• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Your guess is as good as mine. He sent a follow up text saying that they have a game plan now based on that response. So we’ll see where it goes from here. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks that it’s been in the shop.
Watching your progress with interest. Almost at 10 months since my last update and I suspect my truck may be afflicted with a similar glitch. Glad they finally have game plan. I wouldn't be able to go weeks without a vehicle, I hope this pays dividends for other owners. I really appreciate you sharing your progress.
Sponsored

telrod11

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Platinum
I bought mine used about six weeks ago and am curious as to whether there are updates pending for it.

Would you please check

1FT6W1EV9PWG09162

Much appreciated!

OrangeCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue
A check for 1FTVW1EV1PWG04095 is much appreciated. Got the battery sensor csp done and I got a few minor updates no power up for months. Thanks in advance.

leonbell

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning Lariat 2023
Hello all,

I wanted to start a thread here for people to want to get their VINs run through PTS or FDRS. Anyone that has PTS or FDRS access, please feel free to jump in the thread and provide info if a request is made.

PTS shows OTA history and/or if you have any active OTA triggers waiting to install on your vehicle. You can also pull window stickers, see what DTC's the truck is reporting to the cloud (this only works if you have your Fordpass set up), pull up wiring diagrams, check for open recalls, warranty history, and more.

FDRS checks will show all modules on the vehicle that have a pending update on Ford's server. This can also be done with PTS, but it is not as accurate as FDRS. Any questions about the FDRS process, please refer to this thread; let's keep this one specific to VIN checks and not FDRS procedural questions:

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/lightning-software-updates-using-fdrs.11029/

If you prefer to not post your VIN publicly on the forum, feel free to message me privately. In your request, please specify what you need checked. OTA history? Modules pending updates? Why is an OTA failing? etc

Note: If you want an FDRS specific check, please note that I only have FDRS access in the evenings when I am home with my laptop. Unless someone else with FDRS access can chime in, any specific FDRS checks would have to wait until I am home for me to do.
Thank you for offering this.
If you get time....
I have message of"
"Ford Power-Up 6.8.0
Not Completed"

This has been there for about 10-14 days.

Up until now I have had updates go through without a problem, in fact for the 3 weeks leading up to this I had about 4 or more updates with 2 in one day.

VIN:1FTVW1EV3PWG17883

Thanks,

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
1FT6W1EVXNWG02976

I believe all is working properly, my modem connects every time, my 12v stays charged. Last update was over a month ago or so with the Driver Monitoring system. Anything else on the way or due? Have seen some updates posted in forums that I haven’t received.

Sponsored
OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Can you check 1FT6W1EVXPWG38153 ?

I got 4.2.1.1, 4.2.1.2, then digital owner's manual OTA on consecutive days about a month after purchase. No other updates since.

Trying to figure out if anything is else has been queued but isn't downloading / installing.

Thanks!
Nothing else has been sent. Three updates in 4 days is more than normal. I would consider myself lucky and not get used to that
Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1721655588322-v
I

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I bought mine used about six weeks ago and am curious as to whether there are updates pending for it.

Would you please check

1FT6W1EV9PWG09162

Much appreciated!
Truck is on the latest Sync version, but is pending updates to many ancillary modules. Modem is working fine and the truck is talking to the cloud. Last OTA was ECG-24.2.4.9 on 6/20.

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1721655852577-u8

Thank you for offering this.
If you get time....
I have message of"
"Ford Power-Up 6.8.0
Not Completed"

This has been there for about 10-14 days.

Up until now I have had updates go through without a problem, in fact for the 3 weeks leading up to this I had about 4 or more updates with 2 in one day.

VIN:1FTVW1EV3PWG17883

Thanks,
"Not Completed" usually means the OTA failed for some reason. However, in your case, it appears the OTA trigger is still active. If when you try to install it manually, it does not let you, then something happened between the handshake between your truck and the mothership where your truck thinks the OTA failed. I'm afraid you aren't going to be able to do anything but wait for the OTA to expire on the server side and then wait some more for it to be resent.

