• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Post Fordpass Update Issues

Nolander

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended
Occupation
IT
As others have noted, I’m seeing some erratic behavior since the update. Some or all may be related. I’m not sure.

1. I have no climate controls. When I press the climate button the app spins then the truck beeps three times, several seconds apart, but climate does not activate and I get an error:
Ford F-150 Lightning Post Fordpass Update Issues 1716812649013-si

2. there are no climate controls beyond the “fan” button on the front screen. Could be a product of #1. I’m on IOS.

3. Getting all kinds of false parking sensor alerts, probably coincidental?

4. As others have noted, charge slider does nothing, irregardless of chosen level, it charges to 100%.

5. Probably more I haven’t found yet:(
Sponsored

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT, 2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2021 Expedition
I also have iOS, I haven’t had any of those problems. The climate has worked the few times I’ve used it and once it starts I can turn on/off the seats and steering wheel and adjust the temp. The slider works for me to.
Not to sound like a jerk, but have you tried restarting your phone and/or reinstalled the app? I know sometimes with a big update for other apps I’ve had to do that.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I'm IOS ignorant ..... are there any permissions controls in the applications control panel?

Review & adjust as needed.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I’m iOS and have everything wide open from a settings standpoint.

Climate stuff seems to work fine. The charge slider absolutely does not work. I have fully restarted the phone.

Ford F-150 Lightning Post Fordpass Update Issues IMG_4249

peloazul

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat XR
Is it possible you are behind on module updates for the truck which may be required to fully support the new app version? Having said that, I am not aware of any particular requirements.

Sponsored

OMO7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
Works for me. Not what you want to hear, but just give it time. No point trying to troubleshoot something that will likely sort itself out.

dalesumjr

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro SR
I'm IOS ignorant ..... are there any permissions controls in the applications control panel?

Review & adjust as needed.
I was having all kinds of issues as well after app update. I deleted the app off my phone and reinstalled, all my issues went away. Something to try.

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
PAAK went away with v5

priceb

First Name
Price
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
College Instructor
I had several issues post update. The lock and unlock would fail, but Climate worked. Also the charging info would not refresh correctly or show the charging rate. Uninstalling and reinstalling Fordpass did not resolve the issue. What finally fixed the issue was rebooting several modules (TCU and GWM) using forscan. Now everything is working.

ElKay55

First Name
Lon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER, Max Tow, Iconic Silver
Occupation
Residential Contractor
Climate control dead for me, tried several times, even when standing a few few away from my parked F-150 ...got the same failed to start screen..uggggh. the remote lock un lock does work...too much "improvement" from FOMOCO

Sponsored

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
If you have an Apple Watch, the watch app shows the time since last update. So the phone app has that information, but just doesn't bother to show it.

It is annoying that Ford's goal seems to be to dumb down their interfaces as much as possible. Heaven forbid they give us detailed information about literally anything. Maybe they are afraid we'd actually be able to handle some issues ourselves rather than taking it to the dealer for service if anything happens.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I also have iOS, I haven’t had any of those problems. The climate has worked the few times I’ve used it and once it starts I can turn on/off the seats and steering wheel and adjust the temp. The slider works for me to.
Not to sound like a jerk, but have you tried restarting your phone and/or reinstalled the app? I know sometimes with a big update for other apps I’ve had to do that.
Mine works fine also. I've had none of the listed problems.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
iOS also
Mine seems to be working fine but…
I don’t really use the climate to precondition prior to getting in and I just walk up and put my hand on the door to unlock most of the time (one of the things I really like about this truck and UI) I also really like is that I can go to the back doors, get stuff out and then touch the lock button on the door handle and it locks the whole vehicle.
Here are my settings, I think it is the same as The post above, except for not always on for location

Ford F-150 Lightning Post Fordpass Update Issues IMG_0616

OP
OP
Nolander

Nolander

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended
Occupation
IT
I got the climate working, it seems like the setting in the truck somehow got reverted to not allow remote climate start. Once the climate control works then you access to the options.

The charge slider is still useless and every time I back up the sensors light up like it's Armageddon.

Love this truck but damn @Ford Motor Company the software is FUNKY.

@peloazul I have no idea what modules may be dependent if any at all. Who knows with the scattershot distribution of updates?

I did also delete and reinstall, this also may have resolved the climate issue.
Sponsored