• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction/ Reduced Power

BigWatts801

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning XLT ER
Hey all,

Purchased F150 Lightning xlt ER about three months ago. About two weeks ago, a warning light popped up on the dash with a wrench indicating I need to schedule service. Inside the Ford Pass it showed the following description:

Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction/ Reduced Power Screenshot_20240711-152151_FordPass

I scheduled service in which the dealership had my truck for several days. I just got a phone call from dealer saying it's a non issue and they were able to clear the warning. On the way home, the same exact warning light and description in Ford Pass appeared.

Anyone experience this? It's a bit frustrating only having put 2500 miles on the truck.

Thank you
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hey all,

Purchased F150 Lightning xlt ER about three months ago. About two weeks ago, a warning light popped up on the dash with a wrench indicating I need to schedule service. Inside the Ford Pass it showed the following description:

Screenshot_20240711-152151_FordPass.jpg

I scheduled service in which the dealership had my truck for several days. I just got a phone call from dealer saying it's a non issue and they were able to clear the warning. On the way home, the same exact warning light and description in Ford Pass appeared.

Anyone experience this? It's a bit frustrating only having put 2500 miles on the truck.

Thank you
Hello, I would like to take a further look into your powertrain malfunction issue on my end. Could you please send us a message with your VIN and mileage?

neeonline

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting Lariat SR
I am having the same issue, but in my case I also lost power (turtle mode).

First time they kept my truck for 22 days and said it was a software issue. Two days ago I had the same issue, dropped the truck into another dealer, and now they are saying it is a fault acelerador pedal.

Both dealers does not give me confidence which means I cannot trust this truck anymore.

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022lightning Lariat 2021 Aviator GT BL
Occupation
Electrician
I'm going on 60+ days from power train malfunction/battery drain. Hopefully u have better luck and hopefully Ford is learning. They did battery cell changed,port change, main harness, and now charger inverter. And honestly Ford has been no help 60+ days is becoming a huge financial issue for me being I'm not able to pick up jobs or go to certain jobs or haul/tow anything with the Nissan rogue they gave me as a loaner. They don't care about ur issues we just another #. I sure hope u have better luck

Sponsored

neeonline

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting Lariat SR
I'm going on 60+ days from power train malfunction/battery drain. Hopefully u have better luck and hopefully Ford is learning. They did battery cell changed,port change, main harness, and now charger inverter. And honestly Ford has been no help 60+ days is becoming a huge financial issue for me being I'm not able to pick up jobs or go to certain jobs or haul/tow anything with the Nissan rogue they gave me as a loaner. They don't care about ur issues we just another #. I sure hope u have better luck
60 days? Ouch! Why not starting the buy back program?

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
60 days? Ouch! Why not starting the buy back program?
They denied cause she filed under my tailgate issue not my powertrain/ battery issue it is at the dealer for currently. It was at the dealer for the entire month of April prior to powertrain issue. They are refiling it just the other day but I'm at 27k miles I bought new at 3800 it was a demo. But it has been to dealer prior for battery drain so idk how it is getting denied. It's literally killing me.

Dennishud

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning
I received same alert a few times with different causes. Latest issue was diagnosed as battery sensor issue, dealer repaired and issue not cleared. Further diagnosis was battery control module failure. Picked up after 3 weeks in shop so fingers crossed it is repaired.
New technology requires more training for local mechanics from factory.
( IMHO)

Seth1969

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
CPA
I am 2+ months without my truck due to the powertrain malfunction. Dealer says they are waiting on Ford to write software to fix a battery module issue. Really frustrating that the dealer and Ford customer service says they don't know when it will be fixed.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
@Seth1969 , @Cptmorgemaker , @BigWatts801
Can you let me know your Build Date on your Driver's door sticker?
I am tracking PowerMalfunction / Reduced Power problems in the spreadsheet linked in my signature, below.

Sponsored

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
I am 2+ months without my truck due to the powertrain malfunction. Dealer says they are waiting on Ford to write software to fix a battery module issue. Really frustrating that the dealer and Ford customer service says they don't know when it will be fixed.
Buyback or lemon? Or are you also out of the state requirement so as always Ford doing the minimum.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I am having the same issue, but in my case I also lost power (turtle mode).

First time they kept my truck for 22 days and said it was a software issue. Two days ago I had the same issue, dropped the truck into another dealer, and now they are saying it is a fault acelerador pedal.

Both dealers does not give me confidence which means I cannot trust this truck anymore.
Hello, I would like to see if I can assist you with your powertrain concerns. Could you please send us a message with your VIN and mileage?

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
This just happened to me too. Driving home from work, I got this error along with others as soon as I hit the ADAS on button. Other errors were 1 pedal drive, regen breaking, and ADAS unavailable. I stopped the truck, turned it off, and turned it back on. This restored normal operation of all systems. The wrench icon was still on, and said to schedule service soon.

Connected Forscan and found the following DTCs. The three in red were the only ones still active or intermittent.
  • Code: P061A - Internal Control Module Torque Performance
  • Code: P0887 - TCM Power Relay Control Circuit High
  • Code: P1A13 - Hybrid Powertrain Control Module - Regenerative Braking Disabled
  • Code: P087F - One Pedal Drive System Performance
  • Code: U0401 - Invalid Data Received from ECM/PCM A
  • Code: U0594 - Invalid Data Received From Hybrid/EV Powertrain Control Module 'A'
  • Code: U0140 - Lost Communication With Body Control Module
  • Code: U2108 - Adaptive Cruise Control
I then used Forscan to run the self-tests on all the modules that had or have faults. All self-tests completed with no faults found. A few cycles of clearing DTCs and restarting the truck resulted in a green panel with no faults. I went for a drive around the mountain. All systems nominal and still no DTCs.

So we'll see if this was a one-time anomaly I can pretend never happened, or a recurring event.

Philipa902

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
I had a similar warning a couple months ago. It went away after a single warning for me and once for my wife. 2 weeks ago my truck wouldn't turn on and it has been at the dealership for 2 weeks and they still haven't given me a diagnosis...
Sponsored