountainAlive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting ER 512A
And while were on the subject of opening the windows . . (remotely or in person) is there any way to stop the auto open, close? I like to crack my windows at the end of the day so that the next day heat from the sun can vent through the cracked windows, But it takes multiple try's back and forth to get it to leave a 1 to 3/4" gap, suggestions . .
I might not understand the question fully, but on mine if I press gently on the window down button for the front windows it doesn’t auto open. As soon as I let off the button this way the window stops moving. A full press activates auto open and pushes it all the way down. Weirdly my back windows don’t have any auto open or close.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I might not understand the question fully, but on mine if I press gently on the window down button for the front windows it doesn’t auto open. As soon as I let off the button this way the window stops moving. A full press activates auto open and pushes it all the way down. Weirdly my back windows don’t have any auto open or close.
None do.

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
Agree completely, there are two distinct positions for the front window switches. You can feel when to stop pushing if you don't just mash the buttons.

Sponsored

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
explain :question::question:
311A is the only equipment group in Canada
312a is (was) definitely available in Canada until Flash.
I have this FOB functionality after enabling with a Forscan demo

sandwichpiccolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
I tried searching for this but couldn’t find anything. Is there a way to remotely open and close the windows? Keyfob sequence or something with forscan? I know the FordPass app doesn’t do this.
Yeah, I get that – it can be super handy to control the windows remotely. As far as I know, there’s no keyfob sequence for it, and the FordPass app doesn’t support this feature. However, you might be able to set it up using FORScan.

You’ll need a compatible OBD2 adapter and some patience to tweak the settings. There are a bunch of tutorials out there for using FORScan to customize your vehicle’s features.