• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Six weeks later - still waiting on Pro Charger

HWT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
I purchased and received delivery of my 2023 Lightning over six weeks ago. I ordered the extended range battery, so was supposed to receive the Pro Charger soon afterwards. The dealer communicated the sale with Ford and SunRun the next day. I have been communicating with SunRun for nearly five months as I was trying to get ahead of this. I have made numerous calls to SunRun and to Ford Customer Service, but still do not have a date for receiving the Pro Charger, nor an installation date. Any ideas on how to expedite this?
Sponsored

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
It sucks that you’re experiencing that. I picked mine up off the lot mid November and with no conversations with Sunrun it appeared before Christmas. I would imagine you have to deal with Sunrun at this point since it’s on them to ship it.

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Similar to @Mmiketa I picked up my Lightning in late November. Made a call to SunRun a day or so later (and a few more over the ensuing weeks) and had my charger just before Christmas. I didn't use SunRun for the install, and my electrician had it installed December 29th.
SunRun certainly seems less capable of effective customer service; I experienced varying information depending on the agent I spoke with, and the "escalation" agent never had access to any usable information. It simply seems one needs to be a "squeaky wheel" with them (which it sounds like you have been doing)

mefly2

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER / KO2s max tow ; 22 F350, 23 C8 Vette
Occupation
Retired CSc/Math teacher. LEO
Buy a charger here on the forum and sell yours when it finally arrives ...

Steveel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I received this from Sunrun on Dec. 29th. ( they did get the year wrong on dealer sold vehicles. 🙄)

"Thanks for contacting Sunrun Customer Care in regards to Ford Charge Station Pro

Sunrun and Ford have identified a set of Dealer-sold F-150 Lightnings from October and November 2024 that were not automatically shipped their Charger due to a data issue. We are working on shipping these as quickly as our Warehouse can move, and will update you with a FedEx Tracking # for your VIN Thank you for your patience.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. You can reply directly to this email or call us at (855) 478-6786."

Sponsored

djstough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2023 MachE Premium ER
I don't believe a word they say. That being said, I bought my truck on 11/22 and the charger finally arrived on 12/27.

NJAdales2

First Name
Gail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I purchased and received delivery of my 2023 Lightning over six weeks ago. I ordered the extended range battery, so was supposed to receive the Pro Charger soon afterwards. The dealer communicated the sale with Ford and SunRun the next day. I have been communicating with SunRun for nearly five months as I was trying to get ahead of this. I have made numerous calls to SunRun and to Ford Customer Service, but still do not have a date for receiving the Pro Charger, nor an installation date. Any ideas on how to expedite this?
I took delivery of my '23 Lariat ER on 12/4/23 after locating one w/ Max Tow pkg on a dealer's lot after my dealer's months' long efforts to find one for me failed. I immediately called SunRun to be sure it had all my info and that the dealer had reported it sold (it had). After the initial status of Awaiting Shipment, my escalation case mgr told me a week of so ago that it was Backordered (no date available). He said that the next thing that would happen is that he would email me the FedEx tracking # when there was one. He also told me mine was one of the ones delayed by the data issue. I received an email identical to that received by Steveel.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Such a shame. In May I got mine in 6 days. Didn't need it, sold it.

surlymcm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER order. 23 Taycan 4CT, 04 E 320 wagon
Bought my ER on 12/5 and received my charger two days ago. Received the same emails from sunrun as above. 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡show

OP
OP

HWT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. I received this from Sunrun on 1/8/24, but nothing since even though I inquired again.

"I see your shipping status is still showing that this charger is ready to release from our warehouse and is awaiting pick up by our shipper, FedEx. The order is in the queue to be picked up. We appreciate your patience as we get caught up on orders."

This is a messed up infrastructure!

NemoSadGoose

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Property Management
Sorry to hear about this. I assumed my charger would tka e 4-6 weeks to arrive so I had my step dad (electrician) install a 240 40amp next to my panel in the garage about a week after I got my truck (11/30/23). But then got the notification 3 days later from FedEx the pro charger was on the way.
Sponsored