• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Can anyone check mine, please.

1FT6W1EV3PWG50077
Your truck is on Sync 23159 which is one version behind the latest. The modem was properly activated when you bought it and your truck is talking to the cloud just fine. Seems like you bought it just 3 weeks ago. Keep in mind that the modem is not turned on until the vehicle is sold, so it was sitting at the dealer months offline, so no updates were sent to it which is why it is a bit behind now. The OTA process for Fords is not predictable or reliable. You can get an update sent in a day, a week, a month or longer. I don't see anything wrong with your truck in terms of it not being able to get updates, but it will be a good long while before the OTA process will get you caught up. List of modules with pending updates for you are marked with a green dot below:

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1721842738845-5q

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Your truck is on Sync 23159 which is one version behind the latest. The modem was properly activated when you bought it and your truck is talking to the cloud just fine. Seems like you bought it just 3 weeks ago. Keep in mind that the modem is not turned on until the vehicle is sold, so it was sitting at the dealer months offline, so no updates were sent to it which is why it is a bit behind now. The OTA process for Fords is not predictable or reliable. You can get an update sent in a day, a week, a month or longer. I don't see anything wrong with your truck in terms of it not being able to get updates, but it will be a good long while before the OTA process will get you caught up. List of modules with pending updates for you are marked with a green dot below:

1721842738845-5q.png
Thank you! Would it be smart to just wait for OTA or get my hands on a Mongoose and manually update myself?

Sponsored
OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thank you! Would it be smart to just wait for OTA or get my hands on a Mongoose and manually update myself?
That depends on who you ask. I will always recommend FDRS. Once you're caught up, the OTA process does a decent job keeping you there.

With that said, keep in mind that at this time, there are certain powertrain updates for the Lightnings that are on hold from Ford, so you would not be able to those with FDRS. It is possible that they get released between now and the time I get to you on the waiting list for the Mongoose, but if they aren't, you would get them with an OTA in the future.

Con someone check mine?
1FTVW1EL4PWG30057
Your truck is on the latest Sync version and shows recent OTA history. Modules with pending updates are below. Nothing to be concerned about here, IMO.

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1721844747117-s6

jhawkbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Your guess is as good as mine. He sent a follow up text saying that they have a game plan now based on that response. So we’ll see where it goes from here. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks that it’s been in the shop.
It's been in the shop for 25 days now.
I asked for an update on Tuesday and here's the response:
The tech is on it, just have to bounce back and forth with programming dept.
@rugedraw, can you check and see if you can tell if anything has been done or updated?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
That's discouraging. Making me lean ever closer to pulling the trigger on a mongoose.
@rugedraw, are you able to tell if I'd be able to get the updates for enabling BC 1.3? Or would I be roadblocked by the powertrain update hold?

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales

@rugedraw, can you check and see if you can tell if anything has been done or updated?
Truck has been untouched with the exception of today that someone plugged it into FDRS, but didn't do anything. It seems to me like they are waiting for Ford to tell them what to do next.

That's discouraging. Making me lean ever closer to pulling the trigger on a mongoose.
@rugedraw, are you able to tell if I'd be able to get the updates for enabling BC 1.3? Or would I be roadblocked by the powertrain update hold?
The modules that need to be updated to enable the newer BC are not tied to the powertrain modules. So yes, you would be able to do so if you were to apply the updates relevant to BC.

cowboys1870

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning SR XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Can someone check me? I have not received an update since the Supercharger P&C update.

1FTVW1EL4NWG02224

Sponsored
OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Can someone check me? I have not received an update since the Supercharger P&C update.

1FTVW1EL4NWG02224
Your truck is on the latest Sync version and only showing a few pending updates. The PSCM/IPMA you see below are not available OTA, so there isn't much you need updated. You aren't getting update because there is very little to update. Nothing to be worried about here.
Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1722018081707-kx

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Hello all,

I wanted to start a thread here for people to want to get their VINs run through PTS or FDRS. Anyone that has PTS or FDRS access, please feel free to jump in the thread and provide info if a request is made.

PTS shows OTA history and/or if you have any active OTA triggers waiting to install on your vehicle. You can also pull window stickers, see what DTC's the truck is reporting to the cloud (this only works if you have your Fordpass set up), pull up wiring diagrams, check for open recalls, warranty history, and more.

FDRS checks will show all modules on the vehicle that have a pending update on Ford's server. This can also be done with PTS, but it is not as accurate as FDRS. Any questions about the FDRS process, please refer to this thread; let's keep this one specific to VIN checks and not FDRS procedural questions:

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/lightning-software-updates-using-fdrs.11029/

If you prefer to not post your VIN publicly on the forum, feel free to message me privately. In your request, please specify what you need checked. OTA history? Modules pending updates? Why is an OTA failing? etc

Note: If you want an FDRS specific check, please note that I only have FDRS access in the evenings when I am home with my laptop. Unless someone else with FDRS access can chime in, any specific FDRS checks would have to wait until I am home for me to do.
Would you please check my OTA history and modules pending updates?1FTVW1EV6PWG61411

Bitterbrush

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 F-150, 2015 Explorer, 2023 Lightning LariatER
Occupation
Pilot
Hi @rugedraw ,
Thanks for your help. I have an Update Incomplete notice after what appeared to be a 12 hour download, and Ford OTA has shrugged it’s shoulders and passed me off to a three week wait to get into the dealership. Would appreciate a peek from an expert as to what is going on.
VIN 1FT6W1EV2PWG41953
2023 Lariat ER

Thanks again.

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Would you please check my OTA history and modules pending updates?1FTVW1EV6PWG61411
OTA history and modules pending updates are below:

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1722090299777-wf

Hi @rugedraw ,
Thanks for your help. I have an Update Incomplete notice after what appeared to be a 12 hour download, and Ford OTA has shrugged it’s shoulders and passed me off to a three week wait to get into the dealership. Would appreciate a peek from an expert as to what is going on.
VIN 1FT6W1EV2PWG41953
2023 Lariat ER

Thanks again.
The update failed due to an issue installing of the files. In this case, PTS does not give any clear details as to what happened citing "errorCode":"85""errorCategory":"7""ecuId":"2000""fpn":"PU5T-14G676-CC". This is internal lingo that would only make sense to Ford engineers.

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1722090475493-gs

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1722090331369-1q

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
OTA history and modules pending updates are below:

1722090299777-wf.png

The update failed due to an issue installing of the files. In this case, PTS does not give any clear details as to what happened citing "errorCode":"85""errorCategory":"7""ecuId":"2000""fpn":"PU5T-14G676-CC". This is internal lingo that would only make sense to Ford engineers.

1722090475493-gs.png

1722090331369-1q.png
Thank you for all you do for all of us!!😁
Any thoughts on whether I should FDRS it or just wait for the OTA’s? I assume I cannot use forscan!
Sponsored

Last edited: