First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
After 23k miles and 11 months of owning my 23 Lightning XLT ER I have yet to figure out the purpose of the red pull tab near where a hood release normally would be.

I have pulled it and nothing happened.

Does anyone know?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
so, if the Frunk release button, either the one right above your left leg, or the one on the front of the truck, do not work(12v battery dead, etc)... this manual 'release' allows the frunk's primary lock to release.

Sponsored

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
OP
OP

Joe Dablock

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Thanks, I suspected something like that. I will try pulling it a little harder.

I miss the old paper manuals 😊

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
Thanks, I suspected something like that. I will try pulling it a little harder.

I miss the old paper manuals 😊
I do and don't miss them.
Pro and con: the PDF version is searchable, but it's on my PC not in my truck.
The PDF will not get dog-eared or torn either, or stolen from my glove box.

However, you could download the PDF and printout the 662 pages on a color printer (or buy one for a zillion dollars from a 3rd party).

What I do is print out a page when I need to do something, like program some non-sense through the inscrutable menu, and take it to the truck.

If it were only on paper, it might as well be Shogun or War and Peace or Gravity's Rainbow - too long to read cover to cover easily.

Sponsored

Slick68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rapid Red Lightning, 68 Mustang, 17 Road Glide
I do and don't miss them.
Pro and con: the PDF version is searchable, but it's on my PC not in my truck.
The PDF will not get dog-eared or torn either, or stolen from my glove box.

However, you could download the PDF and printout the 662 pages on a color printer (or buy one for a zillion dollars from a 3rd party)…
When I first got my ‘22 ER Lariat, I printed the entire PDF out and put it in a 3-Ring binder. Yeah, I know, lots of paper and ink, but I work from home so a lot of our office supplies are “subsidized” by the companies my wife and I work for. Of course I only used the paper and printer ink WE *cough* bought. 😗
Anywho, I keep it in a zip-up 3-ring binder under my rear seat. When I’m sitting at some charger topping off, I’ll thumb through it …

Mach Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, 2024 XLT
Occupation
Bum
I've noticed the driver's seat reclines a great deal. Add a footrest (a la Hyundai?) and reading material of that sort, and charging stops could be really good for naps.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
When I first got my ‘22 ER Lariat, I printed the entire PDF out and put it in a 3-Ring binder. Yeah, I know, lots of paper and ink, but I work from home so a lot of our office supplies are “subsidized” by the companies my wife and I work for. Of course I only used the paper and printer ink WE *cough* bought. 😗
Anywho, I keep it in a zip-up 3-ring binder under my rear seat. When I’m sitting at some charger topping off, I’ll thumb through it …
If the truck was owned and/or mainly used by the business, the full amount could be written off so I've read:

"Heavy SUVs, pickups, and vans over 6000 lbs. and mainly used for business can get a partial deduction and bonus depreciation. Typical work vehicles without personal use qualify. Cargo vans and box trucks with no passenger seating can qualify. Specialty vehicles like ambulances and hearses often qualify...
As of 2024, the deduction for vehicles weighing between 6,000 and 14,000 lbs has been adjusted. Taxpayers can now deduct up to $30,000 for qualifying vehicles falling within this weight range. However, larger commercial cars, vans, and buses continue to be exempt from this SUV rule....
The eligibility for tax incentives, such as the Section 179 deduction, for vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 6,000 pounds or more is contingent upon several key criteria. First and foremost, the vehicle must have a GVWR of 6,000 pounds or higher.

However, simply meeting this weight threshold does not guarantee eligibility. The vehicle must also be used for business purposes, meaning it must be utilized primarily for business activities rather than personal use.

Furthermore, to qualify for tax incentives, the vehicle must be purchased and placed into service within the tax year for which the deduction is being claimed. This means that the vehicle must be acquired and actively used for business operations during the same tax year in which the deduction is sought.

Vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating of 6,000 pounds or more may qualify for tax incentives, such as the Section 179 deduction, if they meet specific criteria including business usage and purchase and placement into service within the applicable tax year. "

https://www.taxfyle.com/blog/list-of-vehicles-over-6000-lbs

The list in the table there does not mention the F-150 Lightning, but I think it weighs over the 6,000 lb threshold - To verify a vehicle's GVWR of over 6,000-pounds, check the driver's door.

"To qualify for Section 179 tax savings, you must prove that the vehicle is being used for business purposes more than 50% of the time. Some qualifying vehicles you can find at our dealership include the Ford F-150, the Ford Ranger, the Ford Maverick, and the Ford F-150 Lightning."

https://www.aschenbachford.com/section-179-tax-benefits.html
Sponsored