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1721655998713-89

1FT6W1EVXNWG02976

I believe all is working properly, my modem connects every time, my 12v stays charged. Last update was over a month ago or so with the Driver Monitoring system. Anything else on the way or due? Have seen some updates posted in forums that I haven’t received.
No active OTA trigger at this time. You are on the latest Sync version and modules pending updates are below:

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1721656420429-38

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
A check for 1FTVW1EV1PWG04095 is much appreciated. Got the battery sensor csp done and I got a few minor updates no power up for months. Thanks in advance.
Truck is on the latest Sync version and last OTA was ECG-24.2.4.9 on 6/21. Modules with pending updates are:

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1721656525477-jx

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
So, because I’m not as savvy in understanding these things, what do “pending module updates” mean? Will those be updated automatically the next time an OTA happens? Do I need to ask for this at my service appointment? Thanks for the assistance!

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
So, because I’m not as savvy in understanding these things, what do “pending module updates” mean? Will those be updated automatically the next time an OTA happens? Do I need to ask for this at my service appointment? Thanks for the assistance!
With the exception of the WACM, all the other modules with the green dots that have pending updates can be updated via the OTA process and eventually will. It will not be one update, though....it will be many and you can go days, weeks or months without getting one.

The dealer will not help. Ford does not pay them labor hours to update modules just because they aren't up to date. The dealer will only do updates if they are tied to a recall or if they fix an issue.

Sponsored

telrod11

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Platinum
Truck is on the latest Sync version, but is pending updates to many ancillary modules. Modem is working fine and the truck is talking to the cloud. Last OTA was ECG-24.2.4.9 on 6/20.

1721655852577-u8.png

"Not Completed" usually means the OTA failed for some reason. However, in your case, it appears the OTA trigger is still active. If when you try to install it manually, it does not let you, then something happened between the handshake between your truck and the mothership where your truck thinks the OTA failed. I'm afraid you aren't going to be able to do anything but wait for the OTA to expire on the server side and then wait some more for it to be resent.

1721655998713-89.png

No active OTA trigger at this time. You are on the latest Sync version and modules pending updates are below:

1721656420429-38.png
Thanks for doing this for us!!!

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
First off, Thank you so much for providing this service and donating your time to us.

I was hoping to see if I'm stuck not receiving updates or if I simply don't have any coming my way yet. Last update received was April '23 if I'm not mistaken. 1FTVW1EV2NWG13840

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
First off, Thank you so much for providing this service and donating your time to us.

I was hoping to see if I'm stuck not receiving updates or if I simply don't have any coming my way yet. Last update received was April '23 if I'm not mistaken. 1FTVW1EV2NWG13840
Your truck is on Sync 22326 which is pretty old at this point. Also, your truck is reporting some codes of concern. These lost comm and ethernet failure codes between the TCU and GWM are not normal. Not getting an update for almost a year and a half is also not normal. I think a dealer visit may be warranted in your case. I can't say for certain this is why you haven't gotten any updates, but these codes are a red flag to me.

The APIM code being reported below is tied to an SSM that says if you are having issues with your touchscreen blacking out, the entire screen needs to be replaced.

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1721678033174-ze

Last edited:

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning SR Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
Hi Rugedraw,

My last update was June 20th, something about a connectivity improvement, which to honest wasn't much of an improvement, can you see if there was one after that? I have no idea if i had the latest update.
VIN: 1FTVW1EL4PWG32701
Thanks.

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hi Rugedraw,

My last update was June 20th, something about a connectivity improvement, which to honest wasn't much of an improvement, can you see if there was one after that? I have no idea if i had the latest update.
VIN: 1FTVW1EL4PWG32701
Thanks.
Last OTA was ECG-24.2.4.9 on 6/19. Your truck is on the latest sync version and modules still pending updates are below:

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1721743517237-wm
Sponsored