Sponsored

16cards

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Lightning Lariat ER
The OTA gods have finally deemed my truck worthy!

Skipped right over 6.5 and got 6.8 today. FINALLY!

2023 XLT ER - 10/23 build.

IMG_4758.jpeg
For clarity, you likely haven't received 6.5.0 yet. Updates are not cumulative.
Sponsored

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning Flash 312A
For clarity, you likely haven't received 6.5.0 yet. Updates are not cumulative.
I did everything available for my truck with FDRS back in June so I wonder if maybe stuff that was in 6.5 was already updated by me. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I did everything available for my truck with FDRS back in June so I wonder if maybe stuff that was in 6.5 was already updated my me. 🤷‍♂️
That is exactly the case. This IPC update was/is not showing as an available update for many Ford vehicles; even with FDRS. It is unclear why some vehicles show it pending and others don't. An OTA miracle seems to be the only way people affected by this can get the update.

Well, not the ONLY way, but the other way requires unconventional methods most people are not comfortable with. lol

Sponsored

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
With Storm Debby moving through today it was a work from home day, we lost power and went out to turn on Pro Power to use slow cooker for dinner! Low and below 6.8.0 was scheduled :), every cloud and all....

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Got 6.8.0 on my XLT ER today. 3 updates in the last 4 days 🤯 6.5.0 and 23-PU0110-RAD-PS were the others.

I now have SOC % on the instrument cluster, which was the biggest thing I was hoping for. (I guess that's a pretty good sign if that's all I had to complain about)

YellowGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
July '23 ER Lariat checking in with 6.8.0 received just today. I can now experience the much vaunted SOC % as well. I feel like Ford is doing a LOT of catch up updates in the past couple weeks. Feels like something is around the corner.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I've never known dealership employees to really know what is coming, but word from a dealer here this week is that an update is coming in October for everyone. I would agree - it seems they are getting everyone leveled up. It's only taken 18 months to get here. Very little information, very vague, likely a prediction that any of us could make knowing that truly it seems all releases are making it to most trucks.

BhamDCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro ER
This update is scheduled for my truck later tonight - May '23 Pro ER. This is the one I've been most excited about just because of the SOC on the main display.

Sponsored

Ekiehn

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Seems like once I got 6.8 (2nd week of July with SOC display of course just after a week long road trip) I got another update approximately 2 weeks later (fix sound issue) and then 2 weeks after that another update (fix issue of radio presets being lost after an update), I seem to be on a regular schedule of OTA's. I will be happy if this continues but Ford seems to be getting the OTA's worked out...

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I've never known dealership employees to really know what is coming, but word from a dealer here this week is that an update is coming in October for everyone. I would agree - it seems they are getting everyone leveled up. It's only taken 18 months to get here. Very little information, very vague, likely a prediction that any of us could make knowing that truly it seems all releases are making it to most trucks.
They are most likely referring to the APIM update to address various Sync issues that is supposed to come in Q4 as per the attached SSM.

Attachments