data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Yes, some people have it, I do not.

I've been consistently last in getting updates, I should have it by next year at this rate. I appreciate getting only the most stable and refined updates but I'd rather be a tester and get all the cool widgets.
Plenty of info on here to get started using FDRS. I didn’t want to go that route at first, but eventually decided to throw down the money.
Sponsored

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Yes, some people have it, I do not.

I've been consistently last in getting updates, I should have it by next year at this rate. I appreciate getting only the most stable and refined updates but I'd rather be a tester and get all the cool widgets.
Well, be happy you're getting any updates. I've never even gotten a prompt for one

Alexsouthcleveland

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 lightning Lariat ER
That is not normal. The wrench is not a good sign. If you don't have an OBDII scanner, post or PM me your VIN so I can see what DTC's it's recording.
Hey I do have a veepeak scanner plugged in and car scanner so now I feel like an idiot for not using that. I turned the truck on and did a diagnostic scan and i don’t see any errors of course I might be reading it wrong. I uploaded the file. Now the wrench is gone and the truck is acting fine. The software update page 6.3.0 just says not completed. Thanks for the reply!

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
So first issue with me and updates to my lightning. Have a 2022 lariat always got the updates the day I would see them here on the forum I am a EAP member also.

Today I was just in the mood for a launch so at a red light I switched to sport mode and turned one pedal off. Rarely ever do this. When I hit the throttle the truck barely moved! All the sudden the main screen turned off and I got reduced power. Bar said 50% available power but no way it was even close to that. It took forever just to get up to 30 MPH. Pulled over at next spot turned the truck off and on and back to full power. But the screen just kept shutting off and restarting every minute or so. Have back regular power still but I’m thinking maybe this is an update bug?? Or could it have been me switched modes at a red light and having foot on the brake and the gas pedal. I wouldn’t think that would mess anything up. On the update page looks like I have 6.2 although I never got notified that update was complete. and it gives me the notes for 6.3 but it says not ready to install yet. Never had any issues before with reduced power or screen restarting before. (1 year in 28k miles) Btw Still have the wrench on not sure if this will go away on its own or not.

Anyone else have these issues?
Hi there, Alex. These powertrain/power concerns doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Lightning truck. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
Has anyone else found that the update has the truck totally ignoring your preferred charge times?

Ours is set up to only charge between midnight and 6 am on weekdays when at home. Despite this, the new charging screen shows "At home - Will charge when plugged in" despite not being midnight. It's not lying, because it does start charging immediately.

We've just signed up for the new ultra-low electrical rate that starts in November (2.5 cents per kWh between 11 pm and 6 am), so we kind of want the truck to follow a schedule. Our EVSE can be programmed to do this, but if it's done by the truck, it's easier to override it on the occasion we need to.

This especially grinds my gears because my Focus Electric has been doing this ever since its modem was upgraded in March 2022, even though Ford has had a fix since last November. They haven't pushed it OTA and the dealership wants to charge me to do it because Ford won't cover it.

I had been worried this lack of customer care for my FFE was shades of what was to come for Lightning owners, and now it's looking like it is coming true.

@Ford Motor Company maybe it's time I see a lawyer about this.

Last edited:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Hey I do have a veepeak scanner plugged in and car scanner so now I feel like an idiot for not using that. I turned the truck on and did a diagnostic scan and i don’t see any errors of course I might be reading it wrong. I uploaded the file. Now the wrench is gone and the truck is acting fine. The software update page 6.3.0 just says not completed. Thanks for the reply!
How long do you stay on the SW page.? I've noticed the last month when I go to the SW page it shows my last update and "Not Updated", but if I stay there for 5 to 10 seconds it will update and show the Updated message.

Alexsouthcleveland

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 lightning Lariat ER
How long do you stay on the SW page.? I've noticed the last month when I go to the SW page it shows my last update and "Not Updated", but if I stay there for 5 to 10 seconds it will update and show the Updated message.
Hmm yea I stayed on there for several minutes and it still says not updated. I’m sure it will go through soon excited to try out the Apple Maps ev routing

Reactions: GDN

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Has anyone else found that the update has the truck totally ignoring your preferred charge times?

Ours is set up to only charge between midnight and 6 am on weekdays when at home. Despite this, the new charging screen shows "At home - Will charge when plugged in" despite not being midnight. It's not lying, because it does start charging immediately.

We've just signed up for the new ultra-low electrical rate that starts in November (2.5 cents per kWh between 11 pm and 6 am), so we kind of want the truck to follow a schedule. Our EVSE can be programmed to do this, but if it's done by the truck, it's easier to override it on the occasion we need to.

This especially grinds my gears because my Focus Electric has been doing this ever since its modem was upgraded in March 2022, even though Ford has had a fix since last November. They haven't pushed it OTA and the dealership wants to charge me to do it because Ford won't cover it.

I had been worried this lack of customer care for my FFE was shades of what was to come for Lightning owners, and now it's looking like it is coming true.

If the truck can't reach the charge percentage you set, for the amount of time you allow, it will start charging immediately after plugging in.

Sponsored

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
If the truck can't reach the charge percentage you set, for the amount of time you allow, it will start charging immediately after plugging in.
Yeah this is the behavior I notice. If it thinks it cannot reach your programmed percentage by the morning, it will start charging earlier before the off peak start time you programmed. So if it’s really important to not draw any power outside the window, you should program your charge station to enforce that as well.

This is a recent behavior change and I assume because customers were upset to wake up and find their truck isn’t as charged as they wanted.

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
That's not been the issue this week. The past few nights had the truck reaching the desired level (90%) in less than the 6 hour window.

Since we've had the truck in May, it has only charged in the window on weekdays as expected. Now it doesn't.

I can see some people wanting that behaviour, but it should be configurable. To me, charge only between X and Y should mean just that. We have the rate that the EVSE delivers set so that we only get so much range added in the window. If we drove further that day, it is not supposed to return to 90%. If we drove less, it will.

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
That's not the issue. The past few nights had the truck reaching the desired level (90%) in less than the 6 hour window.
Then delete that charge location and set it back up. It's been known to happen to some people after updates.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22

Ford is not afraid of your “I might talk to a lawyer” - they get that everyday, they have full time lawyers for that.

your Best recourse is your states lemon law. In the front of the digital manual is info on how you file with ford.

my lemon law coverage ends in 1,500 miles.
Sponsored