• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance, Lightning Lariat Extended
I feel like the bad rap on this truck is starting to fade..im seeing more and more of them in the Monmouth/ocean county section of NJ. The secret is out that this really is an amazing vehicle if it fits your lifestyle.
I wouldn't say I've noticed a "bad rap" on this truck, but funny enough I've had multiple people tell me they thought Ford stopped making the Lightning 😅 This is what happens when we only read headlines (and poorly).

OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I'm behind. All trims have dropped to 48A onboard chargers? Wouldn't be an issue for me personally but it seems like this would be a hit against fleet adoption.
It is still an option for fleets along with ER batteries (Pro and Flash). Just not regular folk. See 2024 Order Guide

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
I don't know if any of the highlights from this thread have changed:
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...anges-to-the-2024-ford-f-150-lightning.16890/

For example ProPower is not standard on a 24 Lariat...but it was the same price prior to this price drop.
if you need heat pump, then MY24 is no brainer
sure it may need to pay extra to get 9.6 or 7.2kw propower, but you cant get heat pump on older model.

I think the decision process is fairly simple between MY23 and MY24

on-board scale and smart hitch, its nice, but not deal breaker

Heat Pump can be a deal breaker item as it can severely affect winter range.
also if can affect battery themo management system if you plan to tow long haul and frequently DCFC

MY23 inventory is heavily discounted, I would go for savings instead of MY24

Sponsored

mags

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Pro SR
Occupation
Computer Things
Heat Pump can be a deal breaker item as it can severely affect winter range.
I am waiting for some hard data on how the heat pump affects range. All the information I've seen so far is anecdotal.

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
I don't think the heat pump will have a big effect on towing over the general benefits of having a heat pump in cold weather. For hot weather or towing the max tow package already includes two air conditioner compressors. In extremely cold weather it probably goes to resistive heating anyway, my Kia does.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
If I recall, there are a lot of other deleted features from the 24's. The lower price seems more appropriate given it's less than the 22/23's have.
Model 24 changes from '23 with dollar amounts. I did this shortly after they announced the 2024 and have not updated it with recent price changes.
($2100)​
Blue cruise 90 days only
($225)​
power deployable running boards no longer an option
$650​
onboard scales added
B&O spearkers reduced from 18 to 14
23 has two onboard chargers 23 only has one.
($1300)​
Charge Station Pro removed
($1200)​
propower 9.6kw now an option
($4175)​
total

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lariat ER, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
I feel like the bad rap on this truck is starting to fade..im seeing more and more of them in the Monmouth/ocean county section of NJ. The secret is out that this really is an amazing vehicle if it fits your lifestyle.
Just last week, I was at a red-light next to another 23 Lightning Lariat. The guy rolls down his window and points to my lightning and says, "this truck is the real deal."

Second time of the same week, while standing outside his Lightning at a charge station, sees my lightning and wants to chat about how good these are. He had a XLT.

Whenever I see another lighting, the driver always gives me a thumbs up, a point or a nod to say hi.

It's become a small brotherhood. (nothing against women, I just haven't interacted with a female lightning owner.

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
All I ask for is the HUD... although I'm disappointed in a lack of retractable steps option on the Lariat trim. That would leave me with just the rear view mirror camera to address. Surprised they couldn't do that with the ICE 2024 F150's having it.

That's in addition to the other stuff mentioned.

Sponsored

Etsquared

First Name
ET
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Retired
Bingo here definitely fits a 62 year old retirement, gardening, beaching, family errands nightly recharging at .08 electric rate overnight I estimate at ten years and 80000 miles it will have paid for itself. Then gift it, buy a new one

brucek2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum
The fastest you can charge a 24 at home is 48amps or 11kw.
My 23 I can charge at 80amps which is about 17kw

Mcyclonegt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning xlt
Occupation
Fire
So the difference, if my math is correct, is about 4 hours. 11 hours to a full charge at 11 KWH, 7 hours at 17 kwh. This is based off a dead truck needing about 120 kwh. Why do you need to be charged 4 hours sooner? Either way, if you drain the battery most the way it will still be charged before you wake up in the morning if you plug in when you get home.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
So the difference, if my math is correct, is about 4 hours. 11 hours to a full charge at 11 KWH, 7 hours at 17 kwh. This is based off a dead truck needing about 120 kwh. Why do you need to be charged 4 hours sooner? Either way, if you drain the battery most the way it will still be charged before you wake up in the morning if you plug in when you get home.
Some folks are stuck in expensive time of use {TOU} energy plans, they need to cram as much juice as possible into a short time window.
Sponsored