• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Reading through his recent posts, he mentioned being in Australia
Ah ok. Ford's connected features do not work in all countries and I am not sure if Australia is one of them or not. If Fordpass does work there, then the dealer needs to activate his modem. It if does not work there, then I am limited as to what I can see. However, if his concern was to know if the dealer performed updates or not, the definitely did.
Sponsored

lazjen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER 2023
I see a bunch of modules were updated yesterday and the day before. The modem is unauthorized though, so connected features won't work including Fordpass. VIN appears to be a Canadian spec truck. Are you in the US?
As you've now worked out - I'm in Australia.

There's a sunshine coast in Canada, too. Probably more if you really look around. The country code his TCU shows is not for the US, so if he is not in the US, that would make sense. Modem may have bever been activated when the truck was purchased. His truck shows several expired OTA's in his history. I can't see any codes though because the truck is not talking to the cloud. Something is wrong with his modem.
I need to change that Sunshine Coast to mention Australia. Have to hunt through the menus and sort that...

Reading through his recent posts, he mentioned being in Australia
Yes, the first private Lightning owner in Australia.

Ah ok. Ford's connected features do not work in all countries and I am not sure if Australia is one of them or not. If Fordpass does work there, then the dealer needs to activate his modem. It if does not work there, then I am limited as to what I can see. However, if his concern was to know if the dealer performed updates or not, the definitely did.
There is FordPass in Australia, but the Lightnings are currently not sold here by Ford. They are imported and RHD converted locally. I'm working with my dealer (not a Ford dealer) to see if there's a way we can sort out the FordPass/modem thing.

Thanks for confirming the updates. It's quite an opaque process from my side of the fence.

JoeN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2022 Rivian
Hello,
@rugedraw, would you be able to check my VIN 1FT6W1EV1NWG10156 ?
Thanks,
Joe

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
As you've now worked out - I'm in Australia.

I need to change that Sunshine Coast to mention Australia. Have to hunt through the menus and sort that...

Yes, the first private Lightning owner in Australia.

There is FordPass in Australia, but the Lightnings are currently not sold here by Ford. They are imported and RHD converted locally. I'm working with my dealer (not a Ford dealer) to see if there's a way we can sort out the FordPass/modem thing.

Thanks for confirming the updates. It's quite an opaque process from my side of the fence.
I see you updated your location - you might update more about your truck - which year and model. XLT, Lariat, SR or ER? That way it shows up with each post when folks are helping. Thanks,

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
@lazjen In that case, if you can get me the VIN of any Sync 4 Ford vehicle there with working connected features, I can pull the as built data off of it to compare the country code on the TCU of that vehicle to yours and we can take it from there.

Hello,
@rugedraw, would you be able to check my VIN 1FT6W1EV1NWG10156 ?
Thanks,
Joe
Your truck is on the latest Sync version and only showing a few modules pending updates.

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1719674959055-m8

Sponsored

lazjen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER 2023
I see you updated your location - you might update more about your truck - which year and model. XLT, Lariat, SR or ER? That way it shows up with each post when folks are helping. Thanks,
Done, thanks for the reminder.

@lazjen In that case, if you can get me the VIN of any Sync 4 Ford vehicle there with working connected features, I can pull the as built data off of it to compare the country code on the TCU of that vehicle to yours and we can take it from there.
If I can ever work out a way of doing that, I'll get the data to you.

Reactions: GDN

Ryanhu1234

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
@rugedraw can you please check my vin thank you Ryan
This is my first post if I did it wrong I sorry

1FTVW1EL1PWG51142

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2022 Rivian

Your truck is on the latest Sync version and only showing a few modules pending updates.

1719674959055-m8.png
Thank you, much appreciated.

nickpalm

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
No change. Nothing has been sent to you since the last failed OTA.
Hi - Still nothing on my side and Its been since April 27th.. Can you tell if there's been another attempt? Thank you in advance.. I really appreciate all of the help with this.

jeff_h

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Paint-Drying Observer
Nothing has been sent to you yet, but I can tell you the modem was properly activated and your truck is talking to the cloud. Just gotta wait and there is nothing you can do to trigger updates to start coming in.
1FT6W1EV9PWG40539

I'm wondering if your side shows any recent codes? I've had the truck 6 weeks and 6k miles and the updates have been coming in, with the last one being "Ford Power Up" (bottom of notice says Priority Update 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE)

On my app I have updates scheduled for Saturdays 1am and Sundays 1am.

On Saturday evening I pulled into the garage as normal, came out Sunday morning and just about everything was dark. No response from start button, no lights when I opened the door, no response from pushing any button on remote.

I pulled the manual latch for the frunk and pulled the access panel and was going to try a jump start but am at my in-laws this weekend so no cables on hand, used a different car to run to Walmart and get a portable jump starter. I got back with the portable jump starter and directions said "unit comes with partial charge, plug in for 24 hours before first use" - OK side rant, when someone buys one of those things there's probably a 90% chance they are dealing with a dead battery so geez make them ready to go </rant>. And I think when I opened the frunk manually, the headlights and taillights came on, even though the dash and everything on the inside of the cab was completely dark.

Anyway, I plugged in the portable jump starter into the wall and figured a good first step would be to remove the negative cable from 12v battery and count to 10 and reconnect. I've seen posts about 12v cables being loose, but both cables felt tight. After I counted to 10 and reconnected the negative cable, the reconnect gave a good spark while connecting and the frunk light came on and I could hear the system/circuits all come back to life, and then everything was normal. So I didn't even make use of the portable jump starter, but am definitely keeping it in the frunk from now on.

So if this is the "Ford Power Up" and the better way to deliver updates, I'd like to place my vote for the old method, but would also like to see if there were any error codes that occurred?

Thanks!

Sponsored

DeusEx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
1FT6W1EV9PWG40539

I'm wondering if your side shows any recent codes? I've had the truck 6 weeks and 6k miles and the updates have been coming in, with the last one being "Ford Power Up" (bottom of notice says Priority Update 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE)

On my app I have updates scheduled for Saturdays 1am and Sundays 1am.

On Saturday evening I pulled into the garage as normal, came out Sunday morning and just about everything was dark. No response from start button, no lights when I opened the door, no response from pushing any button on remote.

I pulled the manual latch for the frunk and pulled the access panel and was going to try a jump start but am at my in-laws this weekend so no cables on hand, used a different car to run to Walmart and get a portable jump starter. I got back with the portable jump starter and directions said "unit comes with partial charge, plug in for 24 hours before first use" - OK side rant, when someone buys one of those things there's probably a 90% chance they are dealing with a dead battery so geez make them ready to go </rant>. And I think when I opened the frunk manually, the headlights and taillights came on, even though the dash and everything on the inside of the cab was completely dark.

Anyway, I plugged in the portable jump starter into the wall and figured a good first step would be to remove the negative cable from 12v battery and count to 10 and reconnect. I've seen posts about 12v cables being loose, but both cables felt tight. After I counted to 10 and reconnected the negative cable, the reconnect gave a good spark while connecting and the frunk light came on and I could hear the system/circuits all come back to life, and then everything was normal. So I didn't even make use of the portable jump starter, but am definitely keeping it in the frunk from now on.

So if this is the "Ford Power Up" and the better way to deliver updates, I'd like to place my vote for the old method, but would also like to see if there were any error codes that occurred?

Thanks!
I'm coming from the Mach-E side, but updates come at the whim of Ford as far as us customers know. I wished there better answer for your question on how to get updates to come via OTA timely. If you want to update your car as soon as they're available, you'll need to purchase your own hardware, and a time limited license to FDRS (Ford Diagnostic and Repair System).

That said, here are the available updates for your car's different modules in FDRS.

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1FT6W1EV9PWG40539
Sponsored