• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sport Mode

Bhinde99

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lighting
Occupation
Construction
Is there a way to keep the truck in Sport Mode 100% unless I turn it off? It's annoying to have to set in Sport mode every time I get in the truck.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Is there a way to keep the truck in Sport Mode 100% unless I turn it off? It's annoying to have to set in Sport mode every time I get in the truck.
No, pay attention to the [Instrument Panel Cluster] when you hit the start button, all you have to do is click OK to stay in Sport mode from prior drive cycle.

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
@Ford Motor Company needs to re-release the patch that allows it to stay in Sports mode without hitting ok. They released an update that allowed it to stay in sport mode, but they released another update shortly after that removed that. It was nice for the week or so that it lasted.

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
@Ford Motor Company needs to re-release the patch that allows it to stay in Sports mode without hitting ok. They released an update that allowed it to stay in sport mode, but they released another update shortly after that removed that. It was nice for the week or so that it lasted.
Yeah, and if you check that thread and the notice you received on the recall, you'd see that it's federally mandated to be that way.

Sponsored

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
On my last road trip, I found Sport Mode gave me the best efficiency. Is that possible? SeeMs counterintuitive.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
On my last road trip, I found Sport Mode gave me the best efficiency. Is that possible? SeeMs counterintuitive.
Sport mode changes throttle response and steering feedback.

You will find it can be as efficient as normal mode if you modulate the throttle properly.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
as of yet, Ford has not programmed the ability to 'stay' in a specific Drive Mode, other than 'NORMAL'... maybe they will in the future, but, for now, it's as easy as always pressing that 'O.K.' button when you turn the truck ON for the first time, with the "Do you wish to stay in SPORT Mode?" question in front of you.
The question, too, actually DOES stay on a good bit longer now... I believe they tweaked this option.

Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I never tried sport mode before driving a loaner Mach E which defaulted to whatever setting was last used.

Now that I have tried it I also want it to always be in sport mode.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Meanwhile, I want an eco mode that NERFs my power and limits my top speed to 80mph since I lack impulse control.
You can limit Top Speed with the MyKey feature.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I would love an eco mode. Maybe it would allow the weaker motor to freewheel once it was not needed for torque or hp. 😊
I would love that. My R1T was about 35% more efficient after going into Eco mode (w/ rear disconnect) and lowering the suspension along with throttle adjustments